Petersburg is a city in Central Virginia.
- Pamplin Park & The National Museum of the Civil War Soldier, 6125 Boydton Plank Road, tel. 1-877-726-7546, . On the outskirts of Petersburg in Dinwiddie County, this park and museum are must-see attractions for anyone interested in the Civil War. The park presents the "Breakthrough" battle in April 1865 that led to the fall of Petersburg and the surrender at Appomattox Court House. Use of interactive technology and first-rate presentation make the park and museum engaging and enjoyable by all ages. The walking trails include views of well-preserved fortifications and the park includes agricultural exhibits that are accurate to the period. Plan a full day if you want to take it all in. A more complete experience is available through a Civil War camp that is offered by the park.
- The Brickhouse Run, 409 Cockade Alley (Old Towne), ☎ 804 862-2205, . Tus-Sat 5:00 pm. An intimate pub and restaurant with great atmosphere and food. $10-$20.
- Best Western Steven Kent, 12205 S Crater Road, +1 804 733-0600, Toll-free: +1 800 284-9393, Fax: +1 804 862-4549, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 5679 Boydton Plank Rd, +1 804 518-1515, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 11979 South Crater Road, +1 804 518-1800, .
- Ramada Plaza Petersburg, 380 E. Washington Street, +1 804-733-0000, .
|Routes through Petersburg