Pendeen is a ex-mining town in Cornwall. It's a grey village, with a large proportion of council houses. Not worth staying in but theres a couple of good pubs which do good food.
Bus 17A/17B from Penzance every half hour Mon-Sat, less frequently evenings and Sundays. Every other bus goes via St Just in Penwith.
Free parking, then walk or simply drive to where you want to go.
- Geevor Tin Mine, 01736 788662. Every day except Sa, Easter-Oct 9AM-4PM, Oct-Easter tours start at 11AM, 1PM, 3PM. You can see an exhibition about mining and the go on a guided tour. The first part of the tour is through the processing facilities above ground. (How did they get the tin out of the stones?) The second tour is through one of the early mining tunnels. 6.50£
- Walk along the south-west coast path.
- Walk to the prehistoric sites inland.
Queen Arms at Botallack does good food and proper real ale.
- Couple of B&Bs and Inns that have rooms
- St Ives to the North along the North Coast Road (B3306) - essentially a 15 mile rally course, recommended to drive it at night as fast as you can. Wear seatbelts and keep an eye for oncoming traffic doing the same.
- St Just in Penwith to the South.
- Penzance to the East.