Pismo Beach (population 8,000) is in San Luis Obispo County in the Central Coast region of California. It is part of the Five Cities Metropolitan Area which also includes Shell Beach (within the northern part of the Pismo Beach city limits), and Grover Beach, Oceano and Arroyo Grande, all to the south and south-east of Pismo Beach.
Pismo Beach is off Highway 101 south of San Luis Obispo.
Nearest train station is a quarter mile away in Grover Beach.
The closest commercial airports are San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria. Also nearby is Santa Barbara Airport.
A free beach trolley runs between Port San Luis, Avila Beach, Shell Beach and Pismo Beach on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Thursdays and Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day. It departs Pismo Beach on the hour every hour from 10AM to 3PM, running later in the summer. The trolley does not run in the winter. 
There is also South County Area Transit, which has four routes to serve the 5 Cities metro area. 
- Pismo Beach Monarch Butterfly Grove. Each year thousands of beautiful butterflies migrate to stay in Pismo Beach. In the winter months, starting in late October and ending in early March. Located on the west side of State Highway 1, just south of Pismo State Beach North Beach Campground near the south city limit. More information or directions call the Pismo Chamber of Commerce at 800-443-7778.
- Pismo Beach is a fun place to go to the beach for all kinds of tourists. They offer beach bike rentals, surf board rentals, and atv rentals for the Pismo Beach dunes.
- Monarch Butterflies. A grove of trees just south of Pismo is a seasonal stop for migrating butterflies that sometimes number over 100,000 (25,000 in recent years). The peak months are October-January. edit
- Pismo Beach Premium Outlets (Pismo Outlets), 333 Five Cities Dr., ☎ +1-805-773-4661, . Monday to Saturday 10am to 9pm, Sun. 10am to 7pm; check website for sale and holiday hours. This outlet center has more than 40 stores and has designer labels such as Jockey, Vans and Coach. edit
- Splash Café, 197 Pomeroy Ave, ☎ (805) 773-4653, . Wildly famous clam chowder dive, with more awards to their name than Donald Trump has buildings. Burgers, chicken strips, and other assorted staples accompany the world-famous chowder. Perfect lunch spot. Get there early, or get in line. edit
- Alex Bar-B-Que, 853 Shell Beach Road, Shell Beach, CA 93449, ☎ (805) 773-5656, . One of the finest bar-b-que places on the California coast. A Pismo Beach classic, recently brought under new management and restored to old glories. edit
- Hot Shots, 250 Pomeroy Ave, ☎ 805-773-4542, . Large family friendly pool hall. edit
- The Boardroom, 160 Hinds Ave #101, ☎ (805) 295-6222. A casual bar/restaurant with a wide selection of craft and international beer. edit
- Inn at the Cove, 2651 Price Street, +1 805 773-3511, Fax: +1 805 773-0368, .
- Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge, 2555 Price Street, +1 805 773-4671, Toll-free: +1 800 441-8885, Fax: +1 805 773-2341, .
- Motel 6, 860 4th Street, +1 805 773-2665, Fax: +1 805 773-0723, .
- Spyglass Inn, 2705 Spyglass Drive, 93449, (800) 824-2612, . Features include heated pool and spa, banquet facilities and a conference room for meetings, the Spyglass Restaurant, a heated ocean view deck, free parking, and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet.
- Cottage Inn by the Sea, 2351 Price Street, 93449, (888) 440-8400, .
- SeaCrest Resort, 2241 Price St., ☎ +1-805-773-4608. edit
- Oxford Suites Pismo Beach, 651 Five Cities Drive, ☎ (805) 773-3773, . edit
- Quality Inn Monarch Shores, 230 Five Cities Dr (Off of 101 Fwy.), ☎ +1-805 773-1841, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Has comfortably appointed rooms and a very attentive service team who will look out for your comfort and relaxation. Amenities include high quality furnishings, heated swimming pool, complimentary wireless internet access, free deluxe Continental breakfast, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons, hair dryers and satellite TV in every room. 100% non-smoking. $89.00. (35.137664,-120.629988) edit
- Hilton Garden Inn San Luis Obispo/Pismo Beach (Pismo Beach Hotels), 601 James Way, Pismo Beach, California, 93449, ☎ 805-773-6020, . checkin: 3.00 pm; checkout: 11.00 am. This hotel near San Luis Obispo is located one mile from the beach and shopping. Complimentary WiFi is included with every stay. edit
- Pismo Lighthouse Suites, 2411 Price St, ☎ (805) 773-2411, . A Pismo Beach family hotel offering spacious suites and modern amenities including an onsite spa. edit
- Sandcastle Hotel on the Beach, 100 Stimson Avenue, 93449, (805) 773-2422, . One of the best features of our Pismo Beach hotel is our oceanfront address, as well as our central location just steps from the Pismo Beach Pier, downtown restaurants, and Oceano Dunes - the only place in California where you can drive on the beach!
|Routes through Pismo Beach