| || |
To and from Stockholm-Skavsta airport [http://www.skavsta.se] you can fly to over 40 destinations in Europe with Ryanair and Wizzair. Inside Sweden you can fly to and from Gotland with Gotlandsflyg.
To and from Stockholm-Skavsta airport [http://www.skavsta.se] you can fly to over 40 destinations in Europe with Ryanair and Wizzair. Inside Sweden you can fly to and from Gotlandwith Gotlandsflyg.
| || |
Revision as of 08:45, 4 July 2013
Nyköpingis the county town of Södermanland and located on the coast 100 km south of Stockholm.
There are roughly 35,000 people living in central Nyköping and close to 50,000 in the whole municipality. There are 23,400 households in the municipality, with 9,600 of these individual homes and 13,800 apartments. The small towns around Nyköping – Stigtomta, Nävekvarn, Jönåker, Tystberga, Stavsjö and Ålberga – all have their own character and advantages.
It’s easy to get to Nyköping and easy to continue on from here.
To and from Stockholm-Skavsta airport  you can fly to over 40 destinations in Europe with Ryanair and Wizzair. Inside Sweden you can fly to and from Gotland with Gotlandsflyg.
Swebus Express  has traffic to and from Nyköping to many destinations in Sweden and Denmark.
With SJ you can travel to and from Nyköping. Trains stop twenty-six times a day in Nyköping. A direct SJ regional train from Stockholm to Nyköping takes about 1 hour.
The main road E4 passes by Nyköping.
There are several bike trails that pass through Nyköping, e.g. Näckrosleden, Kustlinjen and Cykelspåret längs ostkusten.
Nyköping Central is easily accessable on foot. It is also close to the castle and the main bus terminal.
- Nynäs Castle, . A castle located along the coastal route 219, 30 km north of Nyköping. During the summer the castle is open for visitors. In the Orangerie you can enjoy a cup of coffee or shop for plants and flowers.
- Nyköpingshus castle, . An old castle dating back to the 12th century. Inside the King's Tower you can visit exhibitions about the history of Nyköping.
- Sörmlandsleden, . Take a walk along the longest walking trail in Sweden. 100km divided into 100 sections.
- Nyköpingsbron, . Nyköpingsbron is a bridge over the highway E4, from there can you see the long Nyköping River.
- History along the river, . Follow Sweden's longest outdoor museum with signs that tell the history of Nyköping.
On the street Storgatan, stretching nearly one kilometre, are small designer boutiques and clothes shops alongside H&M and Åhlens. There are several design shops where you can buy local and international decorations.
During the summer and around Christmas, you can shop traditional handicraft in the harbour of Nyköping. In the area around Nyköping you find a lot of farmyard shops.
- Restaurang Forsen, .
- Lamduan Thaifood, Östra Storgatan 27, ☎ 0155-21 61 11, .
- Nyköpings Rökeri, Ö. Skeppsbron 7, ☎ 0155-21 38 38.
- Hellmanska Gården, V. Trädgårdsgatan 24, ☎ 0155-21 05 25, .
- Club Tellus, .
- [email protected], Östra Kyrkogatan 13, ☎ 0155-29 42 62.
- Rockbaren, Östra Storgatan 2, ☎ 0155-26 80 20.
- Scandic Nyköping City, Brunnsgatan 31, ☎ +46 (0)155-29 35 00, .
- Hotel Lanterna, Harbour area, ☎ 0155 - 45 50 30, .
- Nyköpings Vandrarhem, Brunnsgatan 2, ☎ 0155 - 21 18 10. 400 SEK.
- Railway, Södra Bangårdsgata, ☎ +46 155 28 29 20, . 395 SEK.