Revision as of 03:37, 2 September 2010
Midtown Phoenix is generally bounded by McDowell Rd. on the south, 19th Ave. on the west, 12th St. on the east, and Camelback Rd. on the north. Many people access midtown via Central Ave., 7th St., and 7th Ave., going north or south; Indian School Rd. and Thomas Rd. are important east-west access points into Midtown.
The Valley Metro Light Rail runs along Central Ave. and can be useful for visiting the Phoenix Art Museum or Heard Museum.
- Heard Museum, 2301 N Central Ave, ☎ +1 602 252-8848, . Celebrating Native American cultures and arts, especially those of Arizona and New Mexico.
- Phoenix Art Museum, 1625 N Central Ave, ☎ +1 602 257-1222, . Tu-Su 10AM-5PM (Th until 9PM). 16,000 artworks with an emphasis on American, Asian, Latin American, and modern and contemporary.
- Quality Inn and Suites Downtown, 202 E McDowell Rd, ☎ +1 602 528-9100, . Eight minutes from Sky Harbor Airport and right in the heart of downtown Phoenix across the street from the Phoenix Art Museum.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix, 2520 N Central Ave, ☎ +1 602 716-9900, . 10 minutes or so from Sky Harbor Airport and right in the heart of midtown Phoenix north of the Heard Museum.
- The Clarendon Hotel, 401 W Clarendon Ave, ☎ +1 602 252-7363, . Part of the Midtown Museum District, independent boutique hotel with free international calls and an amazing pool area.