Sumiyoshi Taisha Taikobashi
South Osaka is the outer south district of Osaka.
- Sumiyoshi Shrine (住吉大社), (Access is from the Nankai line station of the same name; local trains run from Namba station in central Osaka.). One of Japan's oldest Shinto shrines, with a history stretching back 1800 years. Its traditional architecture is unusual amongst Japan's shrines, and its park-like surroundings with the sacred bridge arching over a tranquil pond make it a restful break from the busy environment of Osaka. Free.
- Cerezo Osaka, . The local J.LEAGUE soccer team plays at Nagai Stadium (KINCHO Stadium).
- Nagai Stadium, 1-1 Nagaikoen Higashi-Sumiyoshi-ku (5 minutes walk from Nagai Station on the Subway Midosuji Line), . Known as Kincho Stadium, Nagai Stadium is the home of the professional soccer team Cerezo Osaka.
- Osaka Municipal Nagai Youth Hostel (大阪市立長居ユースホステル), 1-1 Nagaikoen Higashisumiyosi-ku (5 minutes walk from Tsurugaoka Station on JR Hanwa Line,), ☎ +81 (6)-6699-5631, . ¥3000 per person per night. ¥1000 dinner, ¥500 breakfast..
- Bonsaiguesthouse, 1-4-13 Momodani Ikunoku Osaka city (1 minute walk from Momodani Station on the Osaka Loop.), ☎ +81 06 7492-8884 ([email protected]), . A new guesthouse. Dormitory ¥2500, private rooms ¥2800 per person.
- Hotel Chuo (ホテル中央), 1-1-12 Taishi, Nishinari-ku; Hotel Chuo New Annex 1-1-11 Taishi, Nishinari-ku (Close to Shin Imamiya (JR Loop Line) and Dobutsuen-mae Stations.), ☎ +81 06 6647-4891, . Western and Japanese style rooms available. Rooms are simple, but clean. Traditional Japanese bath with comunual showers and hot pool open to men and women during seperate opening times in the morning and evening. Three additional private showers are available 24h. Showers and bath are on the ground floor. Wireless internet in rooms plus three internet connected computers in the lobby. Free tea and coffee in the mornings. No communal kitchen, but microwave and boiling water available in lobby. No curfew. Singles ¥2600-¥3200, twins ¥5200-¥7000.
- Hotel Mikado, 1-2-11 Taishi Nishinari-ku, ☎ +81 06-6647-1355, . checkin: 11.00; checkout: 10.00. Western and Japanese rooms, very friendly staff with great English. 24hr showers, free wi-fi, informative maps, 6 free computers, free bike hire + kitchen, extremely convenient location as it's one straight journey from/to Kansai Airport on the JR loop line. No curfew however no guests after 11. Single ¥1980, twin ¥4360.
- Hotel Taiyo (ビジネスホテル大洋), 23-2-1 Taishi Nishinari-ku (In front of Dobustuen-mae JR subway entrance.), ☎ +81 06 6631-0802 ([email protected]), . Free internet available in the lobby and nice rooms with a clean futon, TV, & fridge. Friendly staff at reception with minimal English and beer vending machine. Communal toilets and washroom with bath, sometimes can see Yakuza members in the washroom with their irizumi (tattoos)! Singles ¥2100, twins ¥3100.
- Hotel Toyo (ホテル東洋), 西成区太子1-3-5, . Some Japanese people seem to use this place as a de facto apartment, which is a testament to the low price and convenience of the hotel. Each room contains a futon, a fan/heater or AC, and TV. There is a shower room on the first floor, or you can use the public bath of the neighboring Hotel Taiyo for free. Internet is available in the small lounge for free, and free WiFi is available on every floor. Single without AC ¥1500, with AC ¥1700. ¥1000 discount for 10+ days advance reservation..
- Hiro's guest house, 4-9-7 Momodani Ikuno-ku Osaka-shi Osaka 544-0034 (10-15 min walk from Tsuruhashi station. See website http://hirosguesthousemaps.blogspot.com/), ☎ +81 (0)6 7897-6608 ([email protected]), . checkin: from 2 pm; checkout: 12 pm. Hiro's guesthouse is in the heart of Korea town in Osaka. It is a little far from the station, but in a nice, social neighbourhood. The open first floor of the guesthouse is very social and great to hang out and make friends at. Hiro and the others go out of their way to help and ensure you have a good time - this is more than just a place to sleep at. Dormitory ¥2500, private rooms ¥3500 per person, free wifi and computer use.