The south end of Patong Beach
Patong (หาดป่าตอง Haad Patong) is the largest beach resort on the island of Phuket. This article also includes Kalim, a series of small beaches just north of Patong.
Patong is a party capital of Asia, with a world famous nightlife and a great beach. Mostly made up of hotels, world class restaurants, nightclubs and various tourist attractions, this is a hedonists' heaven of nightlife, with numerous entertainment complexes and countless bars clustered together in and around Bangla Road and the beach road. The town has a very obvious female, transgender and male sex industry to cater to every taste, however to only view it as this is a mistake, it offers so much more, for families and couples too.
Massage parlors of the erotic as well the therapeutic (Nuad Thai) genre provide less alcohol/drug infested venues for punters and wellness seekers. One can even find masseuses practicing this medical art atop bamboo mats on the beach sands (100 baht and up).
Prices are higher than in Phuket Town, but there's more budget accommodation here than at the more southerly beaches.
This may not be a good destination for the average backpacker, except in the rainy season when prices are far lower. However this is not Patong's stated market, it is fairly and squarely aimed at holidaymakers and does it rather well.
Rooming houses ('mansions') a few blocks inland provide nice, clean a/c rooms and suites as cheaply as 300 baht/day (less without a/c), or 3,000-10,000 baht/month. However Patong has every type of accommodation imaginable, from home stays to 5 star palaces.
Beach Road and the immediate surrounding areas were hit hard by the December 2004 tsunami, however the only signs now remaining are the "Tsunami" titles on sale at the VCD/DVD vendors.
Phuket Island in general and Patong Beach in particular are visited about once per year for ships of the United States Navy. The navy sailors are generally well behaved and are policed by their own Shore Patrol. As Phuket is not considered big enough, very large navy ships usually visit Pattaya instead.
Patong's three main axes are the aptly named Beach Road (Thanon Thawiwong) and Thanon Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi (the last bit means "200 years" and is pronounced song roi bee) running parallel a few hundred meters inland, bisected at the midpoint by the world famous Soi Bangla.
Running parallel to the Beach Road and Rat-U-Thit about half a kilometer inland is Nanai Road which is the residential expatriate area and has many cheaper guest houses and hotels. The restaurants on this road tend to be cheaper as well as beers which can be had for B50 a bottle generally.
Between Nanai Road and Rat-U-Thit is the new bypass road which is almost open, suitable for motorbikes at present and braver car owners. This Road runs behind the huge Jungceylon shopping center and past the local fresh fish and vegetable market 'Baanzan', well worth a visit if you are self catering.
Phuket International Airport is 35 km to the north of Patong. "Limousine" taxis from the airport to Patong are a steep 600 baht (45 minutes); meter-taxis 400+ baht (from the meter-taxi stand at the airport, ignore the touts and turn right as you exit the terminal); shared minibuses limit the damage to 150 baht (but 180 baht in the Patong to airport direction, presuming you book through an agency). Even cheaper (however also more time consuming) option is to take the comfortable a/c airport shuttle bus to Phuket Town (85 baht, 1 hour), and switch there to a local bus to Patong, see "By bus" section. Alternatively, if you know the right road, you can get off the bus after you pass the Big C shopping center on the right (the airport bus goes to the left there, and the road to Kathu and then Patong is to the right from the same intersection), and try to catch a local bus to Patong there, which also passes that intersection. Local buses to Patong are clearly marked in English and in Thai.
Regular buses connect to Phuket Town (25 baht, 30-45 minutes) every 30 minutes or so between 07:00 and 18:00. The route starts from the southern end of the beach, after which the bus crawls through town (via Bangla Road), stopping to pick up passengers, before finally heading off across the hills, and going via Kathu, then passing near Big C before entering the Phuket Town.
In Phuket Town, those buses are usually waiting for passengers near the local market (1-1,5 km west from the Phuket bus station), however, some huge (almost bus-sized) songthaews marked "Phuket - Patong" were seen near Phuket bus station too. If you're coming by public bus from other areas in Thailand (like Bangkok or Surat Thani), as well as if using the airport bus, you will end up in this bus station. Local motorbike taxi drivers can and will offer fares like 40 baht to the market or 250 baht straight to Phuket - just walk (there's a city map in the terminal), bargain hard, or just wait for an arriving songthaew; even if he's not going to Patong, he will drop you to the bus station for no more than 20 baht, or probably 10 if there's more than 2-3 of you.
