Nykøbing Falster is a city on the island of Falster in the south eastern part of Denmark
Nykøbing Falster is connected with national railway system and has frequent departures to the Capital, Copenhagen as well as Rødby for connections to the ferries to Germany. There is also a small private railway between Nykøbing and Nakskov on the eastern tip of Lolland island.
Fynbus route 800 connects to Odense up to 9 times per day via the Spodsbjerg-Tårs ferry, with the first/last bus departing at 7.40/18.40 from Nykøbing and 7.46/18.46 from Odense. The trip takes around 3½ hours, and departures are significantly reduced on weekends.
Movia routes 39 and 43 departs to and from Gedser serveral times per day for further connections to the Rostock ferry.
- Borre Bog, Eskildstrup. This is an area with woods and bogs. There are marked routes.
- Fuglsang Manor, Nystedvej 73, Toreby Lolland. Only access to the manor park.
- Fuglsang Art Museum (Fuglsang Kunstmuseum), Nystedvej 71, Toreby Lolland, ☎ +45 5478 1414 ([email protected]), . Nov-Mar W-Su 11AM-4PM, Apr Tu-Su 11AM-4PM, May-Aug 10AM-5PM, Sep-Oct Tu-Su 11AM-4PM. Museum dating back to 1890 now located in newly build buildings in rural surroundings. The museum exhibits primarily Danhish art within the areas of work on paper, painting and sculputures. 70 DKK.
- Guldborgsund Zoo & Botanic Gardens, Østré Allé 97, ☎ +45 5485 2076 ([email protected]), . May-24 Oct 9AM-5PM, 25 Oct-Apr 10AM-4PM. Quite small zoo. Also has a shop and a café. 50-70 DKK, children 20-35 DKK, depending on season.
- Hairdresser Museum (Frisørmuseet), .
- The Trebuchet (Bliden), Gedser Landevej 2. This is a medival catapult. It is the oldest in the world of its kind.
|Routes through Nykøbing Falster