Red Deer  is a city in Canada located between the cities of Calgary and Edmonton. It is the third largest city in Alberta next to Calgary and Edmonton with a population of 85,705 (2007).
- Use the The Queen Elizabeth II highway (formerly Highway 2) from Edmonton or Calgary. About 1 hour and 20 min drive from either Edmonton or Calgary main airports.
- Some limited direct flights into Red Deer Regional Airport. You probably would need to change flights in Calgary or Edmonton. http://www.reddeerregionalairport.com/cms/
- A new shuttle service is offering door to door service to/from Calgary or Edmonton. http://www.bookashuttle.com/default.html
- GreyHound offers service with discounts for Hostelling International. Aprox. Rate: $30. Arrival point is Greyhound Port o Call (Downtown).
- Red Arrow offers direct service from Edmonton or Calgary. Aprox. Rate: $44. Arrival point is Holiday Inn (North West).
The Bus is the only form of public transportation and is a good way of getting around the city.
A couple of taxi companies (Alberta Gold and Associated Cab) operate in the city. They can get busy during rush hours or Friday nights, but are usually fast.
- Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, #30 Riverview Park, 341-8614, . Over 6,000 square feet with more than 7,000 artifacts of Alberta sports history. Other features are the interactive hockey rink, baseball pitching field, and alpine skiing machine.
- Kerry Wood Nature Centre and Gaetz Lakes Sanctuary, 6300 45 Avenue, 346-2010, fax 347-2550, . A nearly 300 acre federally protected migratory bird sanctuary with five kilometers of trails, a bird blind and viewing decks. No skiing, jogging, pets or cycling are permitted in the Sanctuary.
- Historic Fort Normandeau, . Located five minutes west of Red Deer. Open May 22 - June, Noon - 5PM. June 30 - August31, Noon - 8PM.
- Red Deer & District Museum and Archives, 4525-47a Avenue, 309-8405.
- Go biking in Red Deer Mountain Bike Park. The park is located at the north end of Red Deer, east of Gaetz Avenue and west of Riverside Drive between 77 Street and Chiles Industrial Park. Featuring a large number of cross country trails as well as trails designed for stunts.
- Horseback riding at Heritage Ranch, 25 Riverview Park, 347-4977, fax 347-7794, . Park of the Waskasoo Park system, Heritage Ranch's equestrian center is open year round, offering horse drawn wagon rides, trail rides, and pony rides. There is also a coffee shop on site.
- Cross Country skiing. Throughout the town are cross country trails, including around Heritage Ranch, Great Chief Park and Red Deer College. Riverbend also has a large set of trails, but a ski pass is required - call 343-8311 to obtain a daily or season pass.
- Ice skating at Bowers Pond. Located within Great Chief Park.
- Canoeing the local rivers. With plenty of launch/recovery sites near the city, you can go for a trip along the Blindman or Red Deer rivers.
- Bower Place Mall.
- Parkland Mall.
- Southpointe Common.
- Gasoline Alley.
As the hub of Central Alberta, Red Deer has a lot of great places to eat. Try search engines, yellow pages, or food review sites for more.
- Albert's Family Restaurant, 5020-47 Avenue. (also pretty fun to drink at.. kind of a banger/old timer atmosphere. $1 draft and free pool on Sundays.)
- Blue Dragon, a little hidden away in an industrial area, but it's well worth the hunt to find it. It offers authentic Cambodian cuisine. Many dishes are spicy so be sure to ask to make them mild. Great food. Good price.
- Cafe Noble & Bakery, 5005-50 Avenue.
- China Ben, 7464 50 Avenue, Red Deer, AB (403) 343-2760. Good Chinese food, good buffet, fast delivery, always a coupon on the menu.
- Dino's Family Restaurant, 4617 Gaetz Avenue. Awesome pizza and pasta. 2 for 1. Located downtown on the same block as lotus nightclub and both strip clubs; xstatic and gent's club.
- Hickory Smokehouse, 4909-48 Street.
- Las Palmeros, a very popular Mexican restaurant.
- Le Chateau Restaurant, 5212-48 Street. Chinese food
- Mia's Cafe, 4929 Ross Streeyet.
- Momo Sushi, near the city hall, library, and bus station. Very good sushi and good price. Best quality sushi in town. If you get one of the combination specials, good value too.
