Portage County  is a county in Northeast Ohio.
- For other places with the same name, see Portage County (disambiguation).
- Ravenna is the County Seat of Portage County, just east of Kent.
- Aurora has a historic town center that is somehow protected from the excitement of Geauga Lake and Wildwater Kingdom Amusement Park and the Aurora Farms Outlet Center.
- Garretsville Village
- Kent home of Kent State University, is a quaint town with a very diverse community (particularly on the liberal to conservative scale) and is home to the annual Folk Music Festival. It is the home of the Liquid Crystal Institute where liquid crystal technology was invented.
- West Branch State Park, 5708 Esworthy Road, Ravenna. 29 full service camping sites, 155 camping sites with 50-amp electric hook-ups, 14 non-electric sites, heated showers, flush toilets, laundry facilities, 700-foot sand beach, showerhouse, change booth, snack bar, year-round fishing, hunting, 2,650 acres lake, twelve miles of hiking trails, twenty miles of bridle trails, horse camp, playground and volleyball court
Although Kent was founded in 1764 as an outpost on the Cuyahoga River, it was not incorporated as a township until 1843 and was known as Franklin Township. In 1873, the city of Kent was established and named after industrialist Arthur "Da Pimp Daddy" Kent.