- Birkehøj. One of the largest passage graves in Denmark, 12 m long and 2 m high. It was built in the stone age ca 3200 BC, and was used for burials for mora than 1000 years.
- Dragsholm Slot. edit
- Rørvig Kirke. This yellow church is located in Rørvig near the beach.
Parks and natureEdit
- Esterhøj, Høve. Hill next to Høve 89 meters above sea level. On clear days you will have a great view over most of Odsherred and the beautiful Sejrøbugt. On the top of the hill you will find the Reunion Stone. A 25 tonnes stone taken from the beach and placed on the top to celebrate that some of the territories Germany captured in 1864, was returned to Denmark after the 1st world war. free. edit
- Gniben. The tip of "Odden" and the westernmost point of Zealand. here is a navy base, but you can follow a small path down to the water. Note the monuments honoring the swimmers crossing Kattegat in the 1030-ties free. edit
- Klintebjerg looks like a crater but is the result of excavation of hydraulic lime (the only one in Denmark). You can walk to to for a good view over the sea. Is a popular place for fishing.
- Veddinge Bakker. Beautiful hills formed during the last ice-age. Enjoy the nature and the view of the water in Sejerøbugten free. edit
- Vejrhøj, Vejrhøj, Kolåsvej, Fårevejle. Not to be missed if you are interested in geology. free. edit
Museums and galleriesEdit
- Anneberg Collections. Annebjerg Stræde 2, tel +45 5991 3800. Collections of glass and porcelain. Other local museums have been moved to locations on Anneberg. There is a cafe and restaurant.
- Huset i Asnæs, Storegade 31, Asnæs, ☎ ''+45'' 5965 0861 ([email protected]), . Sa: 1pm-5pm, Su,Mo-Fr: 10am-5pm. Art museum edit
- Malergården, Swanernes Hus, Plejerupvej 10, Plejerup (Grevinge), ☎ ", . DKK 60, 80 combined with Odsherreds Kunstmuseum. edit
- Odsherreds Kunstmuseum, Hvide Hus, Rødhøj 11, Asnæs, ☎ ''+45'' 59652423 ([email protected], fax: ''+45'' 59652824), . Tu-Su 11am-4pm. Permanent and changing collections of paintings in beautil old building DKK 45 (DKK 80 combined with Malergården). edit
- Ole Olsen Mausoleum. Ole Olsen founded the Nordic Film company, and made a huge mausoleum for himself at the top of a big hill. Please note: This is a private burial mound that is still in use. Please respect the privacy. free. edit
- Steengalleriet (Rock gallery), Sølvagervej 18, Unnerud, ☎ +45 5932 8747, . ""May-Sep,. Exibition of rock sculptures in a nice garden. free. edit
- Nakkefestival , a small underground music festival in Rørvig, near the town of Nakke. It usually takes place in ultimo july. Check their website for specifics.
- Flea Market, Vig, . 9-13. Vig flea market attracts a lot of people when the weather is fine. Every Saturday between easter and week 42 (middle of October), and every wednesday during the summer months (June-August) edit
- Odsherred Zoo, ESTERHØJVEJ 94-96 4550 ASNÆS (Between Asnæs and Høve), . From 10 to somewhere between 15.30 and 18. Small Zoo but with more that 100 different species. Dogs and other pets are not allowed as some of the smaller monkeys and peafowls are running freely around. Most if not all of the animal desriptions are only in Danish. If you visit outside the summerholiday and other big holidays, you might be the only one in the zoo - Not many places you get to have a hole zoo all by yourself. Check the parking lot to get an idea about the number of visitors. Remember that 2 to 3 cars are usually made up by staff. 95 DKK. edit
Lammefjorden is reclaimed land used for growing vegetables. Many small farms that put up signs offering fruit, potatoes, carrots, leeks, eggs, etc.
The town of Rørvig has a speciality called Rørvigspegepølsen (the Rørvig sausage).
- Lodsoldermandsgården, Toldbodvej 73 (at Rørvig harbour), ☎ ''+45'' 59507508, . Retauraunt in charming house from 1681 with a view over the water DKK 100. edit
- Rørvig Fisk, Toldbodvej 81, Rørvig (at the ferry), ☎ ''+45'' 59918133 ([email protected], fax: ''+45''59919630), . April to October. Seafood and fast-food at the harbour From DKK 60. edit
- Rørvig Kro, Toldbodvej 55, Rørvig (close to the harbour and marina), ☎ ''+45'' 59918043, . noon to 3pm for lunch, open for dinner after 6pm. Good small restaurant in a nice setting DKK 370 for a three course dinner. edit
- Dragsholm Slot, Dragsholm Allé, Hørve, ☎ +45 59653300 ([email protected]), . Open for lunch and dinner. There is both a restaurant and an eatery in the old castle. The food is based on Danish traditions and the history of the place. They use many interesting local herbs and vegetables, often from the gardens of the castle or the nearby woods DKK 650 for a 5 course menu in the restaurant (DKK 1300 including wine menu). DKK 100, three course dinner for DKK 300 in the Eatery. edit
- Madkunsten, Algade 44, Nykøbing S, ☎ ''+45'' 59931727 ([email protected]), . Mains DKK 150, two course menu DKK 200. edit
- Lyngkroen, Rørvigvej 217, Nykøbing Sjælland, ☎ ''+45'' 59910441 ([email protected], fax: ''+45'' 59912511), . Good traditional danish food in nice straw roof house from 1795. Lunch DKK 100, dinner mains DKK 200. edit
- Høve Skovpavillion, . Open from April to Christmas. The place to enjoy your afternoon coffee in the woods edit
- Dragsholm Slot (Dragsholm Palace), Dragsholm Alle 1, Hørve, ☎ +45 59 65 33 00, . 1695-2295 DKK. edit
- Lyngkroen, Rørvigvej 217, Nykøbing Sj., ☎ +45 59 91 04 41, . Also rents out vacation homes 710-875 DKK. edit
- Rørvig Centeret, Nørrevangsvej 49, ☎ +45 59 91 88 44, . Also rents out vacation homes 495-1125 DKK. edit
Oddsherred has a huge amount of summerhouses, so if you are staying for more than a day or two, it might be a good idea to rent one. Most newer summerhouses (build in the last 20-30 years) are insulated so they can also be used during wintertime. Some of the most popular booking sites are: Dancenter[], Dansommer [], Novasol[] and HelloLodge[]
- Nexelø, (20 minutes by ferry from Havnsø), . There are no stores or restaurant on this small island so bring food and water. Enjoy the nature and watch the birds. It is the perfect size for a daytrip as it can be explored in three hours leaving time for a picnic. The ferry is 75 DKK return. edit
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|