| || |
| || |
Revision as of 08:35, 20 March 2009
Peoria is a city inside of Phoenix, Arizona. Many visitors come to the area during the Spring to see their favorite professional baseball team during Spring Training in the Cactus Leage.
Peoria is part of the Central West Valley of Arizona
The Central west region is partly a newly developed area and one that has been around for years. It has many hidden treasures and is a great place for families, singles or anyone who wants to come and enjoy the beautiful west valley. From hiking to shopping and eating to playing baseball, everyone can come out and discover this hidden jewel.
Peoria Sports Complex
16101 N. 83rd Ave.
Peoria, Arizona 85382
One main stadium and 12 practice fields. Can be rented for baseball tournaments, concerts, weddings, etc.
Great place to bring family and friends for many different types of events.
D & I Beads
7420 W. Cactus Rd - B12
Peoria, Arizona 85381
North East Corner of 75th Ave. & Cactus Rd
Considered America's Biggest Little Bead Store Over 100,000 Different 1st Quality Beads & Jewelry Making Supplies
Friendly staff, WIDE variety, Great for the craft and jewelry lover in everyone.
Regala Fashions with Flair
11001 N. 99th Ave. Ste.#100
Peoria, AZ 85381
Designer fashions for contemporary women on the go!
- Dress wear
- Free Fashion Guidance
Great little shop! Clothes for women of all ages, handbags, costume jewelry to mix and match.
Arizona Broadway Theatre
7701 West Paradise Lane
Peoria, Arizona 85382
Watch performers in major Broadway productions such as a Christmas Carol, Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, Bye Bye Birdie and more!
Enjoy dinner and a show with their dinner theatres!
A great place for a date, a family (at select shows) or anyone looking to see a little theatre!
15829 N 83rd Ave
Peoria, AZ 85382
623.334.1200 - Main
623.334.1600 – Fax
Full service Ice skating facility for hockey, figure skating and public use.
Food and Merchandise Vendors on hand.
A wonderful family environment. The public can join hockey and figure skating programs or come for free skate with purchase of entrance fee and skate rental.
41835 N. Castle Hot Springs Rd.
Morristown, AZ 85342
Contact Station 1-928-501-1710
Operations Center 602-372-7460
Enjoy Community activities, Water skiing, boating, tubing, sunbathing, camping, barbeques and family events, etc. at this park open 24/7 365. Beautiful view of the desert with the sparkling lake in between. Great for families with children of all ages.
- Dillon's Restaurant, 8706 W. Thunderbird, ☎ 623-979-5353, . Has a combination of BBQ and American food. Has a country home feel to it, decorated with antique furnishings with a large fireplace when you walk inside. It has spacious rooms that would easily accommodate large gatherings.
- Satara Thai Cuisine and Wine Lounge, 8350 W. Paradise Ln., ☎ 623-979-9696, . Fine-dining Thai food and eclectic wine lounge. High-end interior offering a separate private dining area equipped with a large TV, making the perfect spot for meetings. Just opened in September 2008.
- Cucina Tagliani, 8349 W. Bell Rd., ☎ 623-412-2670, . Cuisine is Italian and Seafood. The restaurant has a very romantic feel to it, decorated to make you feel like you are eating in Italy. There is a full bar and private dining areas available to suit parties from 2 to 60.
- Sandbar Mexican Grill, 9868 W. Northern Ave., ☎ 623-877-6444, . Has a blend of Mexican and American inspired dishes. The bright decor and large patio and bar make you feel like you are in Mexico. Great for a night out with friends. Inexpensive with daily drink specials.
- McDuffy's Sports Bar, 15814 N. 83rd Ave., ☎ 623-334-5000, . American food, specializing in bar food such as burgers and sandwiches. Great night spot! Has over 80 TVs throughout the place to watch sports games on. There is over 30 different choices of beer. Wednesday through Saturday it turns into a night club. It has two floors and a huge patio area.
- QUALITY INN GLENDALE, 7116 N 59th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301 (From 101: Exit Glendale Ave-Go East-Left on 59th Ave. From I-10: Exit 59th Ave-go North), ☎ 623-939-9431, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. The hotel is centrally located in historic district of Glendale, within a close proximity of the *Univ of Phoenix Stadium *Jobing.com Arena *Luke AFB *Glendale Community College *Banner Thurnderbird Medical Center *Maryvale Baseball Park *Camelback Ranch Stadium *City of Glendale and *Arizona State University West Campus. The hotel was completely Renovated in 2007, featuring various In-room amenities including: *Free wireless hi-speed access *Free local calls *Personal voice mail *Fridge-microwave *Coffee makers *Iron/ironing board *Hair dryers and very comfortable King or double beds in all rooms. Heated pool, plenty of parking, free delux continental breakfast. Conference/Meeting space for up to 60 attendees. (33° 32' 25.9548,-112° 11' 10.2948)