This article is a travel topic
This is a calendar of events and festivals in the month of October.
- Second Monday - Thanksgiving.
- 1st: National Day - anniversary of founding of People's Republic - most people get a one-week holiday
- Early Oct: Paris Motor Show
- Frankfurt Book Fair  - in Frankfurt
- Oktoberfest beer festival  - in Munich
- Mid Oct: Berlin Festival of Lights, [http:/www.festival-of-lights.de] - Berlin
- October 31 - Día de los Muertes (Day of the Dead)
- Early October: Aardklop , a (mostly Afrikaans) national arts festival in Potchefstroom
- Early October: Fish River Canoe Marathon,  near Cradock
- Early October: Macufe African arts and culture,  in Bloemfontein
- Mid October: Cape Town Flower and Garden Show,  in Cape Town
- Late October: Cape Town International Kite Festival,  at the Zandvlei Picnic Area, Muizenberg
- 10th: Anniversary of the Hsinhai Revolution, otherwise known as the National Day of the Republic of China
- 23rd: Chulalongkorn Day (public holiday)