Pemuteran is a small fishing village on the northern coast of West Bali.
This is a small laid-back village which has become increasingly popular with visitors in recent years. There are a number of waterfront resorts and its proximity to Lovina and West Bali National Park together with the extreme natural beauty of the area, has fuelled quite rapid growth in tourism infrastructure in the area.
Pemuteran is home to the largest artificial Biorock reef project in the world and there is a real spirit of marine conservation effort in this area.
A very informative website http://www.pemuteranbay.com/ about things to do in the Pemuteran bay area and around, it will also give you information on where to stay,you can find an overview of the Villas, Resorts and Homestays in Pemuteran. Diving and snorkeling options.
Visitors usually arrive in Pemuteran on the north coast road from Lovina or Singaraja or from the west at Gilimanuk.
Regular bemos ply the north coast road but they are very slow and get extremely crowded.
You will have no problem renting a car with driver to take you from Lovina to Pemuteran - fix the price in advance and make sure petrol is included.
A direct ride to Pemuteran from tourist centres in the south will take about four hours depending on traffic on the coast roads.
This is a great place to walk or get around by bicycle.
Your hotel will be able to help if you decide you need to rent a motorbike.
Early morning dolphin watching boat trips can be arranged through any hotel. By no means guaranteed, but you have a decent chance of finding a pod here.
The beaches are especially nice in this area and consist of a particularly fine grained black sand.
Menjangan Island and West Bali National Park are easily reached from here. The Menjangan Island boats depart from Labuhan Lalang which is a 15 minute ride west from Pemuteran. Obligatory permits can be purchased from the national park office at the back of the Labuhan Lalang car park and you can also arrange a guide here. It is quite common for groups of visitors to congregate in this car park and join together to charter a boat. Most local hotels will make any arrangements you need for activities related to the national park.
Proyek Penyu  (turtle project) is a turtle breeding and release program run by one of the dive operators in co-operation with local villagers. Very much worth a visit and certainly worth your support.
The area around Pulaki village just east of Pemuteran is full of vineyards and is the centre of the grape growing industry in Bali.
Diving and snorkelling is excellent both here and at nearby Menjangan Island inside the West Bali National Park. Visibility is excellent and there is a profusion of reef fishes, turtles, and hard and soft corals.
- Easy Divers ([email protected]), Pemuteran, ☎ 0362 94736, . A PADI dive resort with more than 10 years history in Pemuteran.
- Reef Seen Aquatics, Pemuteran village, ☎ +62 (0)8123 894051 ([email protected]), . First established dive operator in Pemuteran, offering guided dives and PADI courses from absolute beginner upwards. Very active in marine conservation who run their own turtle breeding and release programme for example. Attractive beach-side divers' accommodation.
- Sea Rovers, (at Hotel Adi Assri, Pemuteran), ☎ +62 812 3859167 ([email protected]), . Offer a full range of fun dives and courses. PADI accredited. All dive prices in Euros.
- Yos Marine Adventures, Pemuteran village, ☎ +62 813 3877 9941, . Long established and reputable PADI accredited dive operator with a branch on Pemuteran beach.
Fishing is good in calm waters and you can charter a boat easily from the beach.
The hills and mountains that form the southern backdrop to Pemuteran offer many opportunities for interesting hiking. Ask at your hotel for directions and/or a guide.
- Pemuteran Dive Center, Pemuteran, ☎ +62(0) 81338427000 ( [email protected]), . Local dive center managed by most experienced dive master with more than 12 years experiences. Arranging daily excursion to Menjangan Island for diving or snorkeling.
- Temple Pulaki (Pura Pulaki), Bayupoh Village, about 53km west of Singaraja. It is a Hindu shrine located in the hill bank in about 25m from the see and in front of the beautiful beach in north part of Bali. This temple is inhabited by monkeys which are considered as the descendants of Dewa (Gods). It is one of the biggest Hindu Temples. Situated near Singaraja town or in 1 hour drive to the west from the town. This temple is set on the flat land with stone hill bank as a back drop meanwhile the blue ocean is just in front of the temple. There are the group of monkeys dwell the hill forest around the temple and it usually standing around the temple in the day time. The beautiful beach with black sand and calm seawater is one of the fascinations to visitor to come to this temple. We can find the beautiful hill bank and beaches along the coastal road. It is just 3 hours drive from Bali's International Airport or 1 hour drive from Singaraja town. It is strategically set in the main road from Singaraja to Gilimanuk with the group of monkeys as the identity for the traveler who wants to visit this temple.
