Nusa Lembongan is an island off the southeast coast of the main island of Bali.
Water is quite clear; good for diving and snorkeling. Surfing is crowded but nice waves. Nice coral sand beach. Learn about the cosmetic seaweed farming industry.
There are two main beaches. Jungutbatu in the north is the bigger of the two with a myriad of hotels and cheap eateries, and tends to attract the backpackers and the surfers.
Mushroom Bay to the south of Jungutbatu is more tranquil, has the island's best swimming beach and is slightly more upmarket.
From the Kuta area: Take a taxi to the Sanur beach near the GrandBali Beach Hotel.
- Run by Nusa Lembongan locals there are afternoon trips back to the mainland everyday. The boats are all fast modern and comfortable and take 30-40min to cross. Departing from the beach at around threeish each day the boat then returns to the island at around 4pm, waiting for passengers at the beach in Sanur. There is no need to book many of the local boys or porters on the beach will show you the way.
- Public boats depart daily from Sanur beach public wharf (near the Grand Inna Bali Beach Hotel). No same day return. IDR 50,000 one-way at 7-10.30am. They can be a bit sketchy at times and usually very crowded. No same day return. IDR 50,000 one-way. The ride across is approximately 90 minutes. Seas can be rough.
- Perama a local transfers-only operator for the budget traveler, without same day return, IDR 70,000 one way, and has a network of connecting bus-links from around Bali. Boat departures daily at 10.30am. The ride across is approximately 90 minutes. The office of Perama Sanur can be found at friendly Warung Pojok in Jalan Hang Tua. Daily Perama buses depart from here to Ubud, Kuta, the airport, Padangbai (for Lombok) and now also Amed.
- Scoot Fast Boat,  leaves from Sanur too. It operates fast comfortable boats which take you to either Mushroom Bay or Jungutbatu for US$25 return. The tickets can be bought from the Scoot offices next to Dunkin' Donuts, by the Paradise Beach Hotel, or on the beach near the departure point. It takes 30-40 minutes and is probably the most modern scheduled passenger ferry on the route.
- Island Explorer Cruises, +62 361728088 (email: [email protected]), . Transfer only or day cruise incl lunch & activities, super fast boats or leisurely sailing yacht to island. Departs Benoa at 9am yacht or 10.30AM fast boat. Can pick up from hotels.
- Sea Horse Express + 62 081916268871 (e-mail: [email protected]) private charter with ceapher price IDR 2.500.000(1-10 pax), IDR 3.800.000(11-20 pax) includes : return transfer to Lembongan island,Hotel transfer pick up and dropp around sanur, Kuta and Jimbaran, Mineral Water on the boat.Great trip for one day surfing tours
Tanis Lembongan Express high speed boat will be coming soon, further information please feel free contact:[email protected]
Other ferry options
- Bounty Cruises Catamaran has a high speed ferry available for $35 return.
If you have limited time a good option is to take a one day cruise: on a twin-hull boat under sail you'll reach the island within 1.5 hours (drinks and snacks are available on board). On the island you can take part in a mangrove forest trip, snorkeling, banana boat ride, glass bottom boat ride, sea-kayaking. A lunch and swimming-pool are also available. The approximate price is $60 USD.
This is a nice place to walk. A rocky coastal paths links nearly all the guest houses and hotels. Most trips will take you less than two hours. Bicycles can be rented at most places, and the mainly flat roads are quite well surfaced. Motorbikes are also available but may be unnecessary given the short distances involved. You can cross to the small island of Ceningan via a scenic suspension bridge.
- Walk the suspension bridge between Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan
- Dream Beach on the south coast is a wonderful hidden beach with a great bar / cafe
- Visit the Lembongan Village seaweed farms; the view across the estuary is spectacular.
- Snorkel at Crystal Bay, as the coral is a a must-see and largely untouched.
- Have a drink or dinner at the lovely Sunset Villas and Cafe, and watch the spectacular sunset above the crashing waves.
- Make sure you track down an Aussie guy nick named "Hollywood Johnson". He spends a lot of time on the island and is an absolute character.
- Underground House at Lembongan village
- Mangrove forest in a dugout canoe
- Puncak Sari temple the biggest one in the island of Lembongan in the hill to explore nice view main land of Bali
- World Diving . The island's first full PADI dive school, located at Pondok Baruna guesthouse in Jungutbatu.
- Bali Lembongan Scuba . The island's first full PADI dive school, located at in Jungutbatu.
- Bali Diving Academy Lembongan, . Also situated on-site at Bungalo No7.
- Surfing 
- Tour the "Underground House".
- Rent a bike or scooter and cruise around the small island.
- Take a tour through the mangroves in a sampan-style boat.
- Lulur Spa found at Batu Karang Lembongan Resort and Day Spa. It is Nusa Lembongans first complete Spa with rooms for Facials, Massages, Pedicare, Manicure and Hair treatments . Products are imported from Australia 'Waterlilly' and 'Biokos' from Indonesia. Each room is set with ambient music is air conditioned, Lulur Spa has sepctacular changing rooms all with clean treated hot water and a relaxation room is provided to ensure all guest receive maximum benefit from their visit. Please contact +6236624880 and ask for Lulur Spa for more information.
- Alam Nusa Spa offer you Balinese Massage on the mushroom bay nearby Bali Hai cruise beach club island of Lembongan also many kinds of treatments are available. Please contact mobile: 081338377482, 081337912008 or contact by e-mail: [email protected] for advance reservation.
