Midtown Phoenix is in Phoenix.
Midtown Phoenix is generally bounded by I-10 on the south, I-17. on the west, AZ-51. on the east, and Northern Ave. on the north. From within Greater Phoenix, Midtown is most easily reached by one of the major freeways, given it is bounded on 3 sides and exits exist on each major cross street. Major thoroughfares within Midtown are Central Ave., 7th St., and 7th Ave., going north or south; Camelback Rd., Indian School Rd., Thomas Rd., and McDowell Rd. moving east-west. Alternatively, the Valley Metro Light Rail can provide access from Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, or Mesa.
The Valley Metro Light Rail runs along Central Ave. and can be useful for visiting the Phoenix Art Museum or Heard Museum. Phoenix is in the midst of an effort to improve its friendliness towards bicycles, and in recent times new bike lanes have been established, with more coming as time progresses. Currently a dedicated bike lane runs the length of 15th Avenue, with segments of 23rd, 5th, and 3th Avenues, and 12th Street also containing lanes. East-west access for cyclists is spotty, but there are a large number of historic neighborhoods in the area which serve as alternatives to dedicated bicycle lanes.
- Heard Museum, 2301 N Central Ave, ☎ +1 602 252-8848, . 9:30 am to 5 pm Monday-Saturday, 11 am-5 pm Sunday. Celebrating Native American cultures and arts, especially those of Arizona and New Mexico. Open daily except December 25. $15 adults, $13.50 seniors 62+, $7.50 children 6-12, free for children under 6 and American Indians.
- Phoenix Art Museum, 1625 N Central Ave, ☎ +1 602 257-1222, . Tu-Su 10AM-5PM (Th until 9PM). 16,000 artworks with an emphasis on American, Asian, Latin American, and modern and contemporary.
- Postino on Central, 5144 N Central Ave, . Fun little wine cafe on Central Avenue, just north of Camelback Rd. Good wine selection, but the bruschetta boards are the main attraction.
- Green, 2022 N 7th Street, ☎ 602-258-1870, . Mon-Sat 11am to 9pm- closed Sunday. Vegan restaurant that was named the Best Vegan restaurant in Phoenix by the Phoenix New Times. PETA named the secret BBQ Chicken sandwich as the best faux chicken sandwich in the USA. Another location in Tempe.
- George and Dragon, 4240 N Central Avenue, ☎ 602-241-0018, . British pub open since 1995 serving traditional British food and imported Ales, Stouts and Scotch. In 2011 the Phoenix New Times listed it as the Best British Pub in Phoenix (Readers Choice).
- Quality Inn and Suites Downtown, 202 E McDowell Rd, ☎ +1 602 528-9100, . Eight minutes from Sky Harbor Airport and right in the heart of downtown Phoenix across the street from the Phoenix Art Museum.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix, 2520 N Central Ave, ☎ +1 602 716-9900, . 10 minutes or so from Sky Harbor Airport and right in the heart of midtown Phoenix north of the Heard Museum.
- The Clarendon Hotel, 401 W Clarendon Ave, ☎ +1 602 252-7363, . Part of the Midtown Museum District, independent boutique hotel with free international calls and an amazing pool area.