As at May 2011............
The above is pretty accurate.
To get to the market from where the large songteows go, turn right into Phangna Rd on leaving the bus station and walk to where the road ends. Turn left then right at the roundabout immediately after. Walk along this road and you will see them several hundred metres along. Choose the one to the beach you want.
The ones returning from Patong will arrive here, but if enough persons want to go to the bus station (in our case six persons) we were charged an extra B10 each and were dropped off there.
The Writer also noticed songteows coming into the bus station heading to Patong, as well as a couple parked and then leaving next to the airport bus.
Limousine usually referrs to a larger sedan, such as Toyota Camry, with leather seats, etc. They cost around 600-700 baht to go to Kata Beach. Considering the drive is about an hour long, this is one of the best options to get to Kata Beach.
Patong can (just about) be covered on foot, but there are plenty of taxis and motorbikes to get you around. The cost of these is one of the main down sides to Patong as they are unregulated and charge what they please.
Phuket has two types of taxi - millions (or so it seems) of small songthaew-style minivans (usually bright red, occasionally bright yellow), and very few conventional sedan-style taxis (yellow and red, with a "TAXI-METER" sign on top).
The minivans have no meter, and their drivers are notoriously mercenary, so always agree a price beforehand and do bargain hard. Short hops typically cost B200 since the one way system was invoked.
For longer distances the metered taxis are generally more suitable.
Motorbike taxi rides within Patong start around 40 baht, though for any non-walkable distance you might find it hard to get a ride for less than 100.
There are many sorts of beaches on Phuket, if one wants unspoiled and natural then Patong is not your kind of place, but there are many unspoiled beaches in the north and south of this beautiful island. Patong is for those of you who like a developed resort with a wonderful nightlife.
- Kalim Beach (หาดกะหลิม Hat Kalim). Just north of Patong Bay, starting from about the Novotel Phuket Resort Patong to Thavorn Beach Village, this area consists of rocky but quiet beaches, and an interesting road leading up into hills with high viewpoints and a few good quality restaurants perched on the edge and top. Some housing compounds are now being built on the hillsides and the whole area is steadily moving upmarket.
Snorkelling and scuba diving
There are many big scuba diving companies located in Patong. The dive centres offer full dive courses and introductory dives.
- Phuket-Diver, . Snorkelling and scuba diving, gear rental, maps and information.
- Thailand Divers, . Day trips to Koh Racha Yai for either scuba diving or snorkelling. A full day trip can provide amazing scenery both above and below the surface. Trips are available daily, all year round.
- Underwater Holidays _ Similan Islands Liveaboards, ☎ +66 (0) 76 292 052, . Scuba diving holidays to the Similan National Marine Park, Thailand.
- Simon Cabaret, . Pay to see the world famous ladyboy show at Simon Cabaret.
- Cocktails and Dreams, (near the Tiger complex off Bangla road), . See a ladyboy cabaret for free at Cocktails and Dreams.
- Muay Thai. Pay to see Muay Thai - Thai Boxing at the Soi Tan Stadium, tickets available from the old Bangla Stadium next to Margarita Bar.
Massage and spa
- Bali Hai, 200 Years Rd. Have a massage, Bali Hai is one that can be recommended.
- Oriental de Phuket, . Nails spas
- Jet-skiing, para-sailing and other water-sports. Be very careful when renting a jet-ski in phuket. There is a well known and notorious scam where tourists are falsely accused of damaging the jetskis and extorted out of huge sums of money (in the many tens of thousands of baht). The extortionists are extremely persistent and are known to use threats of physical violence and the police will not help because they get a cut of the proceeds. See . The general consensus seems to be that to stay safe you should *not* rent a jetski in Thailand and if you do make sure it is through an agency you trust, eg your hotel (if you trust your hotel). Note: There is no insurance when doing these.
- Take a river cruise with River Rovers.
- Do a Fishing Trip . Including: stay on a Private Island, fishing on a Thai fishing boat inc. guides, snorkeling and swimming, seafood barbecue dinner. You can have a private fishing trip for your group only. You can rent the private island for a Private Party on the island.
- Patong Language School,  5/11-12 Had Patong Road, (two minutes walk from the beach) tel. +66-76-340373 open M-F 9AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-4PM. Teaches languages (Thai, English, German and Japanese, rates depend on group or private and length of study), approved by the Thai Ministry of Education, accredited by CSN Sweden, and Bildungsurlaub Germany.