- Muntigs Bar and Restuarant at Batu Karang Lembongan Resort this provides both western and indonesian foods. Fully complete with imported meats and wine list, fantastic views and great ambience at night. Has private bale decks for those romantic occassions.
- Pondok Baruna serves great, payable meals!
- Tanis Restaurant at The Tanis Villas offer delicious food and great service.
- Coconuts Beach Resort Indo and western food, reasonable prices, great view, friendly service
- Muntigs Bar and Restuarant at Batu Karang Lembongan Resort and Day Spa great for a cocktail, imported beers and wines,has a proper fresh juicing machine, has a proper expresso machine and the staff have been trained to make coffees properly, probably one of the best best coffees you will get in Bali.
- Cafe Bali at Mushroom Bay is fantastic place to have a beer and watch the clear sea and stunning view back to the mainland.
- Tanis Bar at The Tanis Villas offer Beer, Fresh Juice and many kind of Drinks on your requested overlooks mushroom bay of Lembongan island.
- Coconuts Beach Resort ocean front bar, cocktails, fresh juices, cold beer. Don't miss happy hour.
- Batu Karang Lembongan Resort and Day Spa 5 star Boutique Resort newly built. Complete with unbelievable facilities including Restaurant, Bar, Day Spa, 25m 2 lane lap pool, 9m by 9m swim up pool bar, 9m by 9m infinity edge pool, Steam room, Gymnasium, Day Lounge, Wedding pavilion, Conference facility and probaly Lembongans best views. All rooms are fitted out with air conditioning and fans, bathtubs, open air bathrooms, balcony, king size bed, internet, cable tv, mini bar, bath robes, ironing board, full length mirrors, extra pillows, safety box and Day bed. Every room including the bathrooms and toilets have spectacular views over the surf breaks, Badung straight and out to Mt Agung. Batu Karangis the only resort with its own Water Treatment Plant to provide you with fresh clean treated water as well as a sewage treatment plant to ensure your impact on the island is not ruining it. email: [email protected]  +6236624880 rooms from USD$232 a night inclusive of all govt taxe and service charges and American breakfast.
- The Tanis Villas,Reply within 24 hours :+62 361 7432344,, . On Mushroom Bay are gorgeous, very clean, and reasonably priced. Mushroom Bay is probably more sophisticated than the northern bay. They come in various levels of amenities.beautiful swimming pool, garden Views, Very family friendly too, with a great pool that overlooks Mushroom Bay. There are awesome banana crepes included in the price! This is a very cool place for a very great price!10 metre from Mushroom beach of Lembongan.
- Bungalo No7,  has clean fan cooled rooms (70,000 - 150,000) around a lovely garden right on the beach.
- Coconuts Beach Resort, +62 361728088 email [email protected] www.bali-activities.com well established traditional ocean front resort aircon or fan villas, ensuite bathrooms, hot water, 2 pools, restaurant, bar, internet, Indovision. All villas havs spectacular views of surf breaks and Mt Agung. From US$36 per person/night inc breakfast
- Linda Bungalow and Restaurant, Phone: 0812 360 0867 Phone from abroad: +62 812 360 0867 Email: . Australian owned. Rooms are clean with nice views of Shipwrecks surfing break. Nice sandy beach. Rooms have cold saltwater showers, deck chairs and seating, fresh linens and towels. Their restaurant is recommended; good burgers, daily specials, big cheap pancakes, American breakfast, etc. The most expensive item on the menu is 25,000 Rp. 85,000 Rupiahs per day. Owners: Bruce & Wendy Chapman.
- Atas - Villa Atas Nusa Lembongan , [email protected], Email  Website  Upstairs: Fully self contained, Villa Atas has 2 King bedrooms (or 1 King size and 2 King Singles) 2 bathrooms and Open Living area. Surf Checks are from bed in this top-tiered. Villa Sleeps 4 plus Daybed in lounge. Solar Hot Water - CD player. Downstairs: A Fully self contained Air-conditioned one King Bedroom unit. Here we overlook "playgrounds", "Lacerations" and watch "Shipwrecks" from bed. This Unit features Indoor Outdoor Living at its best with an open Lounge that borders the plunge pool and an Outdoor Dining area that steps down to the garden. Sleeps 2 plus 2 daybeds. Solar hot water and CD player.
- Playgrounds, +62 3662 4524, [email protected],  has clean double rooms with aircondition (Rp. 450.000) and fan (Rp. 400.000) , family rooms (Rp. 500.000) and villas ($200 - 250 AUS) . Nice view over the bay and if the weather is clear also at mount batur. The top floor rooms don't have air condition but a nice large balcony with a sofa and the better view. Hotel only serves breakfast, but that is tasty. Pick-up from the ferry boats can be arranged.
- Shipwrecks Beach Villa , (+62) 81 338 032 900, Email [email protected],  is a beautiful timber villa just in from Shipwrecks break, with rooms surrounding a large private garden. Aircon and hot (fresh!) water in the three guest rooms; large elevated pavilion has living, dining, kitchen and AV room (Indovision and DVD's) facilities.
There are four Internet shops - Baruna, Mainski and in the dive shop in Jungutbatu.
At Mushroom Bay Tanis Villas have an internet at Rp.45,000 per hour.
- The local doctor will make time for anyone who is sick (unfortunately the island is not equipped for serious emergencies but there is always a boat ready to go).
- Small medical center (for surfer cuts, grazes and gashes).
- If you love to keep fit and can do it without aircon there is the J&S BROTHERS GYM anyone can use the facilities in the gym just ask for Sugi.