Pleasanton is a city in the East Bay (Bay Area) lying across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco.
- Driving is not so hard in Pleasanton
- There are many places to park in Pleasanton
- Many transit companies exist for Pleasanton. The main bus is WHEELS, which goes to Dublin and Livermore also. The County Connection has a few buses in Pleasanton. The Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) is a train service that there is going from Pleasanton to places nearby, Stockton or San Jose. There is a BART station named Dublin/Pleasanton that has the SFO/Millbrae - Dublin/Pleasanton and the Dublin/Pleasanton - SFO/Millbrae BART lines and is on the border of Dublin, which WHEELS and The County Connection goes to. A station named West Dublin/Pleasanton will be built in 2009.
there is also reverse peak service from here to Modesto
AM to Modesto and PM return to Dublin/Pleaston bart station
fare is $11 o.w $13 round trip (must be in the same day)
- Good Guys Car Shows, Alameda County Fairgrounds, . Pleasanton is the home of the Alameda County Fairgrounds, which host numerous events. The Good Guys Rod and Custom Association holds 4 car shows (approximately quarterly, but bunched into the best weather of March through November) at the fairgrounds. Clubs and individuals show off their hot rods, muscle cars, and customs in the main showgrounds, while a growing area of parts and vehicles for sale is a blast to walk around and look for great deals. A must to see for car nuts.
Every summer Pleasanton hosts the Alameda County fair.
Pleasanton is home to many fine shopping areas. Stoneridge Mall is a large enclosed regional mall with Macy's, Nordstrom, Sears, and JC Penney. It is considered a favorite by locals. Downtown Pleasanton is loaded with unusual shops, antiques, and numerous quality restaurants. Pleasanton residents love to stroll its streets in the evening. Downtown has become an upscale destination and is safe for families with children. Rosewood Plaza is a neighborhood center with Long's Drugs, Levitz Furniture, and Macy's Home Store, among others. The city also features a Wal-Mart, Border's Books, Kohl's, and Home Depot.
- Hap's Original, 122 West Neal Street. Just off Main Street, Hap's has an old school cocktail sign visible from the main drag. From there you might think it's an old watering hole until you walk up to the restaurant, and the upscale nature of the establishment becomes evident. This is an American Steak House, with fantastic steaks and somewhat pricey side dishes. Meals are ala carte. Stop in the bar for a Manhattan before dinner. Moderately Expensive.
- The Hop Yard Amercian Alehouse & Grill, 3015 Hopyard Road, ☎ (925) 426-9600, . Lots of beers on tap, mostly American Microbrews but including imports. Good food that is nothing to write home about (burgers, salads), but the beer is worth the trip. Outdoor seating fills up in the warmer months. Prices are very reasonable.
- Courtyard Pleasanton, 5059 Hopyard Road, (925) 463-1414, Fax: (925) 463-0113, .
- Crowne Plaza Pleasanton Hotel, 11950 Dublin Canyon Rd., (925) 847-6000, .
- Motel 6, 5102 Hopyard Road, (925) 463-2626, Fax: (925) 225-0128, .
- Residence Inn Pleasanton, 11920 Dublin Canyon Road, (925) 227-0500, Toll-free: (800) 331-3131, Fax: (925) 828-1199, .
- Summerfield Suites Pleasanton Hotel, 4545 Chabot Dr., (925) 730-0070, Fax: (925) 730-0075, .
- Wyndham Garden Pleasanton Hotel, 5990 Stoneridge Mall Rd., (925) 463-3330, Fax: (925) 463-3315, . Adjacent to Stoneridge Mall.
- Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, 5115 Hopyard Rd, ☎ (925) 460-8800, .
- Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, 5990 Stoneridge Mall Rd, ☎ (925) 463-3330, .
- Pleasanton Marriott, 11950 Dublin Canyon Blvd, . checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 12:00PM.
- Hilton Pleasanton at the Club, 7050 Johnson Drive, Pleasanton, California, United States 94588-3396 (At the junction of I-580 and I-680. Exit off I-580 at Hopyard Road South, right at Owens Drive, right at Johnson Drive. or Exit off I-680 at Stoneridge Road East, Left at Johnson Drive.), ☎ 925-463-8000, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 12:00 PM. Featuring Three Diamond-winning Tri-Valley accommodations, impeccable service and a convenient location near Hacienda and Bishop Ranch Business Parks and local attractions. Complimentary access to ClubSport (Northern California's largest fitness facility), complimentary 24-Hour Business Center, complimentary 5-Mile area shuttle & parking. Pet Friendly.