- Take a two hour Thai kickboxing lesson for around 300 baht.
One of Patong's main attractions, besides the nightlife, is shopping. Patong Beach transforms into a large night bazaar every evening, when all the main roads become clogged with stalls selling handicrafts, silk scarves, sarongs and a variety of beach clothes, leisure wear, leather goods and luggage, CDs etc. Bargain hard for anything you buy from these stalls, as everything is negotiable in Patong and starting prices are often ridiculously high. Get a local to help you haggle rather than complain about it. Save yourself to bargain and overpay. Shopping at shopping malls in Phuket is a lot safer and cost effective. Price of a pair of sunglasses for example will be the same price as stalls on beach road (non-bargain).
Fake goods from the many stalls are all over the place. Quality is normally poor. The Thai government recently introduced a new law making it a criminal offence to buy or sell pirated goods. Although no cases involving tourists have been reported at the time of writing, the risk does exist that goods that violate intellectual property rights may be liable to confiscation at the airport.
- Jaspal Tailor, (off Soi Bangla), . Get a designer suit or dress made for peanuts. Jaspal Tailor is a good place to start.
- Jungceylon (จังซีลอน), 181 Thanon Rat-U-Thit 200P (near the northern end of Bangla Road)  is Patong's first full-fledged modern air-con shopping mall, complete with 200 shops, integrated hotel, etc. The launch was postponed several times in the wake of the 2004 tsunami, but it opened in July 2007. The foodcourt in the basement has various types of local food, mostly Indian and Thai. It is a good value commercial canteen in style with tables in the middle and food vendors set into walls around table area.
- Ocean Plaza Bangla Patong. Small department store on Bangla Road.
- Patong OTOP Shopping Paradise, Thanon Rat-U-Thit 200P (south end). You might be excused for thinking that this has something to do with the "One Tambon, One Product" scheme to promote local industry, but no, turns out this market sells exactly the same copies of branded clothes and mass-produced handicrafts as everybody else. At least there's a fairly wide selection to choose from.
Patong offers an amazingly cosmopolitan array of eating options, including Arabic, French, German, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Scandinavian and pretty much any country that sends tourists here. Prices are, however, generally inflated (at least by Thai standards). You can expect to pay about 150 baht for basic meals like fried rice unless you really hunt around. Seafood is priced by weight and is not cheap either. If you're looking for a good food court, visit Jungceylon (See Buy).
- 99 Seafood Restaurant, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Rd (opposite the Royal Paradise Hotel). An open-air restaurant that has excellent seafood selections. The price is also quite affordable and the place is usually busy at night.
- The 9th Floor Restaurant & Bar, Sky Inn Condotel, 47 Rat-U-Thit Rd, ☎ 076 344 311 (after 4 pm), . The 9th Floor is an open air restaurant in Phuket and has a 270 degree panoramic view over Patong. With its varied menu of Mediterranean and International dishes, a large selection of quality wines from around the world, a humidor with fine Cuban cigars, and a range of innovative cocktails, not to mention beautiful, attentive waitresses, The 9th Floor is the place to be seen and to enjoy fine dining on the island.
- Ali Baba and Ali Baba 2, 2 Ruamchai Rd and 206/17 Rat-U-Thit Rd. These two restaurants have two separate menus for two separate cuisines, namely Indian and Arabic. Both locations offer air-con inside and smoking waterpipes outside. Watch out for the 150 baht portions of rice and tomato-heavy curries which may not be everyone's cup of tea. Appetizers 60-100 baht, mains around 200-350 baht.
- Baan Rim Pa, Prabaramee Rd, ☎ 076 340 789, . Impressive wooden carving decor, fabulous location on the cliff, excellent royal Thai Food.
- Baan Yin Dee Restaurant, 7/5 Muen Ngen Rd, ☎ 076 294 104(-5), . Baan Yin Dee offers a fusion of European and Thai food in a warm and relaxed atmosphere, with a discreet ambience and outstanding service.
- Casablanca Restaurant (ร้านอาหาร คาซาบลังกา), 135/23 Rat-U-Thit Road, ☎ 076 340 666. Get to the heart of Arabian taste and dining experience right here.
- La Diva, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Rd (is in a dead-end alley off Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee). It is a bit off the beaten path but you can find it right next to an Austrian, a Belgian, and a Mexican restaurant (go figure) at the bend of the alley. You can easily see it by its colorful neon sign. La Diva itself has a Latin theme and plays Latin pop non-stop. However, the menu is all Thai. And the Thai food there is the best I've ever had anywhere. One should not miss the green curry chicken (Gang Kiew Wan Gai) and the king prawn with glass noodles (goong po woon sen).
