View over the bay from Beacon Isle.
Plettenberg Bay  (or Plett) is a small coastal resort in South Africa's Western Cape. It's a good stop off point for the Garden Route if you're looking to be closer to the beach than nearby Knysna.
Plett is on the N2, 240 km from Port Elizabeth, 520 km from Cape Town and 35 km from Knysna.
All major national coaches stop at the Shell garage on the N2 (1km from the town centre).
The Baz bus  comes into the town centre.
- Robberg Nature and Marine Reserve is a 4 km long peninsula south east of Plett, and due to the location of it on the South African coast, it acts as a speed bump to the sea life that migrates up and down the coast. There is a huge Cape Fur seal colony at the foot of the peninsula in the bay, and whales are often seen during in the bay in the whale migration season, Great Whites have been seen in the bay around the time when seal pups are young. Theres also a colony of penguins that are here part of the year.
- Ocean Blue Adventures & Ocean Safaris, . Doing a sea safari is an excellent way to get up close and see the sealife in the bay. With close encounter permits, they are allowed up close to the sea life. Most trips see some dolphins, seals are always seen, but shark and whale sightings are obviously seasonal! Trips are on 15 person speed boats and last 2 hours or so, costing about R270..
- Birds of Eden, At Monkeyland, The Crags (16 km outside Plet, east along the N2), ☎ +27 (0)44 534-8906 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)44 534-8907), . The largest enclosed aviary in the world.
- Goose Valley Golf Estate (Goose Valley), N2 Motoway Plett (Just outside plett, towards P.E), ☎ 0445335082. A beautiful 18 hole golf course designed by Gary player.
- Mugg 'n Bean, The Market Square, Beacon Way, ☎ +27 44 533 1486 (fax: +27 44 533 2501), . Great place for breakfast, lunch or coffee.
- Flashbacks on the main road, good lively bar, especially during Matric Rage.
- VIP - Vegas in Plett, is a club just outside the town. Great night out!
- The Clubhouse Restaurant (Goose Valley Restaurant), The Clubhouse @ Goose VAlley Golf Estate (Just outside Plett, East on the N2), ☎ 0445330889. 7am-late. Lovely golf club dining, varied menu with weekly specials. Dinner in the evenings is by booking only and they Cater for functions including weddings, golf days etc
- Forever Resorts Plettenberg, (Just off the N2, 6 km outside Plettenberg Bay), ☎ +27 (0)44 535-9309 ([email protected]), . Chalets, log cabins and caravan park
- Holiday Homes Plettenberg Bay, (Take Odland Street off Main Road, 2nd left into Le Vaillant, #9), ☎ +27 (0)11 883-2379 ([email protected]), . Holiday accommodation rental in Plettenberg Bay
- Milkwood Manor (Luxury Guesthouse & Restaurant), Salmack Road, Lookout Beach, ☎ +27 (0)44 533-0420 ([email protected]), . The Georgian-styled building is designed for spaciousness, reflecting the vast unlimited landscape surrounding it, without sacrificing its ambiance of intimacy. This is epitomized by the airy double-storeyed foyer, the large yet cosy restaurant, the private patios and balconies, and large breakfast and sundowner terrace, that afford spectacular views over the Indian Ocean, Keurbooms River Mouth, Keurbooms Lagoon and Tsitsikamma Mountains.