The Pokolbin district, in the Lower Hunter Valley in New South Wales, is one of Australia's premier wine regions. Viticulture in the region has a long history, the first vineyards being established in the 1850's.
- The Mill Restaurant. (Tuscany Wine Estate, Cnr Hermatidge Rd & Mistletoe Lane, Pokolbin, ph 02 4998 7288, fax 02 4998 7277)
- Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard (DeBeyers Rd, Pokolbin, ph 02 4998 7411). M-F, 9.30am - 5pm. Widely regarded as the first vineyard in the Pokolbin district.
- Bimbadgen Estate (McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin, ph 02 4998 7585).
- Brokenwood Wines (401- 427 McDonalds Road, Pokolbin, ph 02 499 87559, fax: 02 499 87893). http://www.brokenwood.com.au/
- Hermitage Road Cellars at Hunter Resort (ph 02 4998 7777). Daily tours at 9am, 11am & 2pm (booking required).
- McGuigan Cellars (McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin, ph 02 4998 7402). The McGuigan's complex houses McGuigan Fine Wines, the Hunter Valley Cheese Company and the Chocolate and Fudge Shop.
- Lindemans Ben Ean (McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin, ph 02 4998 7684). Open for tastings M-F 10am - 5pm, closed Christmas Day, Good Friday and New Years Day.
- McWilliams Mount Pleasant Estate (Marrowbone Road, Pokolbin, 02 4998 7505). Established in 1921, McWilliams is the largest Australian family owned wine company in the country. Open 7 days 10am - 4.30pm. Guided tours $2.20/person.
- Pepper Tree Wines (Halls Road, Pokolbin, 02 4998 7539). The tasting room is surrounded by beautiful grounds and gardens. A good place to follow up wine tasting with a picnic. Open M-F 9am - 5pm, Sa & Su 9.30am - 5pm.
- Pokolbin Estate (McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin, ph 02 4998 7524). Open 7 days 10am - 6pm.
- Reg Drayton Wines (corner of McDonalds Rd & Pokolbin Mountain Rd, 02 4998 7523). Established 140 years ago, Draytons is family owned and operated. http://www.regdraytonwines.com.au/
- Rothbury Estate (Broke Road, Pokolbin, ph 02 4998 7363). Open 7 days 9.30am - 4.30 pm.
- Tamburlaine Vineyard (McDonald's Rd, ph 02 4998 7570). http://www.tamburlaine.com.au/newtamburlaine/public/gwelcome.asp
- Tower Estate Wines (Cnr Halls and Broke Rd, Pokolbin, 02 4998 7989). Open 7 days 10am - 5 pm.
- Tyrell's Vineyards (Broke Road, Pokolbin, 02 4993 7000). One of the region's oldest vineyards. Open M-Sa. Winery tours are held at 1.30pm.