- Floyd's Brasserie, (at Burasari Resort), ☎ 076 370 000, .
- Green House and Balcony Restaurant, Bangla Rd. Extensive menu covering Thai and Western food, plus pastries and snacks from the in-house bakery. Terrace seating outside and air-con restaurant inside. A bit pricy though with most everything over 100 baht. 100+ baht.
- Karlsson's Restaurant & Steak House, Soi Patong Tower, 108/16 Taweewong Rd, . 15:00-00:00 daily. A good choice for imported steaks and Scandinavian specialities.
- Lim's Restaurant & Bar, Kalim Beach (follow Beach Road out of Patong, turn right at Soi 7 after Kalim Beach, on your right 500m into the soi), . 18:30-22:30 daily. Lim's is a nice hide-away from the busy streets of Patong, with modern Thai cuisine served. LIM's also has an adjacent art gallery of modern style.
- Oceanview Restaurant, Patong Lodge, 284/1 Prabaramee Rd, . 11:00-00:00 daily. Serving various kind of international and Thai food. Reasonable price and good value for money.
- The Old Fisherman's, Novotel Phuket Resort (at Kalim Beach). 18:30-22:30 daily. This restaurant has Thai and international food. Reasonable prices for a hotel outlet.
- Patong Seafood Restaurant, 130 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ 0 76341244-5. One of the finest seafood restaurants on Phuket serving local delicacies.
- The Roma, (down one of the little streets along Patong but easy to see you do go past MacDonalds). Good for imported Italian pasta and pizza, has indoor and outdoor seating.
- Sam's Steak House, Holiday Inn Resort, 52 Thaweewong Rd, . 18:00-22:15 daily. Sam's serves the finest steaks only from top quality US or Aussie beef, free salad bar with all steak orders. Moderate to high price depending on the kind of food ordered but good value.
- Savoey (เสวย), 136 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ 076 341171, . One of the better seafood restaurants in Patong.
- Spice House, Jungceylon Shopping Centre, Rat-U-Thit Rd. 12:00-22:00 daily. Offers authentic Russian, modern Thai and traditional Japanese cuisine.
- The Yorkshire Inn, Soi Sansabai. This restaurant has "fabulous" European and British food, and an "amazing" Sunday lunch which is repeated on Wednesday.
Patong's nightlife spills out in all directions but the center of the maelstrom is Thanon Bang La and its four sois - Crocodile, Eric, Gonzo and Seadragon, packed with a frenetic mix of pubs, beer bars, and go-go bars. Soi Crocodile is also known as Soi Katoey, a reference to its many transexuals. There are also a couple of good nightclubs with dance floors - an unusual sight in Thailand otherwise. Watch out for the lady bars in Bangla, a few of them offer cocktails but the drinks are known to be spiked by the aggressive "ladyboys".
- De Tapas Bar, Nanai road 91/1, ☎ +66 8 48522404, . 10PM-midnight. Only Spanish restaurant on the island of Phuket, with Spanish chef. Medium prices, high food quality 220.
- Molly Malone's is a nice place to sit down and have a decent pint or two. The prices are a bit high, but if you need some good pub food and want to sit back and watch the human traffic plus the great music band, this is a good enough pub.
- Get your bearings and great advice about the island from the super friendly management at Zasa Bar, soon to be renamed The Manchester Arms, opposite Jungceylon Shopping Plaza.Zasa's Manchester Arms  It's also the best place to watch the sports and they have an occasional live music Jam with some of the island's best musicians. They are also the only bar in town playing music from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. Reasonable prices and they have Aussie beers and Tetley's Bitter from the UK on draught.
- Irish Bar Is another nice and less expensive place also on Beach Road, though not with a view of the beach. One of the only places in Patong to sell Guinness, it also has a Celtic cross made with Guinness cans.
- Rock City at the very top of Soi Bangla, opposite end from the beach, is a palace built to Rock Music called Rock City. They promise to 'rock your ass off' and they do with excellent rock tribute bands. It's like going to a mini gig every night. A bit pricy but well worth it.
- Rock City - for those about rock - just down the beach road from Saxophone this place is easily spotted due to a giant, neon guitar outside. Live, hard rock and tribute bands performed by excellent musicians in a great atmosphere. Don't miss it.
