Jup, You can ski in Morocco.
Oukaimeden is a ski resort in the High Atlas. It is one of the few places in Morocco where skiing is possible, and it also boasts the highest ski lift in Africa (reaching 10,825 feet).
Morocco’s best ski resort and Africa’s highest at 10,734 feet. Drive towards the town of Setti Fatma in the Ourika Valley, the last exit before Setti Fatma at the foot of the mountain will take you to Oukaimeden. The road is covered and in good condition. To get you to the top you have your choice of chair lift, T-bar or donkey. The best skiing in the Atlas Mountains is found in January to February.
In January and February it's actually possible to get the distinct accomplishment of having skied in Africa under your belt. 45 kilometres south of Marrakech, high in the Atlas mountains, lies the "ski resort" Oukaimeden, sitting at 2,600m. The resorts single chairlift (or the optional donkey) takes you up to 3,258m – at the peak of Jebel Attar. One you're up there, there is five runs to take you down again, the longest of which is some 3 kilometres, alternatively take some of the less imposing drag lifts at the bottom of the slope. A one day ski pass should set you back some 90 Dirhams. There are four hotels to choose from if you want to sleep over.
- Amazigh Chalet (2700m), 57 oukaimeden circle (oukaimeden marrakech), ☎ 00212661618236. it is a nice new chalet in a spectacular landscape near mount Toubkal (4176m), the highest peak in North Africa. 3 rooms, American kitchen, chimney , it is a suitable place to go skiing in Africa, and also for trekking. you can email the owner for more questions or booking [email protected] 185 dollar.
- Argan Xtreme Sports (Bike Morocco), Rue Farima Al Fihria, Sidi Yuseff Ben Ali, ☎ +212 6 22278610, . Argan Xtreme Sports is the premier biking company in Marrakech offering both on and off-rode tours in Oukaimeden and the Atlas Mountains. We supply high quality Giant carbon and Aluxx frames for our road bikes and high travel duel suspension mountain bikes that are well suited for the rocky mountain terrain.
- Argan Xtreme Sports (Bike Morocco), Rue Fatima Al Fihria, SYBA Marrakech, ☎ +212 6 222 78610, . Argan Xtreme Sports is the premier biking company in Marrakech offering both on and off-rode tours in Oukaimeden and the Atlas Mountains. We supply high quality Giant carbon and Aluxx frames for our road bikes and high travel duel suspension mountain bikes that are well suited for the rocky mountain terrain.
Chez Juju, tajines, french saussage cassoulet, mixed grill, salad with goat cheese. Sunny terrace : + 212 524 319 005.
- Hotel Club Louka, on the right past the army camp just before the lifts, tel +212 524 319 080. Decent sized rooms but dirty with broken tiles and loose power sockets. The hotel is in desperate need of a refurbishment but with 101 rooms it is quite likely to have a vacant room. Although open in summer, it's near abandoned and empty.
- Chez Juju, new rooms chalet style with bathrooms. 00 212 524 31 90 05
- Club Alpin Francais The CAF refuge is quite substantial with rooms and dorms of various sizes. 00 212 24 31 90 36