There are several simple roadside warungs serving typical Balinese food. All of the hotels in the area have restaurants open to the general public. As might be imagined in a traditional fishing village, the seafood options are highly recommended.
Pemuteran is quite expensive by Balinese standards. There are more budget options opening and it is possible to stay cheaply with local people in their houses if you ask around once you arrive.
- Jubawa Homestay, ☎ +62 362 94745, . Excellent budget option in Pemuteran with bungalows from US$25 inc tax low season and US$32+ high season with wifi. Good wholesome Balinese food served here.
Tirta Sari bungalow
Clean room, beautiful decoration, surrounded by very lush garden and 2 minutes walk to to beach. The rate is start from 250.000 rupiah for fan room, also have AC room with open air bathroom, this include with breakfast . Luxury swimming pool with a reasonable price restaurant. Tirtasari is so popular among the traveller with budget up to mid range, it's even full in high season.
Eka guest house
They still have no website now,but you can just simply appear or call Eka (the owner) +6281353010506/+6285239904212. It is located in pemuteran village. Eka guest house only have 2 rooms so it is more privacy, one with double bed and one with twin bed. All rooms is attached by AC and bathub with hot water. The room is clean and simple, the rate is 150.000 rupiah or 15USD include tax and breakfast. Eka the owner will always available to give you a lot of Information. You can also book any activities and have a quite dinner there with the warm family atmosphere.
It is maybe the cheapest room in pemuteran (+6285338526999/+6285338099447). Located before the pemuteran gate, behind "Penginapan Pemuteran" , they have a big clean room with super big outdoor bathroom. The rate is start at 100.000 rupiah /10USD for fan room. In front of made guesthouse there is a huge grape farm, the grape is costs only 3.000/kg there.
- Double You Home stay, Pemuteran (Off the main road next to Kubuku (see sign)), ☎ +6281338427000 ([email protected]), . checkin: 01:00 pm; checkout: 12:00 am. New large rooms. Quieter than other budget options as set back from the road. Four guest rooms equipped with self air conditioning system, hot and cold shower. Low season ~$35, High season ~$55.
- Kubuku Ecolodge and Resto, [email protected], ☎ +62 362 7005225, . Four clean, quiet, and air-conditioned rooms (more are under construction) away from the main road. Free internet and wifi available, they can also arrange snorkeling trips, dolphin sighting or transport. From 330 000 Rp.
- Rare Angon, ☎ +62 362 94747. Budget air-conditioned bungalows with nice outdoor bathrooms. About Rp 350,000.
- Taruna Homestay, ☎ +62081338536318 / +62085237117763 ([email protected]). Outstanding service, very clean and beautiful rooms. Nice garden. Free wifi. From $37-$55.
- Matahari Beach Resort & Spa ([email protected]), Jalan Raya Seririt Gilimanuk, ☎ +62 362 92312, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: noon. A beachfront resort with restaurant and in-house spa. Has 32 rooms in a traditional Balinese style. from US$280.
- Hotel Adi Assri, Pemuteran, ☎ +62 362 94838 ([email protected]), . Individual bungalows on the beachfront. Offers lots of national park based activities and has a dive centre attached to the hotel. In house spa and restaurant and a good sized swimming pool. From US$37.
- Puri Ganesha ([email protected]), ☎ +6236294766, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: noon. A laid-back luxury resort comprising four large beachfront villas each with private pools for 2-6 guests on 300 m of peaceful beach in Pemuteran. The food is all organic. from US$ 550.
- Taman Sari Bali Cottages, Pemuteran village, ☎ +62 362 93264 ([email protected]), . Charming traditional Balinese style beachfront complex with accommodation ranging from double rooms at US$42 to two bedroom suites at US$175.
- Villa Semadhi, Pemuteran, ☎ +6285 237126191, . Beachfront villa for two to ten people. Lovely swimming pool and jacuzzi. The villa stands in a large 3000 m2 garden. € 195-360, depending on how much of the villa you use, and the time of year.
You can easily continue your journey around Bali eastwards to Lovina or westwards to Gilimanuk.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!