Owen Sound is a city in Grey County. It has a population of approximately 21,000 people.
There are two main highways that enter into Owen Sound's East Side; Highway 26, which leads (driving east) to Meaford, and Highway 6-10, which leads (driving south) to Chatsworth. At Chatsworth, Highway 6-10 splits, and Highway 10 leads into Markdale. Owen Sound is within three hours of Toronto, Hamilton, Orillia and Barrie. Nearby popular destinations include Sauble Beach, Wasaga Beach, Village at Blue Mountain & Collingwood, Tobermory, and Horseshoe Valley.
Owen Sound provides a city bus transit system that runs every half hour on weekdays, every hour on weekends. The fare is $2.00 for adults, $1.25 for students and seniors. Too, there are numerous taxi companies in the city ($7 for travel on east side, $6 for west, $5 for downtown, generally). Traffic is generally light and roads are well maintained if you choose to drive, with plenty of parking spots. The downtown is a comfortable size to discover on foot, with most of the shopping clustered within several blocks of the center of town.
- The Sherman Tank Located at the Intersection of 10th Street East and 8th Avenue East. This vintage WWII tank sits outside the V.C. Tommy Holmes Armoury and makes for a great family photo.
- Inglis Falls The best known of three waterfalls surrounding Owen Sound. There's a picnic area adjacent to the falls and an extensive trail system in the surrounding forest that leads to Harrison Park.
- Inglis Falls Located at the top of second avenue east, these falls are a favorite tourist destination. There are many trails and great photos to be had year round. They are particularly beautiful in the winter.
- Billy Bishop Heritage Museum 948 3rd Avenue West This Museum is Dedicated to Billy Bishop, WWI aviation hero. Hours vary throughout the year so it would be wise to contact the museum ahead of time. The cost is $4.00CDN for adults, $2.00CDN for youth under 16, and $10CDN for a family. Preschoolers get in free.
- Westside Bowl Located on the West side of town, on the top of Tenth Street West Hill For a fun filled afternoon, Westside Bowl is the place to go. This bowling alley offers five and ten pin bowling, billiards, an arcade, a snack bar and a newly built motorcycle shop.
- Galaxy Theatre Located on the Sunset Strip showing the best Hollywood movies
- Grey Roots A large new museum featuring local historic events and issues.
- Harrison Park Famous parkland that has many activities for your family to do and see. There is a bird sanctuary, sledding hill, trails, the park Inn, camp sites, tons of forest, bluffs, rock outcroppings, etc 
- Owen Sound Nature, . There are many sights and sounds that Owen Sound has to offer, and many of them are natural. Visit our parks, escarpment, harbor, retreats, eateries, etc.
- ""Natural Happiness Guided Tours"" Offering Healing Journeys 
Hiking and Cycling Journeys
Fall Colour Journeys and Touring
Cultural and Art based Journeys
Camping in summer/fall/winter
- Mapleseed Gallery Woodturning, ☎ 519-270-5531, . One & two day (adult) woodturning courses focused on safety, comfort, skill development and having fun. No experience necessary
Owen Sound has many family owned businesses in its downtown area (eg. Fulfords, Buzzas, Nancy Lees). However, most of the large, commercial stores are located on 16th Street East, including the Heritage Place Shopping Center. This area is continuously expanding; a Boston Pizza opened in late 2006 and the new Harvey's/Swiss Chalet
is now open.
- Owen Sound Drive In Theatre, Hwy 70 at Springmount, Owen Sound, On N4K 5P5, ☎ 519-376-0808, . 9:30. Nice place to go out with your girlfriend or wife.
A wide away of fast food and chain restaurants are available.
- Coach Inn\ Jason's Pub
- Family Ties
- The Boot and Blade
- the Harrison Park Inn
- The Rusty Gull
- The Chaise Lounge
- Rocky Raccoons
- Shorty's Bar and Grill
- Norma Jeans
- Chef Wok
- Owen's Country Inn
- Wanda & Mike's
- The European Bakery Cafe
- Marketside Food Shop
- The Frog Pond Cafe
- The Little Rose Deli
- The Ginger Press
- The River Cafe - The fair trade coffee is superb, and the cause behind it supports women gaining freedom in other nations. The lunch menu is always changing...so be sure to ask for the daily specials..... The sweets are sweet....need I say more? 
- Humours Cafe
- The Harb. Closest thing to a club that you are going to find in Owen Sound, the bar also features a gentleman's club upstairs.
- The Coach Inn / Jason's Pub
- Bayside Billiards
- H2O Lounge (H2O Lounge), 937 2nd Ave. E, ☎ 226-668-0984, . Night club and lounge.
- Best Western (Inn on the Bay)
- There are many other Hotels and Motels in the area.