The Pokolbin district, in the Lower Hunter Valley in New South Wales, is one of Australia's premier wine regions. Viticulture in the region has a long history, the first vineyards being established in the 1850's.
- The Mill Restaurant. Tuscany Wine Estate, Cnr Hermatidge Rd & Mistletoe Lane 02 4998 7288 (fax 02 4998 7277) 
- Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard DeBeyers Rd, 02 4998 7411. M-F, 9.30am - 5pm. Widely regarded as the first vineyard in the Pokolbin district.
- Bimbadgen Estate McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin, 02 4998 7585.
- Brokenwood Wines 401- 427 McDonalds Road, 02 499 87559, (fax: 02 499 87893). 
- Hermitage Road Cellars at Hunter Resort 02 4998 7777. Daily tours at 9am, 11am & 2pm (booking required).
- McGuigan Cellars McDonalds Rd, 02 4998 7402. The McGuigan's complex houses McGuigan Fine Wines, the Hunter Valley Cheese Company and the Chocolate and Fudge Shop.
- Lindemans Ben Ean McDonalds Rd, 02 4998 7684. Open for tastings M-F 10am - 5pm, closed Christmas Day, Good Friday and New Years Day.
- McWilliams Mount Pleasant Estate Marrowbone Road, 02 4998 7505. Established in 1921, McWilliams is the largest Australian family owned wine company in the country. Open 7 days 10am - 4.30pm. Guided tours $2.20/person.
- Pepper Tree Wines Halls Road, 02 4998 7539. The tasting room is surrounded by beautiful grounds and gardens. A good place to follow up wine tasting with a picnic. Open M-F 9am - 5pm, Sa & Su 9.30am - 5pm.
- Pokolbin Estate McDonalds Rd, 02 4998 7524). Open 7 days 10am - 6pm.
- Reg Drayton Wines corner of McDonalds Rd & Pokolbin Mountain Rd, 02 4998 7523. Established 140 years ago, Draytons is family owned and operated.
- Rothbury Estate Broke Road, 02 4998 7363. Open 7 days 9.30am - 4.30 pm.
- Tamburlaine Vineyard McDonald's Rd,02 4998 7570. 
- Tower Estate Wines Cnr Halls and Broke Rd, 02 4998 7989. Open 7 days 10am - 5 pm.
- Tyrell's Vineyards Broke Road, 02 4993 7000. One of the region's oldest vineyards. Open M-Sa. Winery tours are held at 1.30pm.