Pescara (province) : Pescara
Pescara is a city in Abruzzo. It is the most populous city of the region, as well as being an active industrial center (metal and mechanics, conciaria, refining of sulfur, petrochemical), agricultural market and port fishing boat. Located on the sea, it is a popular seaside resort.
Traffic is their biggest problem along with limited parking. Taxis are few, it is an easy city to walk around. There are pedestrian areas which are limited to traffic and good sidewalks. Just get in with a good pair of shoes and enjoy
It is possible to fly from Brussels South (Charleroi) to Pescara using the Italian low-budget airline OnAir 
You can also fly Ryanair from London direct to Pescara Airport which is less than 10 minutes from the city. You can take direct flight from JFK and Toronto (on Air Transat) though with a limited schedule. Ryanair also flies from Oslo (Torp) every Saturday and Tuesday. It flies also from Frankfurt (Hahn) in Germany
You can drive to Pescara from Rome Ciampino Airport in about 1.5 hours. The drive is relatively free of traffic through the mountains, the view is excellent and there are lots of tunnels and bridges to cross.
From Pescara Centre to Pescara Airport: coach n. 38 departing every 15 minutes from Pescara Railway Station. Single trip: 1,00 eur
From Pescara Airport terminal to Pescara Centre: coach n. 38 departing every 15 minutes from the terminal. The first bus transfer from the airport at 06.00, the last bus transfer from the airport at 22.30.
Tickets sold at the automatic machine in the terminal arrivals area.
There are ferries in the summer connecting Pescara with Split and several islands in central Dalmatia including Hvar. Car ferries are run by Jadrolinija  and faster hyrdofoils by SNAV . Ferries leave from the ferry terminal. There are daily regular services to Rome which takes around 2 hours to arrive.
Small charming characteristic towns, open markets and local festivals in the nearby area are ideal for day trips to explore. And in the evenings, the beach cafes and the old town of Pescara Porto transform themselves into vibrant night spots.
The mountain range also known as "La Bella Dormentata" (The Sleeping Beauty) is 40 mins away and its extensive park system includes natural beauty akin to national parks in the western United States. Within Abruzzo's parks lie some of Italy's most beautiful ancient hill towns rivaling those of Tuscany and Umbria.
enjoy the wonderful beaches. Free beaches are limited however the entire shoreline il dotted with "stabilimenti balneari" and ombrelloni, each with his own name and color scheme. You can dine, enjoy a pizza or caffe' in all of them. Red flags means no swimming...white flags you can enjoy the wonderful Adriatic sea Mondays are market days in the area of the stadium. There is a classic open air market where everything can be had just walk through and enjoy
- Dedalo center for contemporary art, contrada fornaca 28 (castiglione a casauria), . Set in an environment that fosters creativity, positive energy and support, Dedalo center for contemporary art promotes various aspects of fine art including printmaking, painting and photography by providing classes and workshops as well as exhibits and artist exchanges. For information: [email protected]
- stabilimento balneare la prora beach village (Pescara), area giochi piscina campi da beach volley (1km dal porto 2 dalla stazione ferroviaria), ☎ 085 297381 ([email protected]), . 18€ pizza 35 pesce. Ristoranti 
- Bzona (Pescara), Lungomare matteotti 46 (8 min aeroporto Liberi), ☎ 3471181360, . 15.
- agriturismo Le Cicale, via vallemonte 12 (Spoltore (Pescara)), ☎ 3392757650, . checkin: 15,00; checkout: 10,00. agriturismo in abruzzo a soli 7 km dal mare e dal Pescara centro, 5 km dall'aeroport e 30 km dal parco della Majella. Ospitalità in alloggi indipendenti immersi nella natura. 25.00.
- Villa Immacolata, ada Comunale San Silvestro 340, ☎ +39 085 4980031 ([email protected]), . This hotel is on top of the hill of San Silvestro in Pescara, in a beautiful park €55-200.
- Villa Adriatica, . Sitting on a hill this charming very spacious four bedroom villa offers spectacular, panoramic views of the Adriatic Coast, mountains, cities and country side.
- Bella Pescara b&b, via ortona,9 65122 Pescara (italy) (city centre), ☎ +393385847910, . checkin: 15; checkout: 11. Bella Pescara b&b a newly refurbished boutique Bed and Breakfast located in the heart of Pescara’s city’s commercial and tourist centre,Our rooms offer the most modern facilities & comforts combined with a homely feel and a personal touch 59. (42.46771,14.20974)
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|