The town's name's Ogrodzieniec. The castle, despite of having Ogrodzieniec name is located in Podzamcze village.
History of Ogrodzieniec castleEdit
First mention on castle comes from 13 century. In 16 century a Kraków nobleman and banker Seweryn Boner (His surname derives from Bonnaire as they were German origins family with French heritage and doesn't have any vulgar meaning) rebuilt the castle in renaissance style. In the mid of 17 century the castle's owner became nobleman Andrzej Firlej after marriage with last Boner family member- Zofia. The castle was destroyed by Swedes soldiers in 1655-60 war called Deluge. In this period ans short time after it, the castle's owner became controversial nobleman Stanisław Warszycki . He was said to have been cruel and sadist. He's connected with legendary Black Dog haunting the castle.
Katowice airport is located about 40 km from Ogrodzieniec. It offers following destinations:
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryanair: Athens, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Goteborg, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Milan-Bergamo, Odessa, Oslo-Sanderfjord, Paphos
- Transavia: Amsterdam
- Wizz Air: Alesund, Athens, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol,Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffiled, Dortmund, Dubai Al-Maktoum, Eindhoven, Kharkiv, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Malta, Milan-Bergamo, Sanderfjord, Reykjavik- Keflavik, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavista, Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South
seasonal: Alghero, Bari, Bologna, Burgas, Castellón, Fuerteventura, Glasgow, Faro, Lisbon, Malaga, Naples, Podgorica, Porto, Santander, Split
There're many buses from Zawiercie and Kraków stop in Ogrodzieniec. International buses from Berlin, Munich, Ostrava, Brno, Prague and Vienna also stop here. You can check the timetable on E-Podroznik site.
Ogrodzieniec is located near DK18 way
Ogrodzieniec is well communicated with other Jura Mountains villages and towns.
- Castle. Middle age castle ruins (rebuilt in 16 century), destroyed by Swedish soldiers in 1655-60 war. There're many gastronomical points, rope park and small open-air Jura Mountains castles museum.
- Góra Birów. A reconstructed early middle-age settlement . There're also limestone rocks and small caverns.
- Transfiguration church. A late baroque church from 1787 year with beautiful interior. There's a pope John Paul IInd' s monument and Mary's figurine from early 19 century near the church.
- Our Lady of Rocks sanctuary. Polish: Sanktuarium Matki Bożej Skałkowej. A beautiful sanctuary in limestone rocks. It has its beginnings after 1818 revelations. The sanctuary's altar and Mary's picture come from castle's chapel.
- Józefów. beautiful ponds in the forest
- Cementownia. A post-industrial area with abandoned cement plant and stone-pit.
- Centrum Rozrywki Jura is a popular enetertainemnt place.
- Krępa are natural spring pools in the forest and popular recreation area.
- Rocks in Ogrodzieniec f.ex. near the castle are popular among climbers.
Ogrodzieniec and Podzamcze offer a wide choice of accommodation:
- hotel Pod Figurą, Wojska Polskiego 1B. edit A mid- range hotel in Podzamcze, garden, barbecue place, playing ground, free WiFi and car park
- W ratuszu, Plac Piłsudzkiego 17. edit Guest rooms in old town hall, barbecue place, restaurant, free WiFi
- Agroturystyka Na Jurze, Wojska Polskiego 31 A. edit An agrotourist object not far from the castle, free WIFI, open air swimming pool, barbecue facilities
- Poziom 511, Bonerów 33. edit Splurge design hotel with spa, restaurant, indoor swimming pool, garden, free WiFi
- Skalny, Partyzantów 4. edit Guest rooms in Podzamcze , free WiFi, garden, barbecue and bonfire place, sunbeds
- Pod Zamkiem, Zamkowa 20. edit Guest rooms in front of the castle, bonfire and grill place, garden
- Gościniec Pod Lilijką, Wojska Polskiego 21. edit Guest house with restaurant
- Pokoje Pod Zamkiem, Wojska Polskiego 30. edit Guest rooms with a garden
- Karczma Jurajska, Plac Jurajski 1. edit Guest rooms next to castle, restaurant
- Pod Czereśnią, Szkolna 5. edit Guest rooms with garden, barbecue place
- Firlejówka, Firleja 10. edit Guest rooms with garden
- Słoneczny Domek, Widokowa 1. edit Guest rooms with garden
- Pod Czubatą, Firleja 24. edit Guest rooms with garden
- Bajm, Wojska Polskiego 41. edit Guest rooms with a garden
- Camping, Partyzantów 8. edit A huge tent camping
- Niegowonice — A small village famous by limestone rocks called Skałki.
- Hutki-Kanki — Holiday village with Góra Chełm trail.
- Pustynia Błędowska- A great sand area
- Pilica — Small city with Smoleń castle and Wodąca Valley
- Ryczów — Small village with 14 century castle ruins, limestone rocks, sand area Pustynia Ryczowska and Grochowiec Wielki Hill
- Żelazko — A calm village beneath limestone rocks
- Giebło — A village with romanesque church
- Mirow and Bobolice- Two reconstructed castles
- Podlesice — A village famous by Góra Zborów mountain and tourist cave Jaskinia Głęboka
- Niegowa — A small village with cemetery and grave of Albert "Otto" Esterhazy, a Hungarian January Uprising volunteer
- Kostkowice — A place of artificial Dzibice lake and pristine beaches.
- Siamoszyce- An artificial lake with a resort
- Zawiercie — Jura Mountains main city
- Bydlin — A small village connected with I st world war history and church ruins.
- Rodaki — Lovely village with Świniuszka hill and interesting churches
- Ryczówek — A village with spring waters
- Wolbrom and Żarnowiec — A small old towns
- Dąbrowa Górnicza- city famous by Pogoria lakes. The district located the closest to Ogrodzieniec are Łosień, Łęka and Okradzionów
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|