| || |
|−|==Information References== | |
|−|*[http://www.puertoprincesaresorts.com/ Puerto Princesa Resorts]. | |
|−|*[http://www.puertoprincesaphilippines.com/ Puerto Princesa Philippines]. | |
| || |
Revision as of 15:47, 2 February 2009
Puerto Princesa City is the capital of the island province of Palawan. The city has been acclaimed several times as the cleanest and greenest city in the Philippines. With a wide range of attractions ranging from beaches to wildlife reserves, Puerto Princesa is a nature lover's paradise.
Puerto Princesa is slightly more than an hour away by plane from Manila. Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and Air Philippines all have daily flights from Manila to Puerto Princesa. Air Philippines also operates flights to and from Puerto Princesa to other major cities such as Davao and Cebu City. SEAIR offers flights from Busuanga Tu/F/Su and El Nido on Tu/F.
WG&A Superferry and Negros Navigation both have a weekly ferry to Puerto Princesa from Manila. The ferry trip is about 22 hours long.
Milagrosa Shipping has a weekly ferry that sails between Puerto Princesa - Cuyo Islands - Iloilo. It departs Iloilo at 7pm on Thursday, arrives at the Cuyo Islands at 8am Friday, departs Cuyo Islands 3pm Friday and arrives in Puerto Princesa at 8am on Saturday.
Jeepneys and tricycles are the most common means to get around Puerto Princesa. As in Manila, jeepneys usually have standard routes which they ply. Tricycles on the other hand are fairly limited to certain areas and would not be able to go very long distances.
Note: The bus terminal is located a few Km outside the city centre. A tricycle from the station to the town centre should cost around 50P
For touring, it would possibly be a good idea to arrange special transport whether it be a jeepney or, for more comfort, air-conditioned vans or AUVs. This way, you will not be subject to the hassles of public transport availability.
- Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park - more commonly known as the Underground River. At over 8 kilometers in length, is reputably the longest underground river in the world. With its crystalline waters and spectacular cave formations, the Underground River is possibly Puerto Princesa's most popular attraction. The site was also declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1999. The winding path of the river is navigable via small pumpboats that depart from Sabang Beach. Travel time from the city proper to Sabang is about 1.5 hours.
- Honda Bay - consisting of several islets with beautiful beaches, Honda Bay is the place to go to for swimming, snorkeling as well as beach and island hopping. Accessible via the Sta. Lourdes wharf which is 25 minutes away from the city. Pumpboats at the wharf can be hired to take visitors to the various islets on the bay.
- Iwahig Penal Colony - a good example of a true correctional institute, the Iwahig Penal Colony is more of a farming community rather than a prison. Inmates often live with their families and are allowed to toil their farms to earn a living. Carving out handicrafts is also a common preoccupation and mahogany handcarvings are a good buy for tourists. The colony is about 35 minutes from the city center.
- Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center - formerly known as the Crocodile Farming Institute, is both a tourist attraction and a research institute devoted to crocodiles. About 30 to 40 minutes from the city center, the Crocodile Farm also has a mini-zoo, which features some of Palawan's endemic species of wildlife.
- Our Lady of Immaculate Conception. A very beautiful church that is decorated in blue and white.
Buy native products at the
Tourism Association of Souvenir Shops, they offer handicrafts made by the native tribes like manunggul or wooden jar, bulol or tisot, good harvest and carved animals. Others are tingkop (rice baskets), fish baskets, bags made from bark of a tree, native accessories, weave curtains and table mat, rattan floor mat and other assorted cashew nut delicacies.
- Kalui 369 Rizal Avenue, Tel. 933 2580. Opens at 6pm for dinner, closed some holidays. Amazing food and ambiance. Can get quite busy so a reservation can't hurt. Seafood is the specialty and the daily seafood special for two is P310.
- Ditchay's Manalo Ext. Cor PEO Road, Bancao Bancao . Tel. 723 1530. Open 5:00 pm to 12 mn , Wednesday to Sundays
Intimate ambience, food, wine, coffee & tea, no beer ! ....." paté rillettes confit soupes salades tapenades grillades fruits de mer porc boeuf poulet canard crépes patisserie etc "
Puerto Princesa has a wide range of accommodations that suit every budget; from quaint lodges to high-end hotels and resorts, the jewel of Palawan does not fail to disappoint, offering quality hotels and resorts to suit any mood.
- D' Lucky Garden Inn, Apartelle & Suites- PALAWAN, PEO Road, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan 5300 Philippines, ☎ +(6348)4336576 or 4332719 ([email protected], fax: +(6348)4337869), . If you long for affordable accommodations, superior cleanliness and a quiet, traditional guest house atmosphere, D' Lucky Garden Inn and Suites awaits your arrival. Quietly nestled at the heart of Palawan's Tropical Paradise, Puerto Princesa City, D' Lucky Garden Inn and Suites is a quiet, tropical coastal retreat for breezy, sun washed mornings, and unstructured, unhurried afternoons, an escape that will delight you with its unique charm, tranquil gardens and friendly atmosphere. Complimentary shuttles to and from the airport are available.
- Dos Palmas Arreceffi Island Resort, Honda Bay, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan 5300 Philippines, ☎ +(6348)434-3118 (fax: +(6348)434-3119), . High end beach resort that offers quiet seclusion while at the same time possessing modern amenities for those with more active pursuits.
- Asturias Hotel, South National Highway, Tiniguiban, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan 5300 Philippines, ☎ +(6348)4339744 (fax: +(6348)4343750), . The Asturias Hotel is a 60-room hotel in Puerto Princesa that locals regularly recommend for its comfortable guest rooms and friendly service. In addition to its complete mix of amenities, the Asturias' suite of tourist services will ensure you get the best of the sights and sounds of Puerto Princesa. Best rates on official website start at US$50.
- The Legend Hotel Palawan, Malvar Street, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan 5300 Philippines, ☎ +(6348)434-4270, 433-9076 to 80 (fax: +(6348)433-9077), . Perhaps the most modern hotel in Puerto Princesa offering a wide range of facilities and services. They also offer excursion packages to the various attractions of Puerto Princesa.
- Puerto Pension, 35 Malvar St, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan 5300 Philippines, ☎ 433-2969 & 433-4149 (fax: (63)(48)433-4148), . Beautiful rooms and free continental breakfast in the rooftop Tribu Restaurant. The food is not very good but the view is beautiful.
- Hibiscus Garden Inn, Manolo Extension (Puerto Princesa City, Palawan), ☎ +(6348)4341273, . Total luxury, quiet prices, nestled in a garden . A warm welcome awaits you amidst a colorful array of flowering hibiscus; relax with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee under the shade of a mango tree. Hibiscus Garden Inn is a boutique hotel with 14 spacious rooms designed for total comfort. Possibely the best available prices in Puerto Princesa for the quality and services offered. web site www.puertoprincesahotel.com
- One Rover's Place, ☎ +6348 4341338, . One Rover's Place is just 5 minutes from the airport. While, staying here, you might want to visit some of these near places: Honda Bay, Dos Palmas, and Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. They have 18 air-conditioned rooms. 355 Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines Lowest Rate at PHP 950.00++.