| || |
| || |
Revision as of 20:39, 13 June 2011
Ontario Hellinger Municipal Building
Ontario  is a city in Northwest Ohio in Richland County, Ohio, USA. It is a major regional retail hub serving the entire North-Central Ohio area, with a shopping population of over 150,000.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (IATA:CLE), PH: (216) 265-6030, . Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is Cleveland's main airport, located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is one of Continental Airlines' three U.S. hubs as well.
- Mansfield Lahm Airport (IATA:MFD), 2000 Harrington Memorial Rd., Mansfield, PH: (419) 522-2191, .
- Port Columbus International Airport, (IATA:CMH), 4600 International Gateway, Columbus, PH: (614) 239-4083, . Port Columbus International Airport is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- Ohio State Route 309 goes through the city of Ontario. It provides access to the city of Galion to the west and the city of Mansfield to the east.
- Ohio State Route 314 runs along the western city boundry of Ontario. It provides access to the village of Chesterville to the south and the city of Shelby to the north.
- Ohio State Route 430 starts out at Ohio State Route 309 in the city of Ontario and runs east along Park Avenue West through eastern Ontario. It provides access to the city of Mansfield and the village of Mifflin to the east.
Other busy throughfares in Ontario:
- Lexington-Springmill Road runs through the east side of the city of Ontario as a main busy route to the areas major regional retail center with access to the Richland Mall and U.S. Route 30. It also provides access to The Ohio State University Mansfield Campus/North Central State College and Ohio State Route 39 to the north and the village of Lexington to the south.
- Park Avenue West (Ohio State Route 309 and Ohio State Route 430) runs through the city of Ontario.
- West Fourth Street runs through the city of Ontario. It provides access to the Richland Mall and U.S. Route 30 to the west and the city of Mansfield to the east.
- Walker Lake Road runs through the northeast side of the city of Ontario as another busy route to the areas major regional retail center. It provides access to Oak Tree Golf Club and Rock Road to the west and Home Road and the city of Mansfield to the east.
- Home Road runs along the eastern city boundry of Ontario at Mansfield and is another busy throughfare.
- Richland County Transit (RCT), 232 N. Main St., Mansfield, ☎ +1 419-522-4504 (fax: +1 419-522-3157), . RCT operates local bus service five days a week, except for Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays. The RCT bus line operates 12 fixed routes within the cities of Mansfield and Ontario and Madison Township which provide a transportation network that can take you to work, school, appointments, or shopping.
- C & D Taxi, 201 Park Ave. East, Mansfield, ☎ +1 419-756-3333.
- Mansfield Checker Cab, 147 N. Adams St., Mansfield, ☎ +1 419-522-2222 (fax: +1 419-522-3777), . If you wish to get a cab in the Mansfield/Ontario area, you have to call for one. At the minimum you should call 30 minutes before you need a ride.
- Rock Road S. Bridge is a stone arch bridge over South Rock Road on an abandoned section of Conrail in Ontario, Ohio. The bridge was built in 1868 by the railroad. Over time, the stone arch bridge was widened using concrete, southern half is cut stone and northern half is concrete. In the late 1980s, the stone arch bridge was abandoned by the Erie Railroad. Today, the Rock Road S. Bridge is open to traffic and is a one-lane road going under the historic stone arch bridge with one vehicle going through at a time. 
- Oak Tree Golf Club, 1440 Old Oak Trail (Located off Walker Lake Road on Old Oak Trail in Ontario, Ohio), ☎ +1 419-747-4653, .
- Sunset Drive-In Theatre, 4018 Park Ave. West, ☎ +1 419-529-5676 ([email protected]), . Sunset Drive-In Theatre has the very best in the area for entertainment. Admission is $5.00 for everyone 12 years of age and over, children ages 5 thru 11 admission is $1.00 and children ages 4 and under admission is Free.
- Richland Mall, 2209 Richland Mall, ☎ +1 419-529-4003 ([email protected]), . Hours are M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 12PM-6PM.
- Gordon Food Service (GFS), 1310 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., ☎ +1 419-747-1212 (fax: +1 419-747-1188), .
- Meijer, 1355 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., ☎ +1 419-747-8364, . Open 24 hours, seven days a week. Ask for discount card.
- Walmart Supercenter, 359 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., ☎ +1 419-529-2950, . open 24 hours, seven days a week.
- Brown Derby Roadhouse, 3985 Park Ave. West, ☎ +1 419-529-2959, .
- El Campestre, 1971 W. Fourth St., ☎ +1 419-529-5330, .
- Johnny Biggs Booze N' Burgers, 900 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., ☎ +1 419-747-6000, . Hours are Sunday through Thursday 11 am to 11 pm, Friday and Saturday 11 am to 1 am. Kitchen closes 1 hour prior to close time. Johnny Biggs has been voted the best burger in Mid Ohio and the best new restaurant runner-up with a special offer. Johnny Biggs is part restaurant and part sports bar, has 15 big screen TV's and a great menu.
- Steve's Dakota Grill, 3101 Park Ave. West, ☎ +1 419-529-9064, .
- White Castle, One location in Ontario at 375 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., ☎ +1 419-528-4405, . Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You will find the popular White Castle burger franchise. Fries, burgers, shakes, breakfast.
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar, 1023 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., ☎ +1 419-747-5300, .
- Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar, 2016 W Fourth St., ☎ +1 419-525-2933, .
- Nelly's Hide Away, 3717 Park Ave. W., ☎ +1 419-529-6131.
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Mansfield, 2069 Walker Lake Rd., ☎ +1 419-747-2227 (fax: +1 419-747-2237), .
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Ontario/Mansfield, 1065 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., ☎ +1 419-747-2200 (fax: +1 419-747-2200), .
- Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario, 1051 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd., ☎ +1 419-747-5353 (fax: +1 419-747-5368), .
- Ontario Post Office, 3656 Park Ave. West, ☎ +1 419-529-2409 (fax: +1 419-529-2409), . Hours are M-F 8:30AM-12:00PM (noon) and 1:15PM-4:45PM, Sa 8:30AM-11:30AM, closed on Sundays.
- Ontario Post Office at Meijer, 1355 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd. (Located inside Meijer), ☎ +1 419-747-8300, . Hours are M-Su 7:00AM-11:00PM.
- MedCentral Health System, Mansfield Hospital, 335 Glessner Ave., Mansfield, ☎ +1 419-526-8000 ([email protected]), .
- MedCentral Health & Fitness Center, 1750 W. Fourth St., ☎ +1 419-526-8900, . M-F 5:30AM-9:30PM, Sa 7:00AM-4:00PM, Su 10:00AM-4:00PM.
- Brass Hanger Cleaners, One location in Ontario at 2232 Stumbo Rd., ☎ +1 419-529-5256.
Mansfield/Richland County Public Library Ontario Branch
- Mansfield/Richland County Public Library Ontario Branch, 2221 Village Mall Dr., ☎ +1 419-529-4912, . Hours are M-Th 10:00AM-8:00PM, F-Sa 10:00AM-5:00PM, closed on Sunday.
- The Mansfield News Journal  is the only daily newspaper published in the Mansfield area.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!