- Saxophone - on the beach road is the little brother of Bangkok's most famous live music venue. They have top quality Jazz, Blues, funk and soul outfits there each night and the place is very well designed. Can be hit and miss with the bands but usually very good quality.
There is a sex industry, but it easily avoided if you stay off the main drag of Bangla Road. This is mainly populated by visitors who are curious and mostly sex tourists.
- Andaman Queen (อันดามัน ควีน) Patong Beach (a Go Go Cabaret)
- Atrium Lobby Lounge (แอทริม ลอบบี้ เล้าจ์) ☎ +66 7 623 3333, Fax:+66 7 623 3335 (hotel lobby cafe & restaurant)
- Banana Disco (บานาน่า ดิสโก้) Patong Beach
- Baya Beach Disco (บายา บีช ดิสโก้) Patong Beach
- Clublime Disco, Patong beach road, ☎ +66 8 7871195 (disco)
- La Saisa Bar (ลา ใสสา บาร์) Patong Beach
- Old Dutch Bar (โอ ดัช บาร์) Patong Beach
- New Star Club (นิว สตาร์ คลับ) Patong Beach, Bangla Rd
- Little Aussie Town Aussie Bar - OTOP Shopping Paradise, Rat-U-Thit 200 Year Road, Patong Beach 
- Reggae Bar (แรกเก้ บาร์) End of soi Seadragon, Bangla Rd, Patong Beach
- Relics Pub (รีลิกซ์ ผับ) Patong Beach, Sai Namyen Rd
- Rock Hard (ร๊อค ฮาร์ด) Patong Beach, Bangla Rd (a Go Go Bar)
- Siam Indigo Bar & Restaurant (สยาม อินดิโก้ บาร์ แอนด์ เรสเตอร์รอง) ☎ +66 7 625 6697, Fax:+66 7 625 6697 (exotique hotel & restaurant)
- Tai Pan Bar (ไทยป่าน บาร์) Patong Beach (a Go Go Bar)
- Tiger Disco (ไทเกอร์ ดิสโก้) Patong Beach, Bangla Rd
- YoYo's Bar (โยโย่ บาร์) Patong Beach
Boogie at either Tai Pan, Banana, Tiger, D-Club, Hollywood, Baya Beach or Seduction discos.
- Banana Disco, Thanon Thawiwong (50 m south of Bangla Road) - entry 300 baht, including 2 drinks. Small but good DJ.
- D Club, Soi Crocodile, Bangla Road  - recently opened nightclub under joint Thai/Swedish ownership
- Hollywood Club, Thanon Bangla  - opened in August 2008 and very popular, pulling in many of the nearby bar girls after work, and a lot of young tourists. Plays dance and contemporary pop music, unfortunately not over the best sound system/acoustics. Features 'prize throw' giveaways.
- Pinky Bar,  the most famous bar of bangla road in soi crocodile, dance music and lap dance.
- Tai Pan, the daddy of all Patong's disco's, the best music and lights and always very busy, at the top of Soi Bangla at the traffic lights end of the road.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:
|| Under 1,000 baht
|| 1,000 baht to 2,500 baht
|| Over 2,500 baht
Accommodation is rather expensive during the peak season with simple A/C rooms ranging from 500-1500 baht; fan rooms start around 300 baht but availability is limited. In the low season, air-con rooms are easily found from around 300 baht and up. You can usually get a better deal for the more expensive rooms by using one of the local travel shops. It pays to haggle with them.
- Anchalee Inn, . Basic clean ensuite rooms with no windows at South end of beach. About 15 min walk from Bangla Rd. Helpful staff. No joiner fee.
- Andaman Place Guest House, ([email protected]), . A friendly, clean, safe guesthouse situated at Patong Beach. All rooms have A/C, refrigerator and cableTV.
- Arimana Hotel, 64/1 Nanai Rd., Patong Beach, Kathu. (close to Jungceylon (big department store in Patong Beach and Banzaan Thai markets), ☎ +66 76 342 782 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 342 707), . Well-isolated from noisy traffic of beach road. Easily accessible by car and public transport, no joiner fee, WiFi, cable and swimming pool.
