Ringsted  is a city on the island of Zealand in Denmark.
Ringsted has a population of 20,575 (2009).
There is busses, a train station and lots of bicycle paths.
- Church of Saint Benedict (Sankt Bendts Kirke). The church was built in the 12th century and contains the tomb of, among others, Queen Dagmar.
- Ringsted Kongrescenter, .
- Kino Ringsted, . Small cinema.
In Ringsted there is a lot of shopping, both in the center called ""Ringstedet", in the brand new "Factory Outlet" and not least in the city itself with a lot of different shops. The city centre also have a shopping centre called "Ringsted Centret", a nice place with exciting shops, ex. a well assorted shoe shop "Rica Sko" with the newest and most fancy shoes for the whole family! Go and try it on a day with bad weather.
Recently the city got a rather large shopping center called "Factory Outlet", which contains some interesting boutiques. There is also a small cinema (only 30 seats) in Ringsted, and a congress center with ever changing music and entertainment. What is very interesting about Ringsted is the nature that surrounds the city.
Lots of pizzarias and such, a few Chinese restaurants and a few family restaurants.
- Deep Pan House, Køgevej 28, ☎ +45 5767 1908. M-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Fast food restaurant serving deep pan pizzas, as well as Italian an Mexican dishes. Deep pan pizzas from 50 DKK, pastas from 50 DKK, nachos 60 DKK.
- El Castillo's Cantina, Vestervej 2, ☎ +45 5767 6004. Mexican restaurant.
- Firezza, Sct. Hansgade 11, ☎ +45 5766 1111 ([email protected]), . M-Sa 11AM-9PM, Su noon-9PM. Italian restaurant also serving pastas and meat dishes. The pizzas are made in a stone oven. The interior is stylish and distinguish this place from the ordinary pizzeria.
- Hua Yang, . Menus from 118 DKK, mains from 89 DKK.
- Benløse Kro, Roskildevej 113, ☎ +45 5761 5412 ([email protected]), . Tu-Sa 5PM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Old inn serving typical Danish cuisine. Large portions but not very sophisticated. Friendly service but a bit slow. Mains 89-224 DKK, Sunday lunch buffet 158 DKK.
- Chr. VI Overdrevskro, Roskildevej 513, ☎ +45 5752 8912, . W 5PM-9PM, Th-Su noon-9PM.
- Oishii, Tinggade 10, ☎ +45 5761 6666 ([email protected]), . M-Sa noon-9PM, Sa 1PM-9PM. Japanese restaurant serving sushi and other typical Japanese dishes.
About a handfull of places to drink n' dance in the city.
Bars and clubs
- Baghuset, Sct. Hansgade 31A, ☎ +45 5767 6898 ([email protected]), . M-W 3PM-midnight, Th 3PM-2AM, F noon-4AM, Sa 2PM-4AM. Bar with dance in weekends and live music now and then.
- Wengel, Nørregade 12. Th-Sa 4PM-1AM. Pub with live music now and then.
- Café Aspendos, Møllegade 11, ☎ +45 5767 0509. M-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Café serving drinks and light meals.
- Café Slabberas, Butik 26, Klosterparks Alle 1, ☎ +45 5040 5303 ([email protected]). M-F 10AM-6PM, Sa 10AM-5PM. Café serving drinks and light meals. Outdoor seating when wheater permits.
- Cafe Valdemar, Torvet 6 (at the towns main square), ☎ +45 2395 0510. M-F 10AM-8PM, Sa 10AM-6PM. Café serving drinks and light meals. Outdoor seating when wheater permits.
- Danhostel, Sct. Bendtsgade 18 (just beside the church), ☎ +45 5761 1526, .
- Gyrstinge Village Hostel, .
- Hotel Sørup Herregaard, .
- Merløsegaard Manor, .
- Skjoldenæsholm Hotel and ConferenceCenter, .