Pench National Park

From Wikitravel
Revision as of 10:35, 19 November 2012 by Arananusorn (talk | contribs) (Fees/Permits)

Earth : Asia : South Asia : India : Plains (India) : Madhya Pradesh : Pench National Park
Jump to: navigation, search
Pench National Park

Default Banner.jpg

Pench National Park is in the Plains of India. About 90% of the park is in the Seoni and Chhindwara districts of Madhya Pradesh while the remaining 10% is in northwestern Maharastra.


Pench National Park is spread over 758 sq km. The park is located in Madhya Pradesh district. The park has various species of animals, among which the deers, wild gaurs, monkeys are easy to spot. The tigers and the lions are difficult to watch as they do not come on the safari trail often.

This forest inspired Ruyard Kipling to write the famous novel The Jungle Book.



Flora and fauna


Get in


You get one guide who will help you see the forest. You don't have to hire a safari jeep to get in. You can take your car inside if you pay for a guide. This guide will take you to places where you can spot the wild animals.

The Madhya Pradesh Tourism provide assistant to book the hotels and resorts direct from desk. Jungle Home Resorts is one of the old Resort in Pench National Park.

Get around




Outside the park, you will see people selling wildlife postcards. You can also spot some people selling musk. They start with a heavy rate, but eventually come down. Authenticity may be dubious, and to convince you, they'll perform some tricks. Don't fall for that.


Outside the national park, you will find a lot of dhabas where you can sit for a snack or for lunch. The food you will eat at these locations will be delicious and you will never believe the low rates.

Always try going for the simplest food as possible. They do not have a long menu, but whatever they make is worth eating.





  • Pench Jungle Camp is the ideal place to stay here, this camp is a very nice jungle accommodation. The tents are really nice and worth experiencing.


Stay safe

Get out

After Visit Of Pench go to Bandhavgarh- Wild life lovers are welcome to the land of tigers. Today Bandhavgarh, in Madhya Pradesh, India, has the highest density of tigers in the world making it just the best tourism destination. Bandhavgarh National Park is one place where you certain of seeing a tiger in its natural habitat. It is in this valley where white tiger was found.

Create category

This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!