Revision as of 18:47, 13 October 2008
The Prairies and Lakes Region is located in the north central part of Texas. It is home to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, the fifth largest metropolitan area in the United States. This region also has a beautiful countryside with ranches, "bed and breakfasts", and many recreational lakes. Whether you're looking for the excitement of a big town (shopping, dining, nightlife), or for a more leisurely time in the rural areas, you'll find it here in the Prairies and Lakes Region.
The Prairies and Lakes region of Texas is divided into 3 bands which run roughly northeast to southwest, plus the metropolitan area of Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Addison - Over 170 restaurants in 4 square miles (10sqkm).
- Arlington - Amusement parks and the Texas Rangers. "Fun Central"
- Bryan-College Station - Brazos Valley. Home to Texas A&M University.
- Denton - University town with a vibrant music scene and easy access to the Texas Motor Speedway.
- Dallas - The Arts, the dining, the nightlife… Dallas has it all.
- Fort Worth - "Where the West begins".
- Irving - Home of the Las Colinas Urban Development Center, and (until 2009) the Dallas Cowboys.
- Mesquite - The Mesquite Championship Rodeo.
- Waco - Cattle, cotton, corn, collegians, and culture.
- Dinosaur Velley State Park
- Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge