Omis is an old city located on the Adriatic Coast in Dalmatia, Croatia.
Take a flight to the Split Airport and then use a Bus service to get to Omis.
You can use services from frequent buses that come in and go from Split, Makarska, Sibenik, Dubrovnik, Rijeka, Mostar.
There is taxi-van service that can be used from Split and Makarska
There is a ferry service from Ancona,Italy. Take a ferry to the Port of Split and than use the bus to get to Omis.
There are local boats that run several times a day from Islands of Brac, Hvar, Korčula and Vis. Take them to Split and then use the bus or taxi service to get to Omis.
You can get around the city by car, local taxi and bus service, or tourist trolley. You can also rent a bike or moped from tourist agencies. However most people find it sufficiently comfortable to get around on foot, because Omis is relatively small city.
- Visit the historic Churches of Omis.
- Fortresses Mirabella and Fortica.
- Beautiful city beach (Velika Plaza).
- The city museum and harbour.
- Participate in summertime activities the Fishing Nights, Crazy Dives and Pirates Nights.
- Go for rafting on the beautiful river Cetina.
- Take a ferry trips to the islands of Brac and Hvar.
- Go and visit the city of Makarska, Split, Solin and Trogir and enjoy the beauty of old architecture.
- Traditional folklore clothes.
- Omis' post cards.
- Hand made sculptures with city symbols.
- Try Dalmatinski Prsut-Dalmatian smoked ham (ham smoked and dry on specific way).
- Fritule and Krostule (home made cookies).
- Jela ispod peke ( meals prepared in the traditional way at the local restaurants).
- Local see-food specialties.
- Rakija: hard alcohol made either from grapes or plums.
- There are apartments for rent located all over the city that are relatively inexpensive.
- Visit surrounding places (Nemira, Stanici, Lokva, Duce, Dugi Rat).
- Take a trip up to the canyon of Cetina.
- Go to the basketball, soccer, and water polo games.