- New Year Restaurant, 6712 50 Avenue, Red Deer, AB T4N 4E1 (403) 346-2202. Very good chinese food.
- Ngoc linh Vietnamese, Gaetz Ave and 68 Street. Best Vietnamese in Red Deer. Closed Sunday.
- Noodle House Vietnamese & Chinese, 4815-48 Avenue.
- Original Joe's Restaurant & Bar, 4720-51 Avenue. Fun to eat dinner and have drinks. Downtown near the clubs. Patio.
- Pho Thuy Duong (The Vietnamese Restaurant), 4 - 5108 52 Street, ☎ +1.403.343.2720. This attractive restaurant occupies two rooms in a strip mall just off the downtown center. It serves popular Vietnamese dishes like pho (large bowls of soup) and bowls of cold vermicelli noodles topped with meats and vegetables. Service is friendly and professional, the food appears quickly (even at lunch), and prices are pretty good ($6 - $9 per dish). edit
- Pita Pit, 5111-49 Street.
- Pizza 73, 4912-43 Street.
- Red Deer Buffet, offers a good selection of Chinese and Western food on their lunch and dinner buffet.
- Saro's Greek Restaurant, 4914-52 Street.
- Shiso Japanese Restaurant on Gaetz near downtown offers really good lunch buffet on weekends. Decent sushi at great price. Usually there are long line-ups on weekends if you get there later than 12:30 or so. If you can't wait, there's a Chinese dim-sung restaurant next door with fairly authentic good food, and a lounge offering Western food.
- Stella's Riverside Cafe, 5012-58 Street.
- Sushi Sushi, 4909-49 Street. OK sushi. OK price. Better places out there.
- Tim Hortons — Eight locations throughout the city. Two of these (4217-50 Avenue and 6721 Gaetz Avenue) are open 24 hours.
- Velvet Olive, 4924 Ross Street. Tiny venue for misc artists as well.
- Village Mall. edit
- City Roast Coffee, 4940 Ross Street.
Bed and Breakfast
- Apples and Angels Bed & Breakfast, 288 Lampard Crescent, 346-9394, (877) 346-9399, fax 346-9328, .
- Betty's Bed & Breakfast, R.R. 1, 347-2465, fax 347-2772, .
- Country Mouse Tea House and B & B, RR 2, 347-0551. .
- Dutchess Manor Spa & Guesthouse, 4813 54 Street, 346-7776, .
- La Solitude B & B, R.R. # 4, 340-0031, fax 347-3077, .
- McIntosh Bed & Breakfast, 4631 50 Street, 346-1622, 
- Poplar Ridge Bed & Breakfast, R.R. 1, Site 2, Box 47, 347-1188, .
- Rolyn Hills B & B and Guest Ranch, RR 2, 342-5843, fax 347-0206, .
- Springbett Bed and Breakfast, 4445 Springbett Drive, 347-3610, .
- Fawn Meadows Bed & Breakfast, Cabins & RV Park, 2201 - 18 Avenue, Delburne 877-742-2875, .
Hotels & Motels
- Red Deer Stanford Hotel, 4707 50 Street, 403-347-5551, .
- Aladdin Motor Inn, 7444 50 Avenue, 343-2711, .
- Best Western Inn & Suites, 6839 66 Street, 346-3555, (866) 366-3555, .
- Black Knight Inn, 2929 50 Avenue, 343-6666, (800) 661-8793, .
- Capri Hotel Trade & Convention Centre, 3310 50 Avenue, 346-2091, (800) 662-7197, .
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 6846 67 Street, 348-0025, (866) 348-0025, .
- Days Inn, 1000, 5001 19 Street, 340-3297, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 2803 50 Avenue, 343-2112, .
- North Hill Inn, 7150 50 Avenue, 343-8800, .
- Red Deer Lodge, 4311 49th Avenue, 346-8841, (800) 661-1657, .
- Red Deer Ramada, 4217 50 Avenue, 358-7722, .
- Red Deer Travellers Inn, 4124 50 Avenue, 342-6969.
- Super 8 Motel, 7474 50 Avenue, 343-1102, (800) 800-8000, 
- Hampton Inn Red Deer, 128 Leva Avenue, 403-346-6688, 
- Sandman Hotel Red Deer, 2818 Gaetz Avenue, 403-343-7400, 
The Red Deer area code is 403.
Use the The Queen Elizabeth II highway (formerly Highway 2) from Edmonton or Calgary.