Piła is a town in Greater Poland Voivodship in Poland.
Piła is a former German town of Schneidemühl, situated on the old pre-WWII Polish-German border. Piła is the largest town of the northern part of Greater Poland Voivodeship. It is located on the river Gwda, approx. 90 km north of Poznań. There's a birthplace of Stanisław Staszic, a priest and reformer living in 18/19 c.
Both Poznań and Bydgoszcz airports're locared about 1,30 h from the city.
Regional and Intercity trains connect the recently renovated Piła Głowna main station to Warsaw, Poznań, Bydgoszcz, Szczecin, Kołobrzeg and Krzyż.
The bus station (ul. Kwiatowa 18) is conveniently located in front of the main station Pila Glowna. There is a couple of daily buses to Poznan, Krakow, Warsaw, Kolobrzeg as well as one per day to Wroclaw and Berlin.
- Pilskie Muzeum Wojskowe (Military museum of Pila), . visits by appointment. edit Run by a group of local enthusiasts and located in an old concrete hangar at the local airfield, this museum is a great place for anyone who is interested in the military history. The museum's collection features a well-preserved Polish Air Force Su-22M Fitter fighter-bomber that used to serve in this airfield until the earlier 90's, as well as tanks and other combat vehicles of the former Warsaw Pact.
- St. Anthony church, ul. Ludowa, 20. edit A modernist building of the late 1920's in the style of Bauhaus.
- Roundhouse, Pila Glowna station. edit Abandoned since 1990's, this impressive example of the Prussian industrial heritage of 1870's is finally the subject of conservation works.
- City Museum
- Kuźnik Natural Reserve. Protected area of forests and ponds.
- Saint Stanislaus church. Church from the end of 19 century
- Pet cemetery. Located on Leszkowo district
- Woodsmen cemetery. Located in Płociczno, in the forest
- Płotki, Koszycki and Piaszczyste lakes are popular recreation area and water sport center.
- Take a trip on water tram
- Water Park
- Stanisław Staszic park
- Geopark linowy
- Pride March (Marsz Równości w Pile). It occurs in beginning of August.
- Aventura Latina
- Garden Burger
- Hotel Gromada
- Pensjonat Park
- DW Płotki Lux (bungalows)
- hotel Forma
- Motel Orion
- Noclegi Stara Wozownia
- Noclegi Pod Zielonym Dachem
- Zajazd Stawisko
- Hostel Piła (Staszyce)
- Hostel Classic
- Pokoje Gościnne na Korczaka
- Hotel Rębajło
- Hotel Gwda
- Hotel Gringo
- Geovita (Płotki)
- Inter noclegi
- Hotel Tarcza
- Hotel Hołubowski
- Youth hostel SSM Staszicówka