Red River is a small ski resort town in North Central New Mexico.
Red River lies on the Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway (NM-38) between Questa and Eagle Nest. It is approximately equidistant from Taos in either direction, with Taos across the circle to the southwest.
- Capo's Corner, 110 Pioneer Rd, ☎ (575) 754-6297. Italian restaurant with indoor or patio seating next to the river. Pasta dishes tend to be a bit too al dente for some tastes, but the pizzas are excellent.
- Old Timers Cafe, 210 E Main St, ☎ (575) 754-2951. Chicken-fried steak, roast beef sandwiches and pizzas.
- Shotgun Willie's, 403 W Main St, ☎ (575) 754-6505. The atmosphere is really nothing more than a shack, and the food is served on paper plates with plastic utensils, but this place offers good value for decent hamburgers and good barbecue.
- Sundance Mexican Restaurant, 401 E High, ☎ (575) 754-2971. This popular restaurant is one of the only places to get decent Mexican (not New Mexican) food in the area. Reservations are recommended if you plan to go between 5pm and 7pm.
- Texas Reds Steakhouse & Saloon, 105 E Main St, ☎ (575) 754-2922. This long-time Red River establishment serves thick steaks and hefty burgers in a casual saloon atmosphere with peanut shells all over the floor. Has the kind of schlocky "ambience" you'd expect from a less-than-famous ski-resort restaurant, but the steaks are good. Dinner 7 days, but may be closed for a while in the spring after the skiing has stopped. Try the buffalo burger.
- Golden Eagle Lodge, 800 621 4046.
- The Lodge at Red River, 400 East Main St., 800 915 6343, .