Sumiyoshi Taisha Taikobashi
South Osaka is the outer south district of Osaka.
- Sumiyoshi Shrine (住吉大社), (Access is from the Nankai line station of the same name; local trains run from Namba station in central Osaka.). One of Japan's oldest Shinto shrines, with a history stretching back 1800 years. Its traditional architecture is unusual amongst Japan's shrines, and its park-like surroundings with the sacred bridge arching over a tranquil pond make it a restful break from the busy environment of Osaka. Free.
- Cerezo Osaka, . The local J.LEAGUE soccer team plays at Nagai Stadium (KINCHO Stadium).
- Nagai Stadium, 1-1 Nagaikoen Higashi-Sumiyoshi-ku (5 minutes walk from Nagai Station on the Subway Midosuji Line), . Known as Kincho Stadium, Nagai Stadium is the home of the professional soccer team Cerezo Osaka.
- Osaka Municipal Nagai Youth Hostel (大阪市立長居ユースホステル), 1-1 Nagaikoen Higashisumiyosi-ku (5 minutes walk from Tsurugaoka Station on JR Hanwa Line,), ☎ +81 (6)-6699-5631, . ¥3000 per person per night. ¥1000 dinner, ¥500 breakfast..
- Bonsaiguesthouse, 1-4-13 Momodani Ikunoku Osaka city (1 minute walk from Momodani Station on the Osaka Loop.), ☎ +81 06 7492-8884 ([email protected]), . A new guesthouse. Dormitory ¥2500, private rooms ¥2800 per person.
- Hiro's guest house, 4-9-7 Momodani Ikuno-ku Osaka-shi Osaka 544-0034 (10-15 min walk from Tsuruhashi station. See website http://hirosguesthousemaps.blogspot.com/), ☎ +81 (0)6 7897-6608 ([email protected]), . checkin: from 2 pm; checkout: 12 pm. Hiro's guesthouse is in the heart of Korea town in Osaka. It is a little far from the station, but in a nice, social neighbourhood. The open first floor of the guesthouse is very social and great to hang out and make friends at. Hiro and the others go out of their way to help and ensure you have a good time - this is more than just a place to sleep at. Dormitory ¥2500, private rooms ¥3500 per person, free wifi and computer use.