- Baan Nitra Guesthouse, 47 Nanai Rd, Patong beach (next to Royal Crown resort), ☎ +66 810812000, . 11 rooms and 2 dorm rooms with 2 bunk beds each (4 people/room), one shower and a big fan. Each bed has a locker. Clean simple and cheap. 199 baht. (7.893053990132159,98.30482721328735)
- Golden Buddha Guesthouse, Soi Nanai 157/9 (close to Mae Ubol and Banzaan Thai Markets), ☎ +66 84 843 1776 ([email protected]), . Comfortable rooms, easy bus trip to the beach, no joiner fee, WiFi, cable, food and coffee downstairs. 700-1,100 baht.
- The Grand Orchid Inn-Patong Beach, 78/17-18 Soi Dr Wattana, Beach Rd, ☎ +66 76 292350, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 50 m from Patong Beach and very close to the entertainment of Bangla Rd. All rooms have free WiFi, A/C, minibar, satTV, complimlentary bottled water and free beach towel use. 600 baht.
- Hollywood Beach Hotel, 10/3 Sawatdirak Rd Patong Beach, Amphur Kathu., ☎ +66 76 341 718, . 28 full A/C units including superior room and deluxe room at economical rates, all have balcony, cableTV, and mini bar. Internet, pool table, and professional massage room. From 1,700.
- Kaya House, ([email protected]), . A friendly, clean, safe guesthouse situated at Patong Beach. All rooms have A/C, refrigerator and cable TV.
- Hotel Orchid Residence, 171/22 Soi Sansabai Rd Patong Beach,, ☎ +66 76 345176, . A/C, TV, DVD, WiFi. 100 m to Nightlife district at Bangla Rd. Low season from 650 baht. High season from 1,500 baht.
- Patong Palmview Resort. 135/1 Nanai Road Patong Beach, ☎ +66 76 344837. . 20 spacious rooms on the lower slopes of the mountains of Patong Beach Bay. 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. Hotel swimming pool. From 711-3,000 baht inc. taxes.
- Patong Sunbeach Hotel, 207/4 Soi 6 Nanai Rd Patong Beach, Kathu., ☎ +66 76 292 912, . Patong Sunbeach Hotel is located in Phuket, Thailand. It offers 16 rooms and 2 big apartments, all of which have balcony, air-condditioner, cableTV, DVD player, and mini bar. Jacuzzi/bath in the tropical garden, internet kiosk in the bar. Airport transfers. From 1,755 baht.
- Hotel Swiss Garden, 169/20 soi Sansabai (100 m to nightlife destrict bangla road), ☎ +66 76 345176 (fax: 076345177), . Lowseason 650 baht, high season 1,500 baht.
- Sea Blue Phuket Hostel and Guesthouse, 74/11 Soi Banzaan. (250 m behind Jungceylon Mall, near the corner of Banzaan Market Rd and Nanai Rd), ☎ +66 76 344 405 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 344 405), . Private rooms and shared hostel dormitory rooms. Clean, quiet and safe. Free WiFi, lockers, cableTV, friendly, relaxed atmosphere. 150 baht for shared hostel dorm beds, private rooms and family rooms from 450 baht, varies by season. (+7.890057,+98.303411)
- SquareOne, 241/34 Rat-U-Thit Rd., ☎ +66 76 341 486 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 340873), . Swimming pool, WiFi, free Internet.
- Sunset Mansion, , Comfortably furnished rooms and apartments.
- The Tavern, 104/37 Thaweewong Rd Patong Beach. (end of Soi Post Office, 100 m from beach), ☎ +66 89 868 1073 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 344491), . Rooms above a bar run by a Thai/British couple, close to the beach. A/C, minibar, hot water. From 500 baht (low season). ]
- Mussee Patong Hotel, 34/44 Prachanukrao Rd., Katu, ☎ +66 90 479 9053, . Superior and deluxe rooms, all equipped with A/C, 32-inch LCD TV and telephone. The Chali Restaurant & bar, swimming pool with jacuzzi and free WiFi. From 1,700 baht.
- Citrus Heights Patong, 160/36 Phang Muang Sai Kor Road (walking distance to Patong Beach), ☎ +66 76 358000 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 358099), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 77 rooms hotel with large rooms, quite modern facilities and has private balconies overlooking the mountains. Swimming pool & car park available too. Close to restaurants and & pubs.
- The Belle Resort, 104/31-33 Soi Prisanee, Thaweewong Rd, Kathu. (Patong Beach), ☎ +66 76 292 782, . Rooms have a modern design, A/C, cableTV, and a coffee/tea maker. High-speed Internet, swimming pool, and massage service are available. From 1,500 baht.
