| || |
Every summer Pleasanton hosts the
Alemeda county fair. |+|
Every summer Pleasanton hosts the fair.
| || |
Revision as of 16:35, 5 August 2007
Pleasanton is a city in the East Bay (Bay Area) lying across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco.
- Driving is not so hard in Pleasanton
- There are many places to park in Pleasanton
- Many transit companies exist for Pleasanton. The main bus is WHEELS, which goes to Dublin and Livermore also. The County Connection has a few buses in Pleasanton. ACE is a train service that there is going from Pleasanton to places nearby, Stockton or San Jose. There is a BART station named Dublin/Pleasanton that has the SFO/Millbrae - Dublin/Pleasanton and the Dublin/Pleasanton - SFO/Millbrae BART lines and is on the border of Dublin, which WHEELS and The County Connection goes to. A station named West Dublin/Pleasanton will be built in 2009.
there is also reverse peak service from here to Modesto
AM to Modesto and PM return to Dublin/Pleaston bart station
fare is $11.00 o.w $13.00 round trip (must be in the same day)
Every summer Pleasanton hosts the Alameda County fair.
Pleasanton is home to many fine shopping areas. Stoneridge Mall is a large enclosed regional mall with Macy's, Nordstrom, Sears, and JC Penney. It is considered a favorite by locals. Downtown Pleasanton is loaded with unusual shops, antiques, and numerous quality restaurants. Pleasanton residents love to stroll its streets in the evening. Downtown has become an upscale destination and is safe for families with children. Rosewood Plaza is a neighborhood center with Long's Drugs, Levitz Furniture, and Macy's Home Store, among others. The city also features a Wal-Mart, Border's Books, Kohl's, and Home Depot.
- Courtyard Pleasanton, 5059 Hopyard Road, (925) 463-1414, Fax: (925) 463-0113, .
- Crowne Plaza Pleasanton Hotel, 11950 Dublin Canyon Rd., (925) 847-6000, . Within easy access of the San Francisco Bay area, the hotel is located close to the center of Pleasanton and enjoys nice views over the wooded slopes of Pleasanton Ridge to the southwest.
- Motel 6, 5102 Hopyard Road, (925) 463-2626, Fax: (925) 225-0128, .
- Residence Inn Pleasanton, 11920 Dublin Canyon Road, (925) 227-0500, Toll-free: (800) 331-3131, Fax: (925) 828-1199, .
- Summerfield Suites Pleasanton Hotel, 4545 Chabot Dr., (925) 730-0070, Fax: (925) 730-0075, . Located in the Hacienda Business Park, it has much to offer whether you're a business traveler or vacationer. Nearby Main Street features some of the area's finest restaurants and shops, and in minutes you can be on a tasting tour at any one of eight wineries in scenic Livermore Valley.
- Wyndham Garden Pleasanton Hotel, 5990 Stoneridge Mall Rd., (925) 463-3330, Fax: (925) 463-3315, . Adjacent to the Stoneridge Mall, and minutes away from the Hacienda, Koll Center and Bishop Ranch business parks.