Revision as of 04:30, 23 October 2011
The closest commercial airports are San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria . Also nearby is Santa Barbara Airport. Major airports are in the Los Angeles area, or San Francisco Bay Area where you will have more travel options.
Pismo Beach is off Highway 101 south of San Luis Obispo.
Nearest train station is in Grover Beach. The station it self is about a quarter mile away from Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Monarch Butterfly Grove Each Year thousands of beautiful butterflies migrate to stay in Pismo Beach. In the winter months, starting in late October and ending in early March. Located on State Highway 1, near the south city limit. More information or directions call the Pismo Chamber of Commerce at 800-443-7778.
- Pismo Beach is a fun place to go to the beach for all kinds of tourists. They offer beach bike rentals, surf board rentals, and atv rentals for the Pismo Beach dunes.
- Pecho Coast Trail, ☎ +1 805 541-8735. Saturdays: 9AM. A fairly strenuous 3.5 mile round trip docent-led hike to Point San Luis allowing a closeup look and tour of the San Luis Point Lighthouse. Ages 9 and up. Call for reservations. Suggested $3.00 donation for Lighthouse tour.
Pismo Beach Premium Outlets
- Alex Bar-B-Que, 853 Shell Beach Road, Shell Beach, CA 93449, ☎ (805) 773-5656, . One of the finest bar-b-que places on the entire California coast. A Pismo Beach classic, recently brought under new management and restored to old glories.
- Splash Café, 197 Pomeroy, Pismo Beach CA, ☎ (805) 773-4653, . Wildly famous clam chowder dive, with more awards to their name than Donald Trump has buildings. Burgers, chicken strips, and other assorted staples accompany the world-famous chowder. Perfect lunch spot. Get there early, or get in line.
- Rock and Roll Diner, 1300 Railroad St, Oceano, CA, 93445, ☎ (805) 473-2040, . A restaurant inside of a classic train car, Rock and Roll Diner serves classic American drive-up diner food as well as an authentic Greek cuisine menu. Located directly alongside highway 1 up in Oceano, it's easily missed by the tourist crowd.
- Hot Shots, 250 Pomeroy Ave, ☎ 805-773-4542, . Large family friendly pool hall.
- Best Western Shelter Cove Lodge, 2651 Price Street, +1 805 773-3511, Fax: +1 805 773-0368, .
- Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge, 2555 Price Street, +1 805 773-4671, Toll-free: +1 800 441-8885, Fax: +1 805 773-2341, .
- Motel 6, 860 4th Street, +1 805 773-2665, Fax: +1 805 773-0723, .
- Spyglass Inn, 2705 Spyglass Drive, Pismo Beach, CA 93449, (800) 824-2612, . Features include heated pool and spa, banquet facilities and a conference room for meetings, the Spyglass Restaurant, a heated ocean view deck, free parking, and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet.
- Cottage Inn by the Sea, 2351 Price Street, Pismo Beach, CA 93449, (888) 440-8400, .
- SeaCrest Resort, 2241 Price St., ☎ +1-805-773-4608.
- Oxford Suites Pismo Beach, 651 Five Cities Drive, ☎ (805) 773-3773, .
- Quality Inn Monarch Shores, 230 Five Cities Dr (Off of 101 Fwy. Pismo Beach), ☎ +1-805 773-1841, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Guests enjoy comfortably appointed rooms and a very attentive service team who will be looking out for your comfort and relaxation. Amenities include high quality furnishings, heated swimming pool, complimentary wireless internet access, free deluxe Continental breakfast, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons, hair dryers and satellite TV in every room. 100% Non-Smoking. $89.00. (35.137664,-120.629988)
|Routes through Pismo Beach