Ringsted  is a city on the island of Zealand in Denmark.
Ringsted has a population of 20,575 (2009).
There is busses, a train station and lots of bicycle paths.
- Church of Saint Benedict (Sankt Bendts Kirke). The church was built in the 12th century and contains the tomb of, among others, Queen Dagmar.
- Ringsted Kongrescenter, .
- Kino Ringsted, . Small cinema.
In Ringsted there is a lot of shopping, both in the center called ""Ringstedet", in the brand new "Factory Outlet" and not least in the city itself with a lot of different shops. The city centre also have a shopping centre called "Ringsted Centret", a nice place with exciting shops, ex. a well assorted shoe shop "Rica Sko" with the newest and most fancy shoes for the whole family! Go and try it on a day with bad weather.
Recently the city got a rather large shopping center called "Factory Outlet", which contains some interesting boutiques. There is also a small cinema (only 30 seats) in Ringsted, and a congress center with ever changing music and entertainment. What is very interesting about Ringsted is the nature that surrounds the city.
The choice of restaurants is not too bad for a city of this size. You can find cheap fast food, pizzerias, Chinese and even a Mexican restaurant. If you want Danish cuisine, you will have to spend a bit more, but will also be rewarded with some decent menues. The city does not have any real top end restaurants, but a few restaurants have found their way to the splurge section offering Danish, Japanese and Italian cuisine. Most of the restaurants are found in the area between Jyllandsgade and Nordre Ringvej.
- Deep Pan House, Køgevej 28, ☎ +45 5767 1908. M-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Fast food restaurant serving deep pan pizzas, as well as Italian an Mexican dishes. Deep pan pizzas from 50 DKK, pastas from 50 DKK, nachos 60 DKK.
- El Castillo's Cantina, Vestervej 2, ☎ +45 5767 6004. Mexican restaurant.
- Firezza, Sct. Hansgade 11, ☎ +45 5766 1111 ([email protected]), . M-Sa 11AM-9PM, Su noon-9PM. Italian restaurant also serving pastas and meat dishes. The pizzas are made in a stone oven. The interior is stylish and distinguish this place from the ordinary pizzeria.
- Hua Yang, Køgevej 24-26, ☎ +45 5767 0075, . Buffet with barbeque 108 DKK (F-Su 128 DKK), menus from 118 DKK, mains from 89 DKK.
- Benløse Kro, Roskildevej 113, ☎ +45 5761 5412 ([email protected]), . Tu-Sa 5PM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Old inn serving typical Danish cuisine. Large portions but not very sophisticated. Friendly service but a bit slow. Mains 89-224 DKK, Sunday lunch buffet 158 DKK.
- Chr. VI Overdrevskro, Roskildevej 513 (10 km northeast of town, take bus 240 to Roskildevej/Nebsmøllevej stop, walk back to Roskildevej and continue northeast for 15 minutes), ☎ +45 5752 8912, . W 5PM-9PM, Th-Su noon-9PM. Old inn dating back from around 1700, even though the present buildings are somewhat newer. Serves traditional Danish cuisine. Sunday lunch buffet 125 DKK, mains 100-125 DKK.
- Ferdinands Bøfhus, Nørregade 31-33, ☎ +45 5767 6720 ([email protected]), . M-Th 11AM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 1PM-10PM. Restaurant specialising in steaks with a lot of different dishes to choose from. The restaurants brands itself as fusion/crossover, which is difficult to see why, but the steaks are great. The wine list is very limited, it is not possible to have a wine that matches the steaks. Most main dishes around 200 DKK, ranging from burgers 119 DKK, via 300g tenderlion 279 DKK to very large steak 599 DKK.
- Kokken & Tyren, Nørregade 38, ☎ +45 5764 0101 ([email protected]), . Tu-Su from 5PM. Danish/French cuisine with many ecological ingredients. Decent wine list. Rustic interior and a nice patio. Mains 145-280 DKK.
- Lins Restaurant, Køgevej 1, ☎ +45 5761 8888 ([email protected]), . M-F 4PM-10PM, Sa-Su noon-10PM. Typical Chinese restaurant, but actually not very cheap. Menus from 128 DKK, mains 98-168 DKK.
- Italy & Italy, Torvet 1C, ☎ +45 5761 5353 ([email protected]), . M-Th noon-3PM, 5PM-9PM; F-Sa noon-3PM, 5PM-10PM, Sa 5PM-9PM. Great Italian restaurant with simple and classy interior. The pastas are good, but do not go here if your are looking for a steak. The wine list is long, very Italian and lacking really top end wines. Pizzas from 75 DKK, pastas from 109 DKK, mains 199 DKK.
- Oishii, Tinggade 10, ☎ +45 5761 6666 ([email protected]), . M-Sa noon-9PM, Sa 1PM-9PM. Japanese restaurant serving sushi and other typical Japanese dishes.
About a handfull of places to drink n' dance in the city.
Bars and clubs
- Baghuset, Sct. Hansgade 31A, ☎ +45 5767 6898 ([email protected]), . M-W 3PM-midnight, Th 3PM-2AM, F noon-4AM, Sa 2PM-4AM. Bar with dance in weekends and live music now and then.
- Wengel, Nørregade 12. Th-Sa 4PM-1AM. Pub with live music now and then.
- Café Aspendos, Møllegade 11, ☎ +45 5767 0509. M-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Café serving drinks and light meals.
- Café Slabberas, Butik 26, Klosterparks Alle 1, ☎ +45 5040 5303 ([email protected]). M-F 10AM-6PM, Sa 10AM-5PM. Café serving drinks and light meals. Outdoor seating when wheater permits.
- Cafe Valdemar, Torvet 6 (at the towns main square), ☎ +45 2395 0510. M-F 10AM-8PM, Sa 10AM-6PM. Café serving drinks and light meals. Outdoor seating when wheater permits.
- Annegaarden Bed & Breakfast, .
- Annettes Bed & Breakfast, .
- Danhostel, Sct. Bendtsgade 18 (just beside the church), ☎ +45 5761 1526, .
- Gyrstinge Village Hostel, .
- Hotel Sørup Herregaard, .
- Merløsegaard Manor, .
- Skjoldenæsholm Hotel and ConferenceCenter, .