- Club Bamboo Boutique Resort, 247/ 1-8 Nanai Rd., ☎ +66 76 345 345, +66 76 345 346, . 46 A/C rooms, a bathtub or jacuzzi, satTV, 24 hr in-house movie channel, IDD telephone, internet, and a veranda or balcony. Swimming pool and waterfall, spa and fitness centre, and 24 hr reception.
- Bamboo Beach Hotel and Spa, 2 Soi Prabaramee 7, Prabaramee Rd., ☎ +66 76 344 380, . 38 rooms in three low-rise buildings surrounded by a tropical garden. Each room has A/C, fully stocked mini bar, satelliteTV, coffee and tea making facilities, and a safety deposit box.
- Patong Paragon Resort & Spa, 280 Prabaramee Rd. Patong, Krathu., ☎ +66 76 290 555, . 7 suites and 114 rooms have modern spacious tropical interiors, large bathrooms and balconies most of which overlook the sea and the beach.
- Phuket Tropical Inn, 147 / 1 Nanai Rd. Baankanchana 6, Patong Beach, ☎ +66 88 765 1826, . A relatively new small boutique hotel. 12 good size clean rooms in a quiet corner of Nanai Road.
- Add Mansion, (แอ๊ด แมนชั่น), 209/25-26 Rat-Uthit 200 Pi Rd, Tambon. ☎ +66 76 294 430, +66 76 294 431. 15 rooms. From 1,300-1,500 baht.
- Aloha Villa, (อโลฮา วิลล่า), 145/2 Rat-Uthit 200 Pi Rd, Tambon. ☎ +66 76 345 733, +66 76 34 5742. (fax:+66 76 345 743) , 121 rooms. From 1,100-2,500 baht
- Amici Miei Hotel, Soi Banzaan 74/38, ☎ +66 76 296 062. Italian owner. Clean & stylish rooms. Located only 1 min. from the main shopping mall, but that means also at the far end of things from the beaches, so expect a ~20 min. walk. Street-side rooms can be noisy. From 1,300 baht for double.
- C&N Hotel, 151 Rat-U-Thit Song Roi Pi Rd., Patong Beach. (In its own Soi about 50 m from the corner of Bangla Rd). . ☎ +66 76 341 892, +66 76 341 893, (fax +66 76 341 895). 3 storey hotel with a friendly management is double glazed throughout and therefore relatively peaceful at night in spite of its location in the heart of the nightlife action. The hotel has its own massage parlour, restaurant and beauty salon in addition to free overnight parking facilities. Complimentary free airport transfer by A/C minibus for bookings of 3 days or more. Rooms from 1,000 baht.
- KN Guesthouse, ☎ +66 76 294 151, . (off Ratuthid Rd on Soi Jintana, near the Paradise complex). Swimming pool and restaurant. Squeaky clean and great hosts. From 1,200 baht.
- Komma Bar & Guesthouse, (south end of the main Patong strip, across the road from the beach). Food, warm vibes and hotel quality rooms for 1,400 baht.
- Patong Inn, 128 Taweewong Rd. ☎ +66 76 292545. Right in the middle of everything, just across the road from the beach and steps away from Bangla Road. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable. 2,000 baht including breakfast for 2 people.
- Yorkshire Inn, Central location, nice people, and great rooms and suites starting from 1,200 baht.
- Patong Lodge Hotel, 284/1 Prabaramee Rd. ☎ +66 76 341 020, . On a hill between the end of Patong and Kalim beaches, overlooking the Andaman Sea. Walking distance to the beach, 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. From 1,000-5,000 baht.
- Patong Palmview Resort, 135/1 Nanai Rd. ☎ +66 76 344 837, . 20 spacious rooms in the foothills of Patong Beach Bay, 5 min. drive to the centre of Patong. Swimming pool and relaxation area. From 790-3,000 baht inc tax.
- Quality Resort Patong Beach,  South of Patong Beach and close to the beach.
- Sensive Hill Hotel, 79/67 Moo 6, Tambon Kathu, Amphur Kathu., ☎ +66 76 203012, . A/C rooms, bathroom with shower, cableTV, mini-bar, internet, telephone, radio, hair dryer, safe and daily breakfast. Restaurant, bar, 2 outdoor swimming pools, fitness room and parking. From 1,900 baht.
- SM-Resort, Patong Beach. ☎ +66 76 512 494 
- Silver Resortel, 3/37 Sawadirak Rd., ☎ +66 76 341 200, +66 76 341 201 ([email protected]), . The rooms are decorated in an Asian and Lanna style. From 1,000 baht.
