Portorož/Portorose is an Adriatic coastal town in the Municipality of Piran/Pirano in south-western Slovenia. Its modern development began in the late 19th century with appearance of first health resorts. In the early 20th century it became one of the grandest seaside resorts in Central Europe, along with Opatija/Abbazia, Lido and Grado, then as part of the Austrian Littoral. Part of Italy from 1918 and 1947, it is now one of the country's major tourist areas. Located in the centre is the Hotel Palace, once one of the most important resorts for the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, and currently one of the finest hotels between Venice and Dubrovnik.
Portorož has a small international airport , but it is used only by charter flights and general aviation. Trieste (Trst) in Italy is about 30 minutes away, while the distance to the Slovenian capital Ljubljana is about 1-1.5 hours.
All buses to or from Piran stop in Portorož along the way.
Terme & Wellness LifeClass Portoroz  features thermal, medical and wellness offer. The spa is unique thanks to use of five local natural factors: salt pan mud - fango, brine - Aqua Madre, climate, sea and thermomineral water. Pamper yourself in 7 different wellness centres on more than 10.000 m2.
- Kempinski Palace, . Five star hotel built in 1910 and reopened in 2008. A tourist attraction by itself. edit
- Hostel Beli Kriz, ☎ +386 40 752660. Apartment Hostel Beli Križ is a warm and friendly apartment that welcomes travellers, families and groups from all over the world. Guests can relax in the chill out air-conditioned apartment, with cable TV, kitchen, private bathroom or relax and grill in our outdoor terrace equipped with grill, comfy outdoor chairs and hammocks. Fully equipped and air-conditioned apartment offers an unforgettable vacation in the beautiful location in Portoroz. 18-25 EUR. edit
- Youth Hostel Piran, Vodopivceva 9, ☎ '''+386 40-752660''' ([email protected]), . checkin: after 13h; checkout: 10h. Situated on a pedestrian area, right in the heart of the old part of town. Double, triple and four bed rooms, free WI-FI, kitchen, located 50m from Tartini square. €17-25. edit
- Hostel Pirano, Alma Vivoda 3 (100m from the main bus station), ☎ '''+386 31-627647''' ([email protected]). checkin: after 14h; checkout: 10h. Located in the historic part of Piran just 300 metres from the central Tartini Square. Double, four and six bed rooms, free WI-FI, located in the center, 30m from the sea, 20m from the market. €17-25. edit
- Sobe Koblar (Rooms Koblar), Seča 189A , 6320 Portorož , Slovenia, . checkin: 14h-19h; checkout: 11h. A 15-20 min walk away from downtown Portorož, friendly and helpful staff. Courtyard and patios in some rooms offer nice views of the countryside. Away from the somewhat crowded "downtown" area. 35-80€. (+45° 30′ 5.14″,+13° 36′ 29.14″) edit