Ottawa HillsEarth : North America : United States of America : Midwest (United States of America) : Ohio : Ottawa Hills
Ottawa Hills is a small village in the vicinity of Toledo (Ohio).
Situated in the woods outside Toledo, Ottawa Hills is 5 minutes from the Michigan Border, 15 minutes from Lake Erie, and walking distance from one of the best public park systems in the state.
Ottawa Hills can be accessed by local roads off US-475 or Ohio Route 20.
While Ottawa Hills doesnt provide any public transportation, the public transportation of Toledo is easily accessable from the area.
- Toledo Botanical Gardens - This picturesque estate is a major area attraction. It is colloquially known as a museum for plants.
- Fort Meigs - A must see. Period accurate reconstructed fort from the war of 1812, with reenactors, an onsite war museum and a lovely view!
- Metroparks Toledo - The greater Toledo Area is home to a nationally recognized public parks system. Many of these parks cut right through Ottawa Hills, and are always within walking distance.
- Toledo Museum of Art - One of the finest Art Museums in the US. Home to works by Cézanne, van Gogh, El Greco, Matisse, Monet, Picasso, Rembrandt, and many more.
- Toledo Zoo - A beautiful zoo and conservation center near Ottawa Hills that receives well over 1,000,000 visitors per year. This institution has been open since 1900.
Ottawa Park Golf Course - Beautiful 18 hole golf course near the University of Toledo.
Hiking and CampingEdit
Franklin Park Mall - A decent sized mall with most major brands.
Inky's A Toledo Area classic, family run italian. Located at 3945 N Detroit Avenue
The Beirut Authentic Lebanese Cuisine, located at 4082 Monroe Street
Schmucker's Hometown Diner, a great place to grab a slice of pie and some coffee on a rainy Sunday. Located at 2103 N Reynolds Road
Radisson at the University of Toledo - Hotel chain on Glendale Avenue.
Take local roads to either I 80 (for North/South travel) or I 475 (for East/West travel)