Reykjahlíð is a town of about 300 people located on the northeastern shore of Mývatn in North Iceland.
- Play golf at Reykjahlið's 9 hole course.
- In the summer the locals often play football in the evening and usually welcome more people. Alcohol is often involved.
- See the lake from a plane. Visit Myflug  at Reykjahlið airport.
The supermarket next to the N1 station offers plenty of options for self-catering.
- Vogafjós Cowshed Café. Located just south of town, this unique cafe is located in the same building as a working dairy farm - a glass wall separates visitors from the cows. Arrive around 4PM if you're interested is watching the daily milking.
Hotels and guesthouses
- Eldá Guesthouse, Helluhraun 15, 660 Mývatn, ☎ +354 464 4220, . This guesthouse has been offering accommodation in the area for over 30 years.
- Helluhraun 13 Guesthouse, Helluhraun 13, 660 Mývatn, ☎ +354 464 4132, . Helluhraun 13 guesthouse offers three double rooms with breakfast in a very personal atmosphere.
- Hotel Reykjahlíð, Hotel Reykjahlíð, 660 Mývatn, ☎ +354 464 4142 ([email protected], fax: +354 464 4336), . A family-run hotel located just outside of town that includes a restaurant and tour operations. All rooms include private bath, breakfast, and free internet access. Single Room (2008 prices): 8200 ISK (low season) / 15200 (peak season).
- Hótel Reynihlíð, ☎ +354 464 4170 ([email protected], fax: +354 464 4371), . This four-star hotel has 41 rooms with private bath. The hotel also offers a restaurant, conference facilities, and includes buffet breakfast. Single Room (2008 prices): 10900 ISK (low season) / 17950 (peak season).
- Lúdent Guesthouse, Birkihraun 5, 660 Mývatn, ☎ +354 898 3328, . Lúdent guesthouse offers 6 double rooms in 2 apartments. Price: 18500 ISK.
- Hlíð Camp Site. Located uphill from the church, this campground offers basic sites and has a shower facility.
- Skútustaðir is the other town in the Mývatn area, located on the south side of the lake.