Ribe is in Jutland, Denmark.
Trains run to Ribe hourly from Esbjerg, during daylight hours, and less frequently at night, until around midnight. Trains also run to Ribe from Tønder with similar frequencies.
Ribe railway station is located on the eastern side of the town, approximately 5-10 minutes walk from the centre.
Ribe is a small town, and the only really practical method for getting around is on foot.
- Ribe Cathedral (Ribe Domkirke), is worth a visit alone for the view from the top of the church tower, overseeing the complete town of Ribe, surrounded by flat moors as far as the eye stretches. The view from above, of the city and the river running through it, gives a good impression of the medieval and viking origins of the city.
- Ribe Castle (Ribe Slot), which is not really a castle, as much as a ruin with almost no ruins left. Surrounded by moats connected to the river, however, it presents a worthy site of defense and historical power.The beloved Queen Dagmar, who was married to King Valdemar Sejr, and who according to legend, became ill and then died at Riberhus Castle, but awoke from the dead to speak for the last time with her beloved husband and king. http://www.danhostel-ribe.dk/index.php?id=70
- Ribe’s Night Watchman. Every evening from 1st of May until 15th of September you may accompany the night watchman in Ribe on his route through the old, winding streets, while he is singing to alert citizens about bedtime approaching. Along the way he will tell you tales about witches, floods and fires. http://www.danhostel-ribe.dk/index.php?id=68
- Things to see and do in Ribe and Ribe County. http://www.danhostel-ribe.dk/index.php?id=83
- Pictures from Ribe, Nature around Ribe and the Wadden Sea http://www.danhostel-ribe.dk/index.php?id=72
- Ribes Vikinger The Museum Ribe’s Vikings – the Viking era and the Middle Ages. http://www.ribesvikinger.dk/
- Ribe VikingeCenter – a visit to Ribe Viking Centre will provide you with a unique experience and new knowledge about the Viking Age. You can wander round the reconstructed life-size Viking estate, peopled with Vikings with whom you can work and talk http://www.ribevikingecenter.dk/
- Ribe Art Museum with paintings from Denmark’s Golden Age and the famous Skagen painters. http://www.ribe-kunstmuseum.dk/
- The Wadden Sea Centre Go and sea the Wadden Sea and learn about it at the Wadden Sea centre less than 10 km. from Ribe http://www.vadehavscentret.dk/
- The Night Watchman in Ribe. Every evening from 1st of May until 15th of September you may accompany the night watchman in Ribe on his route through the old, winding streets, while he is singing to alert citizens about bedtime approaching. Along the way he will tell you tales about witches, floods and fires. http://www.danhostel-ribe.dk/index.php?id=68
- Town Walk in Ribe. - Experience the Middle Age, the Reformation and the Counter-reformation in Ribe - the oldest town of Denmark. http://www.danhostel-ribe.dk/index.php?id=87
- "Black Sun." Visit Ribe in Spring and Autumn - huge numbers of starlings land in the marshes at the Wadden Sea. They are looking for daddy long legs and garden chafer grubs in the wet meadows. At such time you can observe a fascinating panorama called “Black Sun”. http://www.danhostel-ribe.dk/index.php?id=85
- Restaurant Sælhunden is a nice small place near the harbor, decently-priced.
- Danhostel Ribe Youth and Family Hostel.