Midtown Phoenix is generally bounded by McDowell Road on the south, 19th Avenue on the west, 12th Street on the east, and Camelback Road on the north. Many people access midtown via Central Avenue, 7th Street, and 7th Avenue, going north or south; Indian School Road and Thomas Road are important east-west access points into Midtown.
The Valley Metro Light Rail runs along Central Avenue and can be useful for visiting the Phoenix Art Museum or Heard Museum.
- Heard Museum, 2301 North Central Av., +1 602-252-8848, . Celebrating Native American cultures and arts, especially those of Arizona and New Mexico.
- Phoenix Art Museum, 1625 N. Central Avenue, +1 602-257-1222 . Tu-Su 10AM-5PM (Th until 9PM). 16,000 artworks with an emphasis on American, Asian, Latin American, and modern and contemporary.
- Chase Ballpark, 401 E. Jefferson Street., +1 602.462.4600, . Home of the Arizona Diamondbacks Baseball Team.
- US Airways Center, 201 East Jefferson Street , +1 602-379-7800 . Venue for many events and concerts and home to the Phoenix Suns Basketball Team
- Quality Inn and Suites Downtown, 202 East McDowell Road., ☎ +1(602) 528-9100, . Eight minutes from Sky Harbor International Airport and right in the heart of downtown Phoenix across the street from the Phoenix Art Museum.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix, 2520 N. Central Avenue., ☎ +1(602) 716-9900, . Ten minutes or so from Sky Harbor International Airport and right in the heart of midtown Phoenix north of the Heard Museum.