- Villaguna Residence, 118/7, Phrabaramee Rd, ☎ +66(0)76454221, . Deluxe pool villa and beach suite, all equipped with 37-inch LCD TV, Mini-bar and safe. Facilities and services are swimming pool and outdoor sun lounger with bathrobes. From 8,000 baht.
- Citin Plaza Patong, 34/50-57 Prachanukhro Rd (Walking distance to Patong Beach), ☎ +66 7 635 8100 ([email protected], fax: +66 7 635 8199), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: noon. Location is good, a short walk to Patong beach, 248 rooms hotel with roof top swimming pools, a restaurant, Bistro Cafe serving local and international food. Other facilities include a bar lounge and a gym. From 1,550 baht.
- Royal Phawadee Village, 3 Sawatdirak Rd., ☎ +66 76 344 622 ([email protected]), . Thai-style pavilions are placed strategically throughout the resort leaving pleasant open green spaces. From THB 2,500.
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort, (แอ็บโซลูท ซีเพิร์ล บีช รีสอร์ท), 42/1 Thawiwong Rd. ☎ +66 76 341 901-10. (fax: +66 76 341 122). Bangkok. ☎ +66 2 9507 7526, . 65 rooms. 4,200-20,000 baht.
- Amari Coral Beach Resort, (อมารี คอรัล บีช รีสอร์ท) 2 Mun-Ngoen Rd. ☎ +66 76 340 106-10, (fax: +66 76 340 115), . The only resort up on the small hill at the east end of Patong Beach and away from the noise of the town. Very peaceful, views, nice staff. From US$138-315.
- Andaman Beach Suite, (อันดามัน บีช สวีท), 60/12 Rat-Uthit Rd. ☎ +66 76 341 879-83, (fax:+66 76 340 893, . 91 rooms. 2,000-4,500 baht
- Burasari, 18/110 Ruamjai Rd. ☎ +66 76 292 929, . Boutique resort in a quiet soi on the south side of Patong. 15 m from the beach. Swimming pool, deluxe pool acces rooms. Regular room rates from 2,700/4,000 baht-low/high season.
- Diamond Cliff Resort, . (Northern end of Patong on the hillside above the town). Views of Kalim beach. 333 rooms and suites in 20 acres of gardens, all with private balconies. Low-season rates are from 5,797 baht for the super deluxe (double/twin) rooms.
- Holiday Inn Resort, . 15 min from Phuket town in its own grounds and nearby to Patong beach. 265-room main wing or 140 studio and villa rooms in the Busakorn wing with 2 swimming pools. From 3,700-5,600 baht.
- Impiana Phuket Cabana, . Boutique resort at Patong Beach. 70 rooms with full services and amentities. From 8,800 baht for a superior, Patong-facing room. 15,400 baht/night for Impiana suite.
- Novotel Phuket, . Next to the Diamond Cliff with views over Patong Beach and the sea. 6 restaurants including the "Old Fisherman" seafood restaurant. 215 rooms. From 3,260 baht.
- Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, Nakalay Bay, . Beach and sea views. 119 villas and 75 bungalows.
- Phuket Resort Hotel, .
- Sunset Beach Resort, North Patong. .
- Deevana Patong Resort & Spa. . In 12 acres of tropical gardens on Patong Beach. 45 minutes from Phuket International Airport and a 10 minute walk to Patong beach.
- Horizons Hotels Phuket, 64/39 Thaweewong Rd, Patong Beach. . ☎ +66 76 292 526. 160 rooms in 1-3 storey buildings. All rooms have bathtub/shower, toiletries, cableTV and A/C.
- Baan Paradise Patong Villa, Patong. . ☎ (Indonesia)+62 361 869 1881. Private villa, 5 master bedrooms, 5 bathrooms,14 m infinity edge pool, 180⁰ views of Patong Bay. 60 inch wall mounted plasmaTV, DVD, Sony playstation, american pool table, WiFi, 2 fully equipped kitchens. 2 full time maids, villa manager can organise everything from poolside massages or a baby elephant to entertain the children. From US$900/night.
- Patong Beach Lodge, 207/21-25, 207/29-31 Rat-u-thid Rd, ☎ +66 76 292-400, . A swimming pool is a short walk from the rooms. You can chill at the bar or sunbathe at the pool. 2,800 baht.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!