The East of Prague is on the east side of the Vlatava River beside the Old Town and New Town districts. It consists of the numbered districts of Praha 3, Praha 10, Praha 11 and Praha 12.
- Žižkov Television Tower, Mahlerovy sady 1, Praha 3, tel. +42/0 267 005 778, [email protected], . Open 10AM-11PM every day. Famously built by the communists in order to jam foreign radio signals the most hideous building in Prague offers spectacular views of the city. The cafe at the top is a great place to grab a coffee and enjoy the view. Lookout for the giant metallic alien babies that have been added to the tower. Admission is 150Kč for adults and 120Kč/60Kč for students/children under 14.
- Palác Akropolis, Kubelíkova 27, Praha 3, tel. +42/0 296 330 911, fax. +42 296 330 912, [email protected], . An alternative club that often hosts international rock acts.
- Hostel Elf, Husitska 11, Zizkov, Prague 3, tel. +42/0 222 540 963, [email protected], . Smokey common area, free internet and wacky rooms. The train station is a long walk but it's doable. Breakfast and free tea and coffee all day are included. Dorms start from 260Kč (more for smaller dorms) and singles/doubles/triples are 550/380/350 per person. Rooms with private shower are available also. Add 20% during peak season.
- Clown and Bard Hostel, Borivojova 102, Zizkov, Prague 3, tel. +42/0 222 716 453, [email protected], . The C&B is a short tram ride from the main station and only 15 minutes walk from Old Town. With a lively vibe and a bar in the basement there's always something going on at the hostel too, though it's not the cleanest or newest in town. Free breakfast and internet is available for all guests and rooms in the very large dorm start at 300Kč. For those who want a little privacy, five bed dorms, six bed privates and doubles are available for 380czk, 400Kč and 500Kč respectively.
- Hostel Olet Prague, Havlíckovo nám 10, Praha 3, +42/0 222 781 340, [email protected], . Olet has English speaking staff, a bar downstairs and an internet cafe next door. A kitchen, car parking and bike rental are available for guests. However, you must check in before 11.30am or your reservation will be cancelled. Special arrangements may be possible. No curfew or lockout. Dorms 300Kč, Quads/Triples 350Kč. Save 20Kč if you don't have breakfast.
- Apartment Flora, cnr. Chrudimska Street & Baranova Street, tel +42/0 602 328 737, fax. +42/0 281 914 971, [email protected], . These three basic apartments close to metro stations are available for €28 per night for two persons. The apartments are capable of sleeping up to approximately 8 people (for short term stays) for an extra cost of €14 per person per night (€7 for children under 12). Discounts for longer term stays. Each apartment has a PC with dialup internet access (€3 per hour). You will need to book in advance as there is no reception. On arrival you will be met in the apartment.