Parapat is a small town on the edge of Lake Toba.
From Medan there is a local bus (no air-con) about every hour for 22,000 rupiah (Oct 08) if you pay on the bus. The journey takes 4-6 hours, depending on the traffic condition.
- RAJA Taxi +62 617 366 555;
- PARADEP TAXI;
- TOBATRANSPORTER +62 85261492668 or [[email protected]]
will pick you up at the airport. Scheduled runs in an Toyota Inova (5 seaters vehicle) will cost you 100,000 IDR per person (Feb, 12). Alternatively, you can book the whole car or private van for 500,000 IDR. And sometimes if you had afternoon arrival flight in Medan (02.00 - 05.00 PM), could not be reach the last boat to Samosir Island (the famous destination), whom schedule for the last boat at 06.00 PM to Samosir Island; Tobatransporter could be help you to stay in their guest house in Parapat (stay over night, 100.000 IDR/r/n); and tomorrow morning get the first boat to Samosir Island start at 08.30 AM.
- Take a ferry boat to cross over to Samosir island.
7,000 IDR/person to Tuktuk, and to Tomok is 5,000 IDR/person in Tiga Raja jetty; they had other jetty in Ajibata with the same price 5,000 IDR/person to Tomok; just take 30 minutes from Tigaraja Jetty/Ajibata jetty to Tomok or Tuktuk. First boat from Tigaraja Jetty to Tuktuk start from 08.30 AM - 06.00 PM; every hour trip; and to Tomok they had last boat at 07.00 PM.
- Water scooters (150,000Rp per half hour, with a guide on-board)
- Speed boat rides; Private boat to Tomok or Tuktuk is take charge 700,000 IDR and just take 10 minutes to reach there.
- Self paddle "kiddle ride" boats (40,000Rp per hour)
- b.caro coffe shop, Haranggaol St. 114 (5 minutes from down town, 2 minutes from Tigaraja harbour), ☎ 062541306. The best coffee in this town. 3000 per cup.
- Charlie's Guesthouse - cheap and central. Overlooks the market (a bit noisy especially on Saturday) and is very close to the ferry station. Rooms are about 30,000 rupiah, pretty clean and with shower (2006).
- Niagara Hotel and Resort  - One of the better hotel you can get there, though only 2 to 3 stars. Can be crowded with families and Indonesians during peak period (weekends and public holidays).
- Tobatransporter Guesthouse, ☎ +6285261492668 ([email protected]). checkin: 12.00 PM; checkout: 01.00 PM. Quiet guest house, close to Niagara hotel, surrounded by pine trees. 150.000.
There is public bus (Sejahtera Bus) every hour to Medan; 22,000 per person (not air conditioned). Other options by Taxi Trans like Paradep Taxi or Tobatransporter and Raja Taxi who run the time schedule every hour; destination to Medan for 5 seaters share taxi(100,000 IDR/person) ,to Bukit lawang (170.000 IDR/person);to Berastagi (120,000 IDR/person); just made a reservation by call or SMS +6285261492668 or [[email protected]]; for 7 seaters share taxi to Medan (75.000 IDR/person);to Bukitlawang (150,000 IDR/person);to Berastagi (100,000 IDR/person); there is public bus to Bukit tinggi (12 hours drve from Parapat) take price 200,000 IDR/person; Taxi trans like Tobatransporter ([email protected] or +6285261492668) take 500,000 IDR/person (5 Seaters vehicle); more enjoyable, because they had several stop points like Equator in Bonjol
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|