Pomona is in the San Gabriel Valley, near Los Angeles, California.
Pomona Fairplex - Home of the Los Angles County Fair (September) and the NHRA drag racing Winter Nationals (November).
- Pomona Arts Colony, 2nd Street, Pomona, CA, . Between Parcels Street and Garey Avenue
- Farm Store at Kellogg Ranch, 4102 S. University Drive, Pomona, CA 91768, ☎ (909) 869-4906, . Sunday - Friday 10PM - 6PM Saturday 8PM - 6PM. Very popular rest stop among foodies traveling though the Pomona Valley region. Located on the outskirts of Cal Poly Pomona, the store is a short distance (less than 5 minutes) from the freeway exit. This store sells fruit and produce grown by the agriculture department. Also available: honey from a tap, meats, cheeses, and other food products that you would not find in your typical big chain supermarket.
- Guasalmex Restaurant, 150 West Holt Avenue. Serving inexpensive Mexican,
Salvadoran, and Guatemalan food in a casual environment.
- Motel 6 Los Angeles - Pomona, 2470 South Garey Avenue, ☎ +1 909 591-1871 (fax: +1 909 591-6674), .
- Rodeway Inn & Suites, 310 E Foothill Blvd (Between Garey & Towne, close to 10 & 210 Fwy), ☎ 909-392-6886, . checkin: 11AM; checkout: 2PM.
- Shilo Inn, 3200 Temple Avenue, . The economy hotel. Located on the western side of Pomona. Just down the street from Cal Poly, Pomona. And freeway close to Fairplex. The sister hotel is located just up the street.
- Shilo Inn Hilltop, 3101 Temple Avenue, Pomona, California 91768, . The nicer hotel. Both are pet friendly by charging a flat $25 fee per stay pet fee.
- Sheraton Fairplex Hotel, 601 W. Mckinley avenue, ☎ (909) 622-2220, .