Redmond  is a city in King County, Washington in the United States of America.
Redmond is famous for being home to Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft has a large presence over the area. It is also home to Nintendo of America along with numerous other companies. Redmond is the self-proclaimed biking capital of the country.
Fly into Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (airport code: SEA) and then it's only a short drive to Redmond (20 minutes). SeaTac airport as it is called by locals is located in the city of SeaTac, which is between Seattle and Tacoma.
Pick up a bike. The city has numerous trails. Just be careful as some end on extremely busy roads.
- Marymoor Park, . There are a number of things to do in its vast 640 acres. It lies along Lake Sammamish and the Sammamish River. There are sports fields, tennis courts, a climbing wall, a radio-controlled airplane field, a dog park, and the Velodrome, which is a bicycle racing track that connects with the Sammamish River Trail. There is a small parking fee for automoblies.
- Redmond's main shopping district is the Redmond Way/Cleveland Street corridor in downtown Redmond. It consists of a variety of small stores and a few strip malls.
- Redmond Town Center is an outdoor mall between downtown Redmond and Marymoor Park, with around 50 of the usual mall boutiques.
- Mayuri Indian Cuisine(425)641-4442, 15400 NE 20th St #6. Southern and Northern Indian food. One of the few restaurants in Washington that serves dosas. $8.95 lunch buffet daily ends at 2:30pm.
- Kanishka Indian Restaurant(425) 869-9182, 16101 Redmond Way Redmond, 98052. Great food. Daily Lunch Buffet $7.95 Lunch Hours: Mon-Fri: 11:00 am- 3:00 pm Sat-Sun: 11:30am to 3:00 pm. Visit its website at http://www.kanishkaofredmond.com/kanishka/default.asp for more information.
- Redmond Marriott Town Center, 7401 164th Avenue NE, ☎ +1 425 498-4000 (fax: +1 425 556-1231), .
- Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond, 7575 164th Ave. N.E., ☎ +1 425 497-9226 (toll free: +1 800 331-3131, fax: +1 425 497-1909), .
- Seattle is right across Lake Washington, about a 10-15 minute drive (barring rush hour traffic). Interstate 90 (I90) and State Route 520 (SR-520) both have bridges that cross Lake Washington and connect the East Side (Redmond, Bellevue, etc) to Seattle. Rush hour traffic can increase travel time between the East Side and Seattle to approximately 30-40 minutes - go at off-peak hours!