Puerto Iguazu is a tourist city in the Northeast of Argentina at the Triborder with Paraguay and Brazil. It mainly serves the needs of the tourists visiting the Iguaçu Falls close-by.
- '"Martignoni Pizza Parlor"', Av. Paraná, 3535 (Downtown Center), Telephone: +55 045 522-2706. Tu-Su 7 PM-12AM. Pizza de rodizio: the waiters bring around a selection of meats, pastas, and (the main attraction) pizza. A nice atmosphere with an excellent variety of pizzas, including some with fruit, chocolate, and ice cream. But before dessert, try the catupiry and the tomate seco. R13.50.
- 'La Rueda', Av. Cordoba (Puerto Iguazu)
Excellent food, and probably the nicest restaurant in Puerto Iguazu esthetically. The Pollo al Diablo (Chicken Devil's Style) is delicious. English is spoken, great for lousy spanish speakers like myself.
- La Barranca, nice place near both rivers and the Three Frontiers Landmark (Marco das três fronteira), nice people and live music at weekends.
- Hostel Inn Iguazu, Ruta 12 Km 5, Puerto Iguazu, ++54-3757-421823, . Dorms 11 US$ (members). Best hostel in Puerto Iguazu. Hostel Inn has a pool and tiki bar, air-conditioned rooms, a young, partying crowd, nightly events, daily sports games, free internet, free breakfast, bar and restaurant. You can get there by taking the bus that goes to the falls (leaving from the terminal).
- Pousada Timbó, Av. Misiones 147, Puerto Iguazu (5 min. walk down Av. Misiones from the bus terminal.), ☎ ++54 3757 422 698, . Good and centrally located hostel with dorms on the rather big side - number of beds as well as space. Free internet, welcoming, breakfast included. 10 US$.
- El Viejo Americano, Ruta 12 Km 5, Puerto Iguazu, (03757) 420 190,. Very cheap and great for camping. There are also bungalows and normal rooms. You can get there by taking the bus that goes to the falls (leaving from the terminal). There are pools, a restaurant, convenience store and soccer fields, which are all very well maintained. Many fire pits for barbecues and other niceties. Bugs galore so bring plenty of repellent.
- Hostel El Güembé . El Urú 120, Puerto Iguazú. 03757-421035. ([email protected]). Small, friendly and relaxed hostel, offering both shared and private rooms. In a very nice, tranquil and green part of town, only 5 min. from the bus terminal.
- Hostería Los Helechos, Paulino Amarante 76, Puerto Iguazú. 03757-420338, . Excellent and comfortable hostel. Very centrally located, just two blocks from the bus station. Lots of facilities including swimming pool.
- Hotel Tierra Colorada, El Urú 28, Puerto Iguazú. 03757-420649. Pleasant and friendly small hotel, comfortable rooms.
- Residencial Uno, Fray Luis Beltrán 116, Puerto Iguazú. 03757-420529. ([email protected]). Warm and comfortable guest house in the heart of Puerto Iguazú. It offers private rooms, free internet access & wi-fi area, swimming pool, air conditioner, BBQ area, Cable TV & DVD lounge, among others services. Two blocks from the bus station and less than 5 minutes from downtown.
- You can visit the Itaipu Dam - one of the largest dams and the biggest hydroelectric powerplant in the world on either the Paraguayan side (Ciudad del Este) or the Brazilian side (Foz do Iguaçu).
- On the way to Posadas the red sandstone ruins of the Jesuit mission of San Ignacio Mini are well worth a visit.