Map of the 16th Arrondissement
- Palais du Trocadéro. Great perspective on the Eiffel Tower and Left Bank.
- Musée Marmottan, 2 rue Louis-Boilly, 16th (Metro: La Muette), ☎ 01.44.96.50.33, . 11am-9pm Tues; 11am-6pm Wed-Sun. Last entry 30 min before closing. Monet's best works are in this charming museum, which contains the largest Monet collection in the world as well as works by Renoir, Manet, Berthe, Caillebotte and Gauguin.
- Musée en Herbe, Jardin d'Acclimation, Bois de Boulogne (Métro: Les Sablons), ☎ +33 1 40 67 97 66, . Monday through Sunday 10AM to 7PM.. With a teaching style based on fun and humour, the Musée en Herbe offers classes and games about art especially designed for children. Observation, imagination and identification games permit kids to discover the works of art and objects shown, at their own pace. The exhibits are all hands-on so kids can have a free reign in the museum, and if that's not enough there are workshops as well. 4€ for the exhibitions, €8 for the workshops, but add €2.70 for entrance to the garden. Some discounts are available..
- Jardin d'Acclimatation, . The northwest corner of the Bois de Boulogne is occupied by the oldest operating amusement park in the world, the Jardin d'Acclimatation, which is mainly known for offering a wide range of amusements which are appropriate even for very small children. They have miniature roller-coasters for children as small as three years, and the usual range of pony rides etc.
The Bois de Boulogne is a park located along the western edge of the 16ème arrondissement of Paris, near the suburb of Boulogne-Billancourt. The Bois de Boulogne has an area of 8.459 km² (3.266 sq. miles, or 2,090 acres), which is 2.5 times larger than Central Park in New York, and 3.3 times larger than Hyde Park in London. At night time, the area welcomes a different scene, and becomes one of Paris' most prominent red-light districts.
- French Open  — The second of each year's four Grand Slam tennis tournaments is held over two weeks in late May and early June at Stade Roland Garros in the Bois de Boulogne. The venue is open for tours year-round whenever tournaments are not scheduled, and the French Tennis Federation operates its national museum of the sport, the Tenniseum , at the site.
- Paris Saint-Germain  — Football club currently playing in the top-level Ligue 1. Home ground is Parc des Princes. Ticket information is available online only in French . WARNING: The Kop of Boulogne, at the Boulogne end of the ground, is one of the most notorious stands in world football, infamous for its large number of violent and racist supporters.
- Stade Français  — Rugby club in the Top 14, and a perennial title contender. Stade's traditional home ground is Stade Jean-Bouin, across the street from Parc des Princes, but at least three home matches a year are played at the country's largest stadium, Stade de France in the suburb of Saint-Denis. Ticket information is available online in English . Note: Stade Jean-Bouin has been closed while a completely new stadium is being built on the site. The club will play most of its home games through the 2012–13 season at Stade Sébastien Charléty in the 13th arrondissement.
- Horse racing — Some of the world's best Thoroughbred racing can be seen at two venues in the Bois de Boulogne. Hippodrome de Longchamp , used exclusively for flat racing, hosts many of France's top races, including the internationally famous Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe on the first weekend in October. Hippodrome d'Auteuil  is used exclusively for steeplechase racing, and hosts many top-quality races in that discipline.
- Carette, 4. Place du Trocadéro (Metro Trocadéro), ☎ +33 1 47 27 98 85. This Pâtisserie and Salon de thé also has great food. The salads are amazing, and there is delicious cakes for dessert. Big salads at €15.
- La Butte Chaillot, 110 bis, avenue Kleber (Métro: Trocadero), ☎ +33 1 47 27 88 88 ([email protected]), . A Guy Savoy restaurant Mains at €22.
- La Gare Chaussée De La Muette.
- Le Malakoff, 6 place du Trocadéro, ☎ +33 1 45537527 ([email protected]). Just take the menu of the day
- Le Coq, 2 place du Trocadéro, ☎ +33 1 47278952. A hip and trendy modern brasserie where the 16th arrondissement's posh population meets
- Café Brassac, 37, ave. Kléber (close to Metro station Kléber), ☎ +33 1 45 53 21 63, . Very nice cafe with good lunch and dinner. Lot's of people go their for business lunch
- L'Astrance (Alternative), 4 rue Beethoven, ☎ +33 1 4050 8440.
- Totem, 17 Place du Trocadero, ☎ +33 1 47 27 28 29. noon-2a M-Su. Get a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower from this restaurant-tearoom opposite the Champ de Mars. Just next to the Musee de l'Homme, there certainly are worse spots to grab a drink or two.
- Best Western Hotel Victor Hugo, 19 Rue Copernic. Centrally located, this hotel offers clean rooms at affordable prices.
- Hôtel Gavarni, 5,rue Gavarni, ☎ +33 1 45 24 52 82 ([email protected], fax: +33 1 40 50 16 95), . In the heart of the Passy village and its fashion boutiques, the hotel Gavarni is fully air-conditioned and touts itself as haven of peace and refinement. It's the first independent hotel in Paris to have been awarded the European Ecolabel. Free WiFi.
- Mon Hotel, 1 Rue d'Argentine, ☎ +33 1 45 02 76 76. With a relaxed and intimate atmosphere, the Mon Hotel caters for those seeking a stylish base in central Paris.
- Hotel Eiffel Kennedy, 12 Rue Boulainvilliers, ☎ +33 01 45 24 45 75, . This small hotel (33 rooms) offers all the basics that you would expect from a three star hotel. ~150.
- Hotel Belmont, 30, rue de Bassano 75016 Paris, ☎ +33 01 53 57 75 00, . Located a few metres from the Champs Elysées. From 110 euros..
- Hotel Regina Eiffel, 6, rue de la Tour 75016 Paris, . Located a few minutes from Trocadero, the Seine and the Eiffel Tower with a range of rooms and suites, from single to family.
- Le Parc, 55-57 Raymond Poincare, ☎ +33 1 44 05 66 66 ([email protected]). A quiet small hotel with a wonderful courtyard just north of place and metro Victor Hugo in walking distance from the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel tower and Trocadero. Wired internet at rooms. Rooms at €400..
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!