Redmond  is a city in King County, Washington in the United States of America.
Redmond is famous for being home to Microsoft Corporation and it has a large presence over the area. It is also home to Nintendo of America along with numerous other companies. It is the self-proclaimed biking capital of the country.
Fly into Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (airport code: SEA) and then it's only a short drive to Redmond (30 min). SeaTac airport as it is called by locals is located in the city of SeaTac, which is between Seattle and Tacoma.
Pick up a bike. The city has numerous trails and the only velodrome in the state of Washington (at Marymoor Park). Just be careful as some trails end on extremely busy roads. King County has great information on biking paths and trails - see here.
- Microsoft's campus. The majority of the campus is comprised of office buildings closed to the public, but there is a recently renovated Visitor's Center (formerly the Microsoft Museum):
- Marymoor Park, . There are a number of things to do in its vast 640 acres (259 ha). It lies along Lake Sammamish and the Sammamish River. There are sports fields, tennis courts, a climbing wall, a radio-controlled airplane field, a dog park, and the Velodrome, which is a bicycle racing track that connects with the Sammamish River Trail. Parking is $1/day per vehicle.
- Redmond Town Center Shopping galore in the heart of Redmond. The predominately outdoor mall is a host to a variety of stores ranging from "Mom and Pop" to large franchise (Macy's and Eddie Bauer to name a couple). Stop by Borders for a cup of coffee and a book, then head to the other side of the Town Center to catch a latest release at the AMC movie theater (Note the AMC is now out of business and has been replaced by the more expensive Gold Class Cinemas).
- Sixty Acre Park, at Willow and 116th Sts, has soccer fields and Radio Controlled airplane field, for primarily electric powered aircraft and gliders.
- Redmond's main shopping district is the Redmond Way/Cleveland Street corridor in downtown Redmond. It consists of a variety of small stores and a few strip malls.
- Redmond Town Center is an outdoor mall between downtown Redmond and Marymoor Park, with around 50 of the usual mall boutiques.
- Redmond Farmer's Market, 7730 Leary Way. Starting in May, every Saturday the farmer's market operates from 9AM-3PM. You'll find a wide variety of products that are grown or crafted within the state.
- Tree Top Toys is a great independent toy store.
- If you're looking for local chocolates to sample, Brugge Chocolates is well worth a visit.
- iPic Theater now occupies the space where Gold Class Cinemas was located. IPic theaters still have the same concept of a nice inclusive theater, complete with a bar, food and plush chairs to view your movie. Tickets sold online.
- Mayuri Indian Cuisine (425)641-4442, 15400 NE 20th St #6. Southern and Northern Indian food. One of the few restaurants in Washington that serves dosas. $8.95 lunch buffet daily ends at 2:30PM.
- Kanishka Indian Restaurant, +1 425 869-9182, 16101 Redmond Way. Great food. Daily lunch buffet $7.95. M-F 11AM-3PM, Sa Su 11:30AM-PM.
- Frankie's, 16630 Redmond Way, +1 425 883-8407. Walking distance from the Town Center. Frankie's is a quaint Italian family restaurant with award winning flavor. Pizza: $12+, Pasta: $9+
Matador Tequila Bar, +1 425 883-2855. Corner of Leary Way NE and Cleveland St. in old town Redmond is a trendy tex-mex style bar. Get there early on Friday and Saturday night as seating past 7PM is difficult. 11AM-2AM daily .
- Seattle Marriott Redmond, 7401 164th Ave NE, ☎ +1 425-498-4000 (fax: +1 425-556-1231), . edit
- Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond, 7575 164th Ave NE, ☎ +1 425 497-9226 (toll free: +1 800 331-3131, fax: +1 425 497-1909), . edit
- Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, 14615 NE 29th Place · Bellevue, Washington 98007, . checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 12:00pm. edit
- Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond, 7575 164th Ave. N.E., ☎ 425-497-9226, . The newly renovated Residence Inn Seattle East Redmond Hotel offers a refreshing stay in the heart of the city. We are minutes away from Microsoft Headquarters, the Space Needle, museums, beautiful Marymoor Park on the shores of Lake Sammamish and right across the street from the Redmond Town Center Mall. Enjoy a new, modern lobby designed with a variety of comfortable spaces, making it easy to hold impromptu meetings, connect with our free Wi-Fi, and refuel with refreshments from The Market. The spacious guest suites at this extended stay hotel in Redmond, WA have also been enhanced to better meet your needs. A new comfortable sofa, an ergonomic desk, updated bathrooms and contemporary color schemes balance the suite’s separate spaces for eating, sleeping and working, along with a fully equipped kitchen. Enjoy a complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet and a Wednesday night Social Hour, which includes free dinner and beverages. Enjoy comfort that feels like home at our Residence Inn Seattle Redmond hotel. edit
- Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, 15785 Bear Creek Pkwy NE, ☎ (425) 497-2000, . Hotel located near Seattle and the heart of Redmond, offering larger rooms, free hot breakfast, and extended stay amenities. edit
- Seattle is right across Lake Washington, about a 10-15-min drive (barring rush hour traffic). I-90 and State Route 520 (SR-520) both have bridges that cross Lake Washington and connect the East Side (Redmond, Bellevue, etc) to Seattle. Rush hour traffic can increase travel time between the East Side and Seattle to approximately 30-40 min - go at off-peak hours!