Opotiki  is a small coastal town in the Eastern Bay of Plenty on New Zealand's North Island. It is the starting point for coastal State Highway 35 which terminates in Gisborne.
- Opotiki Information Centre, . has some information about the region.
Opotiki is 30 minutes drive east of Whakatane.
- Air New Zealand, . has five direct daily flights to Whakatane, four from Auckland and one from Wellington with a flight time of 45 minutes. Rental cars are available at the airport.
Whakatane is 30 minutes drive away and is your best bet for car hire.
All car parking in Opotiki is free.
- Fibre and Fleece Fashion Show, De Luxe Theatre, Church St, Opotiki. 9th/10th/11th July.
- Waiotahi Beach, (a 5-10 minute drive west of Opotiki on State Highway 2.). This beach is patrolled by lifegaurds in summer and is a great place to swim, fish or relax. Every New Years Day (1 January) there is a beach sculpture competition. $5 per team, register by 9:30am. See the Opotiki information centre website for further event details.
- Horse riding.
- Golf (""Opotiki).
- Jet boat.
- Opotiki Golf Club, 4 Fromow Rd, Hospital Hill (Located off Sh2 from Whakatane, turn right before crossing the bridge to town.), ☎ (07) 315 7415, . A well maintained 18 hole, 70 par course. Basic equipment hire available.
- The drive to Gisborne around State Highway 35 features spectacular ocean views and remote settlements. (Allow 8 hours on the road.) Then return to Opotiki via State Highway 2 and the Waioeka Gorge. (Allow 11 - 12 hours on the road for the round trip.)