Remoulins is a town in Languedoc-Roussillon in France.
Remoulins has a train station. However, there are currently no passenger trains scheduled to stop there.
- Bus operated by Edgard  run from Avignon (route A15) and Nîmes (route B21) to Remoulins where it is a short walk to le Pont du Gard. A one-way ticket costs 1,50€ per person.
It is possible to buy a combined bus + Pont du Gard entry ticket  (allowing unlimited travel on Edgard bus routes A15, B21, E51 and E52 for a day) at a price of 10€ (1 person) or 20€ (family ticket for up to 5 people) at the tourism office in Nîmes and Pont du Gard or at the Edgard ticket office in the bus station.
Buses do not go to the visitor's centre despite the presence of a bus stop pole and Timetable (out of date)
- Car, A9 motorway, exit 23 at Remoulins, direction Uzès then follow the signs to the left or right bank. There are two car parks which open from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (5 € per day). There are 800 places on the left bank and 600 places on the right bank.
From the main road it is a short 5 minute walk to the visitor center of le Pont du Gard. The Aqueduct is a further 5 minute walk from here.
- Le Pont du Gard . A massive Roman aqueduct that was placed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1981. It was originally part of a 50km canal supplying fresh water to the Roman city of Nimes. The museum by the main car park explains beautifully how the Romans built the 50km canal, including the aqueduct, and how they used the water. Descriptions are in French and English and should interest visitors of all ages. There is a not-too-pricey restaurant by the side of the aqueduct.
Access to the bridge is no longer free - 10euro per car, or 15euro for a group of 2-5.
Cultural activities and shops:
Opening: from 9:00 or 09:30 to 17:30 or 19:00 depending on the season.
N.B.: the discovery areas are closed on Monday mornings.
- This is a popular place for Hikers and cyclists and is on several well marked trails. A booklet is available from the visitors center for €4 detailing trails around the bridge.
- Canoe France  offers the chance to canoe along the Gardon and under the bridge on several different trips.
- It is possible to swim in the water near the bridge, it is quite cold and very rocky so best be prepared with old shoes.
The Pont du Gard is the most visited antique site in France, with over one million visitors per year. It is, however, located in a fragile Mediterranean environment.
A few basic rules should therefore be observed, please:
take your waste away with you, do not pick any plants, stay on the marked paths, keep dogs on a lead.
It is also formally prohibited to light fires or to dive into the Gardon from the bridge.
Lots of shops around Remoulins and Pont du Gard.
Great Restaurants and Hotels
The only food can be bought at the visitors center
The only drinks can be bought at the visitors center
- Camping International: Des Gorges du Gardon, 30 210 Vers-Pont-du-Gard (By A9 freeway, exit REMOULINS direction UZES (D 981)), ☎ +33 4 66 22 81 81 ([email protected], fax: +33 4 66 22 90 12), . This is a well equipped campsite very near le Pont du Gard. €12.50-€18.50 depending on season. edit
It may be best to visit as a day trip from a base in